Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not referring to surreptitious spyware put on the phone without the owners knowledge or permission, I am speaking of the usual ordinary run of the mill embedded capacity and program on your cell phone.

Although there is plenty of that.. ( think Simon Gittany and his vile covert tracking of Lisa and her conversations and locations ) . I don't refer to them in this case, as there is no suggestion, AT THIS POINT IN TIIME of any thing of the sort going on. Of course, without the phone that would be a hard nut to crack.

Ask crabstick or richieswan.

I am not even sure I can turn off the GPS on my phone.. It's not a whizbang $8000 tootle, its medium price range, but.. nope.. I cannot find anywhere, that says, turn off GPS if required. It s in there, I know that, and it came with the outfit, and it's pinging away, night and day, here and there, over and over, but if I wanted it off, I don't have a clue how to go about it.

I cant even think as to why I would want it off, on the other hand, I 'm not sure why I want it on, I know where I'm going...... it's just something I haven't given much thought to.

Blue B.. I don't know a darn thing about old phones, at all. .. I mean, I don't know a hell of a lot about new phones either!!.. there is so much more about them that I don't know, but I do know I don't know what is there, that is, I know that there is stuff on my phone,, on your phone, that I don't know as much about as I probably should..
All I know is that there's quite a few things you can turn on or off on a mobile phone...

Network based GPS, satellite based GPS, location as well as location access for apps if you use data, all these can be turned off and deactivated on your phone... Though when you have your phone turned on and make a call or send a message it will ping on the nearest tower...

Just wondering what having all that turned off your mobile as well as data turned off means (for being able to track your phone) when your phone is either turned off or has a flat battery...

All I know is that there's quite a few things you can turn on or off on a mobile phone...

Network based GPS, satellite based GPS, location as well as location access for apps if you use data, all these can be turned off and deactivated on your phone... Though when you have your phone turned on and make a call or send a message it will ping on the nearest tower...

Just wondering what having all that turned off your mobile as well as data turned off means (for being able to track your phone) when your phone is either turned off or has a flat battery...

and that's the bit I don't know. Does one's phone turn these things back on? . however the contact signal business remains .. .. her phone is still 'connected' to the tower, closest within range. That stays connected until the phone relocates in range of another tower, or the sim card is removed. ,

Because, you and I , and Mrs Curry can still call fire, ambulance , triple ooo... police.. .

some one right up to speed on cell phone techno stuff would be worth their weight in gold , around about now... . .. I know bits and pieces, but hardly anything worth a damn in so far as detecting missing phones, except I do know that there are powerful tools able to do it, more than the usual stuff the average user has access to.

I've been thinking that if a phone tech pro were to offer a streamlined seminar, available to the public to learn of this type of thing... then s/he would be able to retire in style.

jmo!

Having recently had to use Find My iPhone via iCloud, I know it tracks you all the time basically(if you have the app switched on). But I believe once the phone loses power or is offline it will just show the last known location. Interesting to hear there is potential to track a phone that is offline.

I am not even sure I can turn off the GPS on my phone.. It's not a whizbang $8000 tootle, its medium price range, but.. nope.. I cannot find anywhere, that says, turn off GPS if required. It s in there, I know that, and it came with the outfit, and it's pinging away, night and day, here and there, over and over, but if I wanted it off, I don't have a clue how to go about it.

I cant even think as to why I would want it off, on the other hand, I 'm not sure why I want it on, I know where I'm going...... it's just something I haven't given much thought to.

Mine is an Android and it's under Location Services but it takes a bit to find it through all the junk mobiles have.... I just had a look and you can turn it off on an iphone too under Privacy or something like that...

Like I said, if your phone is turned on it will still ping to the closest tower, but when GPS is turned off on the phone location and then the phone itself is turned off, is what I'm interested in...

If I can turn it off I turn it off or deactivate it... no real reason why - it's just something I do....

and that's the bit I don't know. Does one's phone turn these things back on? . however the contact signal business remains .. .. her phone is still 'connected' to the tower, closest within range. That stays connected until the phone relocates in range of another tower, or the sim card is removed. ,

Because, you and I , and Mrs Curry can still call fire, ambulance , triple ooo... police.. .

Police say they have been unable to track Mrs Curry’s phone via telecommunications towers.

Her iPhone last “pinged” at her holiday house on Saturday night and has not been detectable since.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

So was the sim card removed?

Really?

Out of:
Being kidnapped by aliens,
Kidnapped for ransom,
Running in the dark, tripping and accidentally falling over a cliff,
Disappearing with a lover,
or
Suicide.

Pretty sure we ARE all assuming the last option.

I'm not. Still think her husband or neighbours might be involved. Imo

Deleted my last post. It was incorrect. These are the correct mobile tower locations:

https://oztowers.com.au/Home/Query

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3748466D-D66A-4F02-85C2-6EFCC0F151BC.jpg
    3748466D-D66A-4F02-85C2-6EFCC0F151BC.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 174
  • A3C731F2-D6FC-4F2D-BA44-3F57782950F3.jpeg
    A3C731F2-D6FC-4F2D-BA44-3F57782950F3.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 179
and that's ok, too, so long as she and her husband pay for the search. She can take as much time out as needed. But she cant take time out while 1/2 the police force , SES, Army, Coast Guard, public minded people, the Luton Girls Choir and all are giving up their long weekend and putting their lives at risk, to bash thru the bush , head down, backside up looking for her.

There is no law that states a person can be held responsible if they choose to take time out.

In regard to these long runs.
Do you leave three children aged under 12 years at home while you take off on an hour, a couple of hour run?
I can understand that you could / would do that when the kids were at school or hubby was at home.
Was hubby at home in the days leading up to her disappearing (school holidays) or was he still required to be at the office in the city?

Is this the same “eye closed” while talking neighbour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She doesn't have her eyes totally closed. There are certain eye diseases that cause people's eyes to look as they are closed but in fact they are still slightly open.

She leaves everything behind. Everything. Children. Young and vulnerable. A husband. This home. Another home. her life. her friends, her family, her money, her life insurance, her plans, her obligations, her routine, her perspectives, her hopes, her dreams, her future. her car. her clothes. her shoes. her notebooks. She leaves her dog. ....

but she doesn't leave her mobile phone. yet it's turned off. So.. the premise is the only thing she couldn't let go of and took with her, to her final resting place was her phone.

what's wrong with that picture?

Can we be certain the phone is turned off and not damaged in someway or even succumbed to a flat battery.

or a simple reason elisas phone is untraceable is because its at the bottom of the ocean?

that's why it is so interesting to me, Moalso, Ink... . the GPS pings for a long long time, and it takes a lot to destroy it, underwater does it, but not every time, there have been events where even that didn't stop the GPS ping. .. there are apps that can boot the battery up again remotely, I don't know enough about them, mainly because they are the preserve , generally speaking, of security orgs, and the like.

And I don't know if the GPS stopped pinging at 10.3o... the only thing they say is, the phone was switched off. .. And that is only one half of a cell phone shutting down completely. Turning it off is the usual and common way.. . partly destroying it, another way, and removing the sim card, which is the final way. Without the sim card, the towers don't get a GPS ping from the location of the phone, nor , going backwards, from the allocated number of a phone. It's just a random signal, anonymous, so to speak, and the ping back goes into the ether randomly , too..[/QUOT
https://itstillworks.com/disable-cell-phones-gps-tracking-system-3490.html

I recall means I read it, I'm sure it was mentioned days ago

My recollection is that a websleuther said - upon readkng the neighbour had given a formal statement- something along the lines of "formal statement, that means she was read her rights" back in thread 1. I don't know whether that statement was correct or not and I remember thinking "must google what is a formal statement to police" but I never did. It may be that Websleuther comme t you are recalling? In all my reading on this case (like the obsessive nutter that I am :D) I haven't heard the police say the neighbour was cautioned or read her rights. Sorry to nitpick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14