Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: dog, I think photos people saw where it looked distressed/media depiction of "distressed" dog are because dog is a nervous type and its' house was filled with strange people.

Hello, I've been reading along with interest .... thought I might as well join in :) I, like many have been changing my mind as to what may have happened. Initially thought the hubby may have been involved, but he is a obviously a smart guy and would not drive there and back knowing that a camera for sure would capture his car .... too intelligent for that .... so would have to be a hitman if this was the case.

I keep thinking that it is strange that the female neighbour returned .... Insp S. told us all that she was in good spirits ... so why suspect suicide and why such a big search if they suspected this ... perhaps she thought something was going on with her EC and her husband? But if foul play something would be found at scene.

My other thought is, EC went to another male friends house in AI and somethings gone wrong there ... the body has been hidden at the house .... didn't know what to do with the dog so kept it inside and then released it ...

I also think that the inheritance line of inquiry is definitely worth considering ... I would say they (EC and Hubby) are probably both from wealthy families to begin with, which would explain their assets and lifestyles ... I don't think money is a problem for them if EC did not work .... many people in these circles come from money. But perhaps the sibling is estranged due to addiction issues, and desperately wants the money, but it was left to EC the devoted daughter....IMOO

LE might be working backwards to prove Elisa didn't go for a run. Many bike riders & joggers wear GoPros.

IMO they could be narrowing down the time she went missing and how she went missing.

Police were hoping to speak to drivers who were in Aireys Inlet between 10pm Saturday, September 30, and 10pm Sunday, October 1, who may have dash cam footage of the surrounding area.
They were also looking to speak to anyone exercising in the Lorne and Urquarts Bluff areas between sunrise and 11am on that Sunday.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...y/news-story/54694df25655af0a51ffdeb9e0ae2904

Up to 10pm Sunday.

That intrigues me.

She leaves everything behind. Everything. Children. Young and vulnerable. A husband. This home. Another home. her life. her friends, her family, her money, her life insurance, her plans, her obligations, her routine, her perspectives, her hopes, her dreams, her future. her car. her clothes. her shoes. her notebooks. She leaves her dog. ....

but she doesn't leave her mobile phone. yet it's turned off. So.. the premise is the only thing she couldn't let go of and took with her, to her final resting place was her phone.

what's wrong with that picture?

A seemingly close friend of hers has posted on FB <modsnip>

Not sure......

The police have stated it was turned off. If they didn't know this then I imagine they would have included 'or gone flat'.

How they could tell is beyond me though.....

it is possible for gov agencies ( police, ASIO, Defence ) with lawful permission to tell if a phone is on or if the battery is flat, and is done on a regular basis. Done without the phone, it can be done on the number allocated to the phone. It has to do with the signal to the towers, the triangulation of the signal ( that is, two towers, and the phone number , revealing the point inbetween the two towers where , theoretically, the phone itself should be ) and the point at which the GPS capacity , not from the towers, but from the actual phone in question , fails to signal, that is, to ping the tower and to be pinged back. Turning off one's phone doesn't turn off the GPS pinger.

it is possible for gov agencies ( police, ASIO, Defence ) with lawful permission to tell if a phone is on or if the battery is flat, and is done on a regular basis. Done without the phone, it can be done on the number allocated to the phone. It has to do with the signal to the towers, the triangulation of the signal and the point at which the GPS capacity , not from the towers, but from the actual phone in question , fails to signal, that is, to ping the tower and to be pinged back. Turning off one's phone doesn't turn off the GPS pinger.

That's interesting. So if the phone was switched off and the GPS was still pinging what would cause it to then stop pinging at 10.30. Being destroyed...?

that's why it is so interesting to me, also, Ink... . the GPS pings for a long long time, and it takes a lot to destroy it, underwater does it, but not every time, there have been events where even that didn't stop the GPS ping. .. there are apps that can boot the battery up again remotely, I don't know enough about them, mainly because they are the preserve , generally speaking, of security orgs, and the like.

And I don't know if the GPS stopped pinging at 10.3o... the only thing they say is, the phone was switched off. .. And that is only one half of a cell phone shutting down completely. Turning it off is the usual and common way.. . partly destroying it, another way, and removing the sim card, which is the final way. Without the sim card, the towers don't get a GPS ping from the location of the phone, nor , going backwards, from the allocated number of a phone. It's just a random signal, anonymous, so to speak, and the ping back goes into the ether randomly , too..

it is possible for gov agencies ( police, ASIO, Defence ) with lawful permission to tell if a phone is on or if the battery is flat, and is done on a regular basis. Done without the phone, it can be done on the number allocated to the phone. It has to do with the signal to the towers, the triangulation of the signal ( that is, two towers, and the phone number , revealing the point inbetween the two towers where , theoretically, the phone itself should be ) and the point at which the GPS capacity , not from the towers, but from the actual phone in question , fails to signal, that is, to ping the tower and to be pinged back. Turning off one's phone doesn't turn off the GPS pinger.

Do you know whether this can be done retrospectively? You seem to be saying agencies can check whether a phone is on/off/flat by sending a signal to its number, but establishing that the phone was off on say Sunday wouldn't in itself tell that the phone had been switched off at a particular time on Saturday.

some one right up to speed on cell phone techno stuff would be worth their weight in gold , around about now... . .. I know bits and pieces, but hardly anything worth a damn in so far as detecting missing phones, except I do know that there are powerful tools able to do it, more than the usual stuff the average user has access to.

I also think that the inheritance line of inquiry is definitely worth considering ... I would say they (EC and Hubby) are probably both from wealthy families to begin with, which would explain their assets and lifestyles ... I don't think money is a problem for them if EC did not work .... many people in these circles come from money. But perhaps the sibling is estranged due to addiction issues, and desperately wants the money, but it was left to EC the devoted daughter....IMOO
Welcome black cat, the above scenario has occurred to me too.

some one right up to speed on cell phone techno stuff would be worth their weight in gold , around about now... . .. I know bits and pieces, but hardly anything worth a damn in so far as detecting missing phones, except I do know that there are powerful tools able to do it, more than the usual stuff the average user has access to.

That would be very handy.

Anyone know of any WS Members not on this thread that could be invited over to answer our questions.....?

What about mobile phones which have the GPS (as well as data etc) turned off in the phone itself, be the phone a more modern iphone or android style or one of the older styles (dumb phones)...?

I just realised I have a friend that has worked for a mobile phone company for over 20 years. I'll ask him!

Do you know whether this can be done retrospectively? You seem to be saying agencies can check whether a phone is on/off/flat by sending a signal to its number, but establishing that the phone was off on say Sunday wouldn't in itself tell that the phone had been switched off at a particular time on Saturday.

morning, JLZ. . That is precisely on the button. .

Turning a phone off, .. GPS pings for hours... it depends on time, and signal capacity, to a very great degree..signal capacity of the tower, that is. . this phone is missing in a not very strong signal area, with a narrow band of reception, that's my understanding of the area. ..

Battery goes flat, GPS fades, BUT..BUT the echo of the ping remains, that is , the footprint of the phone, it's number and it's previous ping TO the tower, is there , at the tower, and it stays there at the tower for months... the tower CONTINUES to ping to that phone, on the strength of the echo. The phone doesn't pick up this signal , but a record remains at the tower.

let's take it apart, the story so far, .in regard to the phone.

police say. the phone was turned off around 10.30pm.. ( apparently she sent a text to Mr C then ) ..

He, we assume, tried ringing her early Sunday morning, before leaving Surrey Hills, perhaps, which makes sense. and in a way makes no sense if he didn't . .. he got to Aireys around 9am Sunday.

which makes the phone 'turned off' from 10.30pm to ( and I stretch the time here to say when he got to around Geelong, he has 3 kids in the car, toilet break ) .. say, 8am, generously. . that's 9 1/2 hours. . with the phone .' turned off '

now.. say.. the battery goes flat. . it would be odd if it went flat at 10.30pm, but lets say it did.. that's 9 1/2 hours with a 'flat battery'..

the GPS would ping for that long to her phone number, certainly.. that it got no signal back would be registered, and in time the thing would drop. Say, the phone was shifted,.. and it picked up signal from another tower, then that first tower would drop out of the game, and the current tower would take over.

Wow! I am finding all this discussion of mobile technology very interesting. Can someone point me to the literature that explains that the GPS on a smart phone is still active after the phone has been powered down? I did some reading and that suggested if specific spyware has been placed on the phone prior than this would be possible, but unlikely in this case. Obviously the GPS will still work if the phone goes to sleep due to inactivity.

I would love to learn more about this...

What about mobile phones which have the GPS (as well as data etc) turned off in the phone itself, be the phone a more modern iphone or android style or one of the older styles (dumb phones)...?

Blue B.. I don't know a darn thing about old phones, at all. .. I mean, I don't know a hell of a lot about new phones either!!.. there is so much more about them that I don't know, but I do know I don't know what is there, that is, I know that there is stuff on my phone,, on your phone, that I don't know as much about as I probably should..

They also record you.

A while ago I was reading about how someone was talking about something in person to a friend and then she starts getting ads on her phone for what she was discussing.

Low and behold a week later someone was talking to me about olive leaf extract and within a couple of days I all the sudden have ads for olive leaf extract popping up on my phone....

I am not referring to surreptitious spyware put on the phone without the owners knowledge or permission, I am speaking of the usual ordinary run of the mill embedded capacity and program on your cell phone.

Although there is plenty of that.. ( think Simon Gittany and his vile covert tracking of Lisa and her conversations and locations ) . I don't refer to them in this case, as there is no suggestion, AT THIS POINT IN TIME of any thing of the sort going on. Of course, without the phone that would be a hard nut to crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli