Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not implausible that she ran all night . A long way from the search area by morning . The back tracks . Not being seen because she dosent want to be . If a car is approaching she would know to duck into the bush til it passed . Just kept running . And this I can't get out of my head : from Paris Texas , travis is explaining why he's been missing for 4 years :" and then he ran. He never looked back at the fire . He just ran . He ran until the sun came up , and he couldn't run any further . When the sun went down he ran again for 5 days he ran like this till every sign of man had dissappeared " Every time I think of DC saying " IF you are out there ." I think of this movie

Can't see it myself. How does that result in the family dog being found on a neighbouring property and described as being traumatised?

It's not a useful piece of evidence as such, but it is a very real piece of evidence. The dog was traumatised. Why? What did he see?

Hi everyone,
First time posting! Been following this case and thought I'd finally stop watching creepily from afar and join the conversation.
I was wondering about the search also... Why would there be so much media focus and such a significant search if they're thinking its a suicide? Yes, I understand they need to find her body (if it's the case of suicide) but I can't help but think of all the people that go missing every single day with little to no attention from media.
As for the neighbour going back and supposedly seeing her go to bed, I don't think this is all that weird, particularly if she does indeed have an issue with depression and/or alcoholism. IMO I can imagine a scenario where there was some kind of get together that evening where she may have had too much to drink or been in a dark mood, the neighbours went home and husband & wife (neighbours) discussed it and the female neighbour said something along the lines of "I'm just going to go check she's ok" and went back over. I can imagine a personal conversation relating the alcohol/depression/life in general would be a likely outcome from this visit and as a result, the neighbour put her to bed once they'd spoken for her own peace of mind as much as for Elisa's safety.
All my own thoughts on the whole situation and really hoping I haven't broken any rules..as a long time we sleuths shadow-lurker I know it can be easy to do!
Nice to finally say hi to you all!

Hi Curious Dee,
Well done on your first post :) I - like you - have been obsessively following many WS cases (KR, WT, MA & TE) for approx 6 months or since they started, with some casual lurking a few years ago of JM & SC. And this case is the one that made me get up the guts to actually write something for the first time.
I have been feeling such tremendous sadness for Elisa's family tonight, and for Elisa, and for all the WS'ers who have opened up with their own family experiences of suicide, depression & alcoholism over the last week. I just hope the waiting and wondering & not knowing is over quickly for the Curry family. Bless those poor children.

Can't see it myself. How does that result in the family dog being found on a neighbouring property and described as being traumatised?

It's not a useful piece of evidence as such, but it is a very real piece of evidence. The dog was traumatised. Why? What did he see?

Sorry, but it's never been reported that the dog was traumatised. Distressed, yes. Traumatised, no.

I certainly agree that the distressed dog is significant.

The dog being traumatised - I said in my previous post that it's not useful evidence and that's true enough because you can't ask the dog any questions. He can't tell anyone what happened, but given that his mum is missing, and that he was found off the property and traumatised, it seems to me a pretty fair bet he saw what happened to her.

I think (please understand Sherlock Sleuth, when I say "I think this is what happened," it is not the same as saying "this is definitely without doubt what happened" - there is a difference - ) ... I think the fact of a traumatised dog rules out certain scenarios.

I think if she had walked out into the ocean, at some point he would have become worried; I'm imagining a dog watching his owner disappearing, pacing back and forth and barking, and I think at some point he would have followed her - he would have tried to rescue her. And if he came home at all, it would have been a very soggy dog, which would have been noted at the time. Traumatised? I think perhaps not so much.

Again, if she had jumped off a cliff, would that have resulted in a traumatised dog? I don't know to what extent a dog's spatial awareness mirrors human spatial awareness. We know that if you jump off a high cliff, you're going to kill yourself. I'm not so certain a dog would know that. I vaguely recall a psych article on spatial awareness in cats, in which they were found to resist walking out onto a glass surface with no apparent support but I don't know how that might translate into a dog watching his owner dive off a cliff. For all I can guess, he might have thought she'd hit the water, go for a swim and come climbing back up the cliff to him.

I don't think he saw either of those scenarios. I suspect he saw something much worse.

150 people speak to police at Aireys Inlet information caravan in search for missing mum Elisa Curry.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...y/news-story/54694df25655af0a51ffdeb9e0ae2904

"Police were hoping to speak to drivers who were in Aireys Inlet between 10pm Saturday, September 30, and 10pm Sunday, October 1, who may have dash cam footage of the surrounding area.

They were also looking to speak to anyone exercising in the Lorne and Urquarts Bluff areas between sunrise and 11am on that Sunday.

A spokeswoman for Victoria Police confirmed that more than 150 people came forward to give information over the weekend.

It is not yet known if the information given will shed light on the mystery."

BBM

Sorry, but it's never been reported that the dog was traumatised. Distressed, yes. Traumatised, no.

I guess there must be a substantial difference between "traumatised" and "distressed." Could you please explain the difference to me?

I think the the distressed dog is a dog which probably hasn't eaten or drunk any water for close to two days and is away from its owner.

First time posting on this thread. It's a Labrador - if it wasn't fed by it's usual time in the morning, of course it is going to be distressed. They love their food.
We will never know if it saw anything: we are not 100% sure on it even being found with it's leash. I don't believe for one minute it was with her. Dogs are like our children -why would you want them to witness the unthinkable? I think if she left to do what we are all assuming she did, she would have made sure the dog was safe. I know I would. Somehow, the dog got out on Sunday morning.

I think if she had walked out into the ocean, at some point he would have become worried; I'm imagining a dog watching his owner disappearing, pacing back and forth and barking, and I think at some point he would have followed her - he would have tried to rescue her. And if he came home at all, it would have been a very soggy dog, which would have been noted at the time. Traumatised? I think perhaps not so much.

Again, if she had jumped off a cliff, would that have resulted in a traumatised dog? I don't know to what extent a dog's spatial awareness mirrors human spatial awareness. We know that if you jump off a high cliff, you're going to kill yourself. I'm not so certain a dog would know that. I vaguely recall a psych article on spatial awareness in cats, in which they were found to resist walking out onto a glass surface with no apparent support but I don't know how that might translate into a dog watching his owner dive off a cliff. For all I can guess, he might have thought she'd hit the water, go for a swim and come climbing back up the cliff to him.

I don't think he saw either of those scenarios. I suspect he saw something much worse.

I am struggling to keep up in this thread, but the dog was "missing" Sunday morning and found Monday evening, he would have been dry by then.

Also, I just saw a video of a dog that had never seen stairs before, taken to a 2 storey home where it was running around excitedly and tried to run down the internal stairs. It just kept running in mid air then fell because it didn't know there was a hole in the floor and stairs to go down. Does that make sense? So maybe dogs don't have awesome spatial awareness but who knows...

First time posting on this thread. It's a Labrador - if it wasn't fed by it's usual time in the morning, of course it is going to be distressed. They love their food.
BBM

We will never know if it saw anything: we are not 100% sure on it even being found with it's leash. I don't believe for one minute it was with her. Dogs are like our children -why would you want them to witness the unthinkable? I think if she left to do what we are all assuming she did, she would have made sure the dog was safe. I know I would. Somehow, the dog got out on Sunday morning.

But we are not all assuming what you are assuming.

LE might be working backwards to prove Elisa didn't go for a run. Many bike riders & joggers wear GoPros.

IMO they could be narrowing down the time she went missing and how she went missing.

Police were hoping to speak to drivers who were in Aireys Inlet between 10pm Saturday, September 30, and 10pm Sunday, October 1, who may have dash cam footage of the surrounding area.
They were also looking to speak to anyone exercising in the Lorne and Urquarts Bluff areas between sunrise and 11am on that Sunday.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...y/news-story/54694df25655af0a51ffdeb9e0ae2904

Really?

Out of:
Being kidnapped by aliens,
Kidnapped for ransom,
Running in the dark, tripping and accidentally falling over a cliff,
Disappearing with a lover,
or
Suicide.

Pretty sure we ARE all assuming the last option.

Fluffykins you got me thinking. It would be interesting to know how close EC and the dog were. How many times have we seen a dog sitting by a coffin or by a grave or by a hospital waiting for their beloved owner. If EC and the doggie were close I'm sure the doggie would be by her side wherever, whatever if she was close by.

BBM

I guess there must be a substantial difference between "traumatised" and "distressed." Could you please explain the difference to me?

Of course there is a difference. Survey 100 dog owners & ask them whether (if they had to choose) they'd rather their dog came home distressed, or traumatised? I bet 100 choose distressed.

Sorry if it seems like I'm nitpicking, but I'm old fashioned, and still believe in accuracy in reporting. If you take 'distressed' and change it to 'traumatised', and then someone else does the same, where does it all end?

Really?

Out of:
Being kidnapped by aliens,
Kidnapped for ransom,
Running in the dark, tripping and accidentally falling over a cliff,
Disappearing with a lover,
or
Suicide.

Pretty sure we ARE all assuming the last option.

I am not assuming the last option.
Nor am I assuming any of your other options.

Could it be possible Elisa didn't drink at all or maybe she was reformed and hadn't touched achohol in years.
I can't find in MSM that she might have been drunk and she suffered depression.
Can anyone help me find these links so I can research, as my searches aren't leading anywhere.
TIA
Didn't the flyer given to searchers mention alcoholic, or possible alcoholic?

There's something strange with all this.

Investigators have told how a neighbouring Aireys Inlet couple spoke to Ms Curry at her house as she was going to bed about 10pm Saturday.

After the couple left the woman returned to speak to Ms Curry over a “personal matter” that officers would not divulge, police said.
“The neighbour and her husband were over there, then they left and then the wife came back and spoke to her,” Insp Peter Seel said.
Police said they were “looking into why she returned” and said the woman had made a formal statement.
“But I’m not going to go into that at the moment,” Insp Seel said.
The emergence of the mysterious conversation came as police and bush rescue brought in the area of their search for Ms Curry to the immediate area surrounding her holiday home.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...e/news-story/71c5103d1c95652065d7173cb7b5b467

:thinking: If LE looked into the empty bottles that could be a start.

Asked if Ms Curry had been intoxicated after drinking on Saturday afternoon with other neighbours, police said: “She had been drinking - to what degree I don’t know.”

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/geelong/missing-mother-elisa-curry-spoke-with-neighbours-on-the-night-she-disappeared-from-aireys-inlet-house/news-story/71c5103d1c95652065d7173cb7b5b467

It could be a process of elimination.

LE might be looking for vehicles and not Elisa exercising.

Dash cameras might pick up a vehicle who's driver said he was at home. :thinking:

They, the neighbours said Elisa went to bed & she was upbeat in her last text to her husband. (nothing wrong there).

Police were hoping to speak to drivers who were in Aireys Inlet between 10pm Saturday, September 30, and 10pm Sunday, October 1, who may have dash cam footage of the surrounding area.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...ffdeb9e0ae2904

There's something strange with all this.

Investigators have told how a neighbouring Aireys Inlet couple spoke to Ms Curry at her house as she was going to bed about 10pm Saturday.

After the couple left the woman returned to speak to Ms Curry over a “personal matter” that officers would not divulge, police said.
“The neighbour and her husband were over there, then they left and then the wife came back and spoke to her,” Insp Peter Seel said.
Police said they were “looking into why she returned” and said the woman had made a formal statement.
“But I’m not going to go into that at the moment,” Insp Seel said.
The emergence of the mysterious conversation came as police and bush rescue brought in the area of their search for Ms Curry to the immediate area surrounding her holiday home.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...e/news-story/71c5103d1c95652065d7173cb7b5b467

'Made a formal statement', I also recall reading that the woman was cautioned when she made her statement.

Now why would a neighbour need to make a formal statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste