Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trooper jokes a bit, but I for one, didn't feel she was joking in that post.
fwiw, anyway.

To me the remarks would have seemed clever if it wasn't so early in the game. A woman, a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend has gone missing and there is shared pain and fear all around. Speculation is the name of the game here but respect should be included. This isn't a novel.

Hi guys;
I'm a high functioning alcoholic with some mental conditions. I've attempted suicide a few times, and have children. I felt at the time I was a burden for them & they'd be better off without me. I did this drunk & on the spur of the moment & was very remorseful the next day. I did not leave notes or write them. I have a university degree & a successful career. Suicide, in my own personal experience comes from personal pain in an impulsive act wrapped up in long term depression and other mental illness. It's hard for the sufferers and their loved ones to cope with. Very complex. I'm not looking for sympathy.... just giving you insight into what some people are hypothesising in regard to this case, as far as alcohol, suicide & depression are concerned. I'm all good at the moment, but it's a messy beast to tango with. 😊

I wonder if we may head each new page with this post?
Dear goodthing101, fabulous post! Thank you so much for this.
I hear you loud and clear. More power to ya. :daisy:

Without a doubt. However, consider this ....

$5,516 monthly repayment on beach house
$11,032 monthly repayment on Surrey Hills home (taking the median price of home there)
$7,500 monthly fees for 3 children in private school

That is $24,048 per MONTH already ... $288,576 per YEAR. Excluding food costs, electricity/water/gas costs, petrol costs, insurance costs, clothing costs, car loans, extracurricular activities, holidays, whatever.

Even if I am marginally off in the private school fees (though I took figures from 3 years ago), he would have to be on an amazingly high salary to afford anything close to covering all of these expenses ... alone.

https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/home-loans/calculator/mortgage-repayment/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/57156f21cc71c89ee469c52ca1e145aa

The choices people make I guess.

If they were under financial stress then sell a house.....

The more people earn the more people have to have.

Bloody insanity if you ask me.

Financial stress to me is working out what you are going to cook for dinner with the coins in your purse and wondering if the fuel in your tank is going to get you home.

For some people it's the stress of losing your 1 home due to not being able to make repayments due to illness or being put off from work.

I don't begrudge anyone's lifestyle if they can afford it but nothing makes my stomach turn more when people own multiple houses regardless of whether they have mortgages then identify as being under financial stress.

Without a doubt. However, consider this ....

$5,516 monthly repayment on beach house
$11,032 monthly repayment on Surrey Hills home (taking the median price of home there)
$7,500 monthly fees for 3 children in private school

That is $24,048 per MONTH already ... $288,576 per YEAR. Excluding food costs, electricity/water/gas costs, petrol costs, insurance costs, clothing costs, car loans, extracurricular activities, holidays, whatever.

Even if I am marginally off in the private school fees (though I took figures from 3 years ago), he would have to be on an amazingly high salary to afford anything close to covering all of these expenses ... alone.

https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/home-loans/calculator/mortgage-repayment/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/57156f21cc71c89ee469c52ca1e145aa

Considering they have been together for 14 years I don't think you can assume what their repayments would be, especially on median prices of today and without knowing what savings they had prior to their relationship or what deposits were paid. As for private school, the children are in primary school, hailebury is approx $30000pa for a year 11/12 student, and most private schools have discounts for a second and third child.

Someone posted this link earlier in the thread:
https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/16-aireys-street-aireys-inlet-vic-3231

If you click on the photos, it says that the property was listed in Feb 2017. According to real estate records I can find, the property was last purchased in 5- which means it is still for sale, from the feb listing. It still has a current domain listing.

According to the neighbour, Elisa was at the holiday home every weekend. She loved it there
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final

But the family is selling up. I wonder if an offer has been made on the house? An offer that made her so upset, the neighbour went back to check on her?

Excellent sleuthing. Something about this... idk...
something feels significant here.

SES have set up a table with a photo and description of Elisa on the main road of Lorne today, asking for anyone who may have seen anything to come forward with information. The local volunteers sitting at the desk had no new information to offer. Lots of people were gathering around, equally at a loss and saddened by Elisa's disappearance, wishing for news.

Someone posted this link earlier in the thread:
https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/16-aireys-street-aireys-inlet-vic-3231

If you click on the photos, it says that the property was listed in Feb 2017. According to real estate records I can find, the property was last purchased in 5- which means it is still for sale, from the feb listing. It still has a current domain listing.

According to the neighbour, Elisa was at the holiday home every weekend. She loved it there
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final

But the family is selling up. I wonder if an offer has been made on the house? An offer that made her so upset, the neighbour went back to check on her?

I wondered if an offer HADN'T been made , and in real estate parlance, FEB is a bad month, people want to have their houses bought before the school year starts, it is often, in Melbourne, the hottest month of the year, like over 40 for days on end, so it has that air of a desperate seller to put it up in Feb.. waiting until April, and then September is the real estate agents favorite line. ... . and maybe the price was absurd, its weatherboard, very very high maintenance, .. the property market in their level has that incipient air of stagnation, due to a lot of factors too myriad to go into .. ..I reckon no offer worth a crumpet to them was made, and perhaps to add to the irritation, one of the partners was not willing to , as they say, 'meet the market' and drop the price. .. ... . to me, it is significant that that family home was on sale, and not the Airey's Inlet home. which would have sold in a nanosecond , in February.

I just checked and mine doesn't, but I'm in NSW and Elisa is in Vic so it may be different (they're issued by state, not nationally).

Eye colour is not listed on drivers licences in Victoria, however there is a colour photo of the drivers face on the licence.

It is the usual way of us Aussies. I haven't heard that either of them are independently wealthy, enough to pay cash for a $1,000,000 or $2,000,000 home. So it is a presumption ... and a discussion thought.

Have you read differently?

I have also been trying to find what a man in his position would make, because the financial aspect interests me, and the police are looking into it.

I don't know either. But the Surrey Hills house would be very valuable and desirable. You don't buy there if you're scrabbling for money to live. It's probably difficult to buy there at all, it's so desirable. Like, they may have some financial pressures from time to time, but . . . do they want to swap? Two or three houses, children in private school, an educated wife who doesn't work--it all says that they have the capacity to raise cash if need be, either by increasing their income, reducing expenditure, or selling assets.

I'd like to make another point related to this, which is, that a not particularly happy marriage is a lot more bearable if you can afford to take a break now and then, and if you can afford help with housework and so on, and don't need to negotiate with one another every dollar. I'm not talking about a situation where one partner is abusive.

The Surrey Hills house listing indicates that it sold in November 2010 for 1.825 million.

The letters also reveal someone keenly aware of the struggles faced by modern women when it came to work and family.

In a May 2013 letter to The Age, she wrote: “I am a stay-at-home mother of three children and certainly don’t think of my role as a burden. I feel fortunate that I am able to look after my children ...

“I do feel strongly, however, about the real problem facing many women who have stayed at home — the potential for economic inequality later in life, *especially when a marriage breaks down.”

Several months later, she wrote to The Australian in *response to the tragic news of a mother who had been jailed after harming her children.

“We ask how did this happen in suburbia? The family landscape has changed; many mothers have no help with young children, and with fathers working long hours or suffering from mental illness themselves, the endless task of looking after young children is shouldered alone,” she wrote.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/82e66c6b32b03daabd66c6beb35bcb19

I think someone was saying in the last thread that her letters to the newspapers shouldn't be looked into or regarded too much. I disagree. From the first time reading the one about addiction, before that leaked poster became public, I thought that this was something that had personally affected her life. Obviously some of them have clearly been in jest but I do think they provide insight into her life and what's been going through her head.

Some of her other letters...
  • Responding to a column about an academic who had maintained a successful career whilst being addicted to heroin.
    "His family's ultimate acceptance of his drug use was no doubt an important part of enabling his recovery. I think it is equally important to stop using such terminology as "beating" or "winning the battle" against drugs. Such vocabulary carries with it great stigma, making addicts feel like they are failures, and creating the perception among families and friends that their loved one is simply not trying hard enough."

• When Carrie Fisher passed...
    "Carrie Fisher used her genius wit and personal experience to de-stigmatise addiction. Please use the sadness and mourning of her passing to extend empathy and understanding to all those who are impacted by addiction and mental illness in our communities. Carrie would have wanted that. Thank you, Carrie, for your honesty and self-deprecating humour which helped so many people."

These letters and the ones quoted in the article above are very telling IMO. She loves her kids and staying home with them but often feels like she does everything on her own as husband is working long hours, possibly has his own health problems. She is also well aware of possible money problems in the event of a divorce for a stay at home mum.

And then there's the ongoing emphasis on how addicts have a hard time being understood and/or accepted, publicly and within families. Could be her, could be people close to her. But I just feel like she writes about things close to her heart and life, not just random thoughts plucked from the air. Paints a very sad picture, IMO. :(

I wondered if the addiction comments were connected to someone in her family of origin, and possibly that connects back to the inheritance dispute.

To me the remarks would have seemed clever if it wasn't so early in the game. A woman, a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend has gone missing and there is shared pain and fear all around. Speculation is the name of the game here but respect should be included. This isn't a novel.

Yes, definitely. I understand, and surely appreciate that.
We are all concerned about Elisa.
And I (imoo) didn't think Trooper was attempting to be clever.
Although it may not have been written in a somber tone, I took it as she was genuinely surprised, and sincerely interested in drsleuth's expertise.
I'm not writing this in defence of Trooper, as, Lordy knows, she doesn't need that -- but just writing from my own take on it.
We all see things through different filters, moods, and life events, I suppose.
I don't think anybody here would be joking about mental illness.
Truly. :heartbeat:

Question:

Everyone seems to assume the kids were at private school, do we know this for sure? I know she wrote a letter about private schools, but to me that came across as poking fun at people who sent their kids to private school. I live close to Surrey Hills and most people in this area use public schools.

I might add, there a many private schools in this area, however the public schools are so very good that most families use them until their kids are ready for secondary school.

In someone's public work photo, compared to now, they are almost unrecognisable. I thought it was a different person :scared::thinking:

In someone's public work photo, compared to now, they are almost unrecognisable. I thought it was a different person :scared::thinking:
Yes, I noticed that he looks a lot thinner now in the face.

Sorry was searching a date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry was searching a date

Sorry jumping of myself I was searching for when mother passed ? But posted :/ anyway could the inheritance dispute of sorts be over one of the houses ? South Aus has me thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members