Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if this has been noted:

Ms Curry's missing mobile phone has been turned off since 10.30pm Saturday and her Facebook account was deleted some time after Friday night.

Also:

Inspector Seel . . . moved to reassure the small seaside community on the Great Ocean Road that there was no indication of foul play.

"I want to reassure the community that the area is safe," he said.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...or-elisa-curry-continues-20171006-gyvl8g.html

I have read it but cannot find anything in Msm so have removed my comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Friday, David Curry was still at the holiday home. So, unless he has travelled from there to work, I would think he has had this week off. Although he may be managing some things over the phone/internet/email - if he had crucial matters coming up that needed his direction or input.

ALH Group's corporate office is in South Yarra. About 1¾-2 hours drive away from Aireys Inlet, according to Google.

Inspector Seel visited Mr Curry at the holiday home yesterday with unfortunate news.

“David is aware we are scaling back the search,” Inspector Peel said.

“What he did say was he could not be more *appreciative of the efforts of volunteers and police.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/82e66c6b32b03daabd66c6beb35bcb19
October 7, 2017

Don't panic this is NOT Elisa but its a timely reminder that suicide does happen regularly.

Police and Search and Rescue Crews found a deceased female in the Barwon River about 12pm on Sunday, following a search for a missing 22-year-old woman.

Police have not released the identity of the deceased person.
Victoria Police spokeswoman Belinda Batty confirmed the discovery.
“The body of a female was located in Barwon River about midday,” Ms Batty said. “The death is not being treated as suspicious and we will not be releasing any further details.”
Police were scouring the river after items belonging to a missing woman were found nearby.

“We’ve got a 22-year-old female that’s missing, and police have located some belongings down at the rivers edge in Highton,” Sgt Whitefield said about 9am today
“We found a handbag and mobile phone at the scene.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...y/news-story/a38135679ef957f271965bbc862bd40d

My Dad committed suicide. It didn't take any special day for him to do this. He just couldn't cope anymore with our Mum's mental illness.

My brothers were members of a Rifle Club. Their gun case was in their bedroom. Dad threw the 303 rifle out the bedroom window, unbeknown to any of us. He walked out the front door of the house without us even noticing, picked up the rifle from outside the bedroom window, walked around the side of the house and shot himself in the head with the 303 rifle.

My brother arrived home just after dark and as he drove into the garage, he was the unfortunate one to find Dad's splattered body. It was so horrific that a few days later he suffered an epileptic fit at work and was admitted to hospital for brain scans etc.

It is hardest for the loved ones left behind. I'm beginning to think that Elisa may have committed suicide and with all that bushland, cliffs and the ocean, her body may never be found.
I'm so sorry. What a horrific experience!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

My Dad committed suicide. It didn't take any special day for him to do this. He just couldn't cope anymore with our Mum's mental illness.

My brothers were members of a Rifle Club. Their gun case was in their bedroom. Dad threw the 303 rifle out the bedroom window, unbeknown to any of us. He walked out the front door of the house without us even noticing, picked up the rifle from outside the bedroom window, walked around the side of the house and shot himself in the head with the 303 rifle.

My brother arrived home just after dark and as he drove into the garage, he was the unfortunate one to find Dad's splattered body. It was so horrific that a few days later he suffered an epileptic fit at work and was admitted to hospital for brain scans etc.

It is hardest for the loved ones left behind. I'm beginning to think that Elisa may have committed suicide and with all that bushland, cliffs and the ocean, her body may never be found.

Big hugs for you love, this stuff is so hard for those left behind. The impact is beyond measure and never leaves us. Xx

That’s quite possible actually... that last little dig at him. That you’ll show you type of thing. My hubby did his deed 2 days before our sons 4th birthday, the last “you won’t forget” type of thing.

Love & hugs for you & your son, as well. It's an experience that no one should have to go through.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm leaning towards suicide, the fact she ( presume it was her) deleted her fb that night is telling.
The other most significant fact for me was the neighbour going back to the house for the second time.
Had Elisa threatened to suicide earlier and was drunk, and the neighbour rang D.C. Asking him what she should do, perhaps he said go back and get her to bed. That could explain why he got down their early Sunday, especially if he had been calling her.

I'm leaning towards suicide, the fact she ( presume it was her) deleted her fb that night is telling.
The other most significant fact for me was the neighbour going back to the house for the second time.
Had Elisa threatened to suicide earlier and was drunk, and the neighbour rang D.C. Asking him what she should do, perhaps he said go back and get her to bed. That could explain why he got down their early Sunday, especially if he had been calling her.

But it has been reported that the neighbour was called back to the home. Not sure if the reporting is correct, but my understanding was that Elisa perhaps phoned the neighbour to come back over.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6
But later that night, the female neighbour was then called back to the property.
“The neighbour and the husband were over there and then the wife came back and spoke with her,” Inspector Peter Seel said.
“She (the neighbour) has made a statement (about the nature of the conversation with Mrs Curry) but that’s not something I’m going to go into.”

Oh Tiddles I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine the grief you and your family have suffered xx

I agree, and feel, for the grief people here must go through.
For Tiddles, and the many 'sleuthers' that have related their personal journeys,
perhaps posting throughout such threads, helps in their suffering.
These incidents will always be remembered throughout their lives.

Unsure if this has been noted:

Ms Curry's missing mobile phone has been turned off since 10.30pm Saturday and her Facebook account was deleted some time after Friday night.

Also:

Inspector Seel . . . moved to reassure the small seaside community on the Great Ocean Road that there was no indication of foul play.

"I want to reassure the community that the area is safe," he said.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...or-elisa-curry-continues-20171006-gyvl8g.html

"No indication of foul play " I think police and family know what's happened here.

But it has been reported that the neighbour was called back to the home. Not sure if the reporting is correct, but my understanding was that Elisa perhaps phoned the neighbour to come back over.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6
But later that night, the female neighbour was then called back to the property.
“The neighbour and the husband were over there and then the wife came back and spoke with her,” Inspector Peter Seel said.
“She (the neighbour) has made a statement (about the nature of the conversation with Mrs Curry) but that’s not something I’m going to go into.”

Oh ok didn't realize neighbour had been called back, maybe Elisa rang her husband distressed and husband asked neighbour to go over,

That really was a jaw-dropping search.
I'm still a bit dazed (and confused) by it as well.

I agree Verdigris.
Could DC's status, the Company he works for etc, have anything to do with massive, immediate search?

Could he/they have stated, I/we will contribute +++, or would this suggestion not have any influence on immediate decision, and extent of search????

I agree Verdigris.
Could DC's status, the Company he works for etc, have anything to do with massive, immediate search?

Could he/they have stated, I/we will contribute +++, or would this suggestion not have any influence on immediate decision, and extent of search????

The fact that a woman appears to have gone missing at Barwon Heads and a body later found without any fanfare suggests that Elisa's case has been treated differently.

The fact that a woman appears to have gone missing at Barwon Heads and a body later found without any fanfare suggests that Elisa's case has been treated differently.

That woman was found less than 24 hours after being reported missing. Canine and air wing units had been brought in to search.

Elisa's case has received more attention because she hasn't been found.

Hi everyone,
First time posting! Been following this case and thought I'd finally stop watching creepily from afar and join the conversation.
I was wondering about the search also... Why would there be so much media focus and such a significant search if they're thinking its a suicide? Yes, I understand they need to find her body (if it's the case of suicide) but I can't help but think of all the people that go missing every single day with little to no attention from media.
As for the neighbour going back and supposedly seeing her go to bed, I don't think this is all that weird, particularly if she does indeed have an issue with depression and/or alcoholism. IMO I can imagine a scenario where there was some kind of get together that evening where she may have had too much to drink or been in a dark mood, the neighbours went home and husband & wife (neighbours) discussed it and the female neighbour said something along the lines of "I'm just going to go check she's ok" and went back over. I can imagine a personal conversation relating the alcohol/depression/life in general would be a likely outcome from this visit and as a result, the neighbour put her to bed once they'd spoken for her own peace of mind as much as for Elisa's safety.
All my own thoughts on the whole situation and really hoping I haven't broken any rules..as a long time we sleuths shadow-lurker I know it can be easy to do!
Nice to finally say hi to you all!

Hi everyone,
First time posting! Been following this case and thought I'd finally stop watching creepily from afar and join the conversation.
I was wondering about the search also... Why would there be so much media focus and such a significant search if they're thinking its a suicide? Yes, I understand they need to find her body (if it's the case of suicide) but I can't help but think of all the people that go missing every single day with little to no attention from media.
As for the neighbour going back and supposedly seeing her go to bed, I don't think this is all that weird, particularly if she does indeed have an issue with depression and/or alcoholism. IMO I can imagine a scenario where there was some kind of get together that evening where she may have had too much to drink or been in a dark mood, the neighbours went home and husband & wife (neighbours) discussed it and the female neighbour said something along the lines of "I'm just going to go check she's ok" and went back over. I can imagine a personal conversation relating the alcohol/depression/life in general would be a likely outcome from this visit and as a result, the neighbour put her to bed once they'd spoken for her own peace of mind as much as for Elisa's safety.
All my own thoughts on the whole situation and really hoping I haven't broken any rules..as a long time we sleuths shadow-lurker I know it can be easy to do!
Nice to finally say hi to you all!

I believe police said she was in good spirits so we don't know that the neighbour going back over was to console or check her for that reason. Maybe they do the big search in case she is still alive. It's all very weird to me.

There's so much we don't know. Most of it is none of our business anyway. If we were apprised of the full facts available to the police, it might all be much less mysterious and make much more sense. But I suspect this might end up like the Jeffrey Boucher case... with a body eventually found but no real explanation or closure.

It's not implausible that she ran all night . A long way from the search area by morning . The back tracks . Not being seen because she dosent want to be . If a car is approaching she would know to duck into the bush til it passed . Just kept running . And this I can't get out of my head : from Paris Texas , travis is explaining why he's been missing for 4 years :" and then he ran. He never looked back at the fire . He just ran . He ran until the sun came up , and he couldn't run any further . When the sun went down he ran again for 5 days he ran like this till every sign of man had dissappeared " Every time I think of DC saying " IF you are out there ." I think of this movie

It's not implausible that she ran all night . A long way from the search area by morning . The back tracks . Not being seen because she dosent want to be . If a car is approaching she would know to duck into the bush til it passed . Just kept running . And this I can't get out of my head : from Paris Texas , travis is explaining why he's been missing for 4 years :" and then he ran. He never looked back at the fire . He just ran . He ran until the sun came up , and he couldn't run any further . When the sun went down he ran again for 5 days he ran like this till every sign of man had dissappeared " Every time I think of DC saying " IF you are out there ." I think of this movie

The back tracks? This is only assumption, because it's a long time since I was there, and I don't remember very well, but that would mean uneven ground in the dark, no street lighting? In that situation I find it hard enough to walk without stumbling; I don't know how anyone could run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste