Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Images in the Geelong Advertiser article I read were censored with pixelation in two spots- this tells me that there were remains in both spots on the beach (and it looked to be able 5-10m or more apart).

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Or is the pixelation in the spot near the police to conceal the pink and white objects(towels?) that you can see in the other pictures?
The article is here.

A 2002 study in the journal Legal Medicine examined nine bodies that had drifted hundreds of kilometers in cold waters off the coast of Portugal and Spain. Bodies recovered in the first week were in good condition, but the beginning signs of decomposition were present on a body recovered after eight days. The two bodies recovered after 20 days were highly decomposed and could only be identified through DNA analysis or dental records.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/how-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10/

it may only be a small amount of human remains or bones washed ashore, not even a skeleton if eaten by sharks, there were only remains found, maybe with some female clothing so its identified as female, also feel sorry for the person who found her
Yes, imagine seeing that on your trip to the beach. So sad.

One of the items looks like am ambulance/hospital blanket or towel. The other may have been the towel of the swimmer who found the body.

I would really like to know which area they were re - searching after information recieved from the caravan...

omg!

RIP Elisa Curry.

this is so sad :(

her poor children (& possibly hubby for all i know)

i hope they can find exactly what happened to her...

Cold water also encourages the formation of adipocere. This is a waxy, soapy substance formed from the fat in the body that partially protects the body against decomposition. Bodies have been retrieved almost completely intact from waters below 7°C after several weeks, and as recognisable skeletons after five years.

In tropical waters such as the Arabian sea, it’s a different story. Even a weighted body will normally float to the surface after three or four days, exposing it to sea birds and buffeting from the waves. Putrefaction and scavenging creatures will dismember the corpse in a week or two and the bones will sink to the seabed. There they may be slowly buried by marine silt or broken down further over months or years, depending on the acidity of the water.

water temp around Anglesea, Airey s, , was about 14 Celcius this last week, , quite warm unusually so for October.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/how-long-does-it-take-body-decompose-sea

Cold water also encourages the formation of adipocere. This is a waxy, soapy substance formed from the fat in the body that partially protects the body against decomposition. Bodies have been retrieved almost completely intact from waters below 7°C after several weeks, and as recognisable skeletons after five years.

In tropical waters such as the Arabian sea, it’s a different story. Even a weighted body will normally float to the surface after three or four days, exposing it to sea birds and buffeting from the waves. Putrefaction and scavenging creatures will dismember the corpse in a week or two and the bones will sink to the seabed. There they may be slowly buried by marine silt or broken down further over months or years, depending on the acidity of the water.

water temp around Anglesea, Airey s, , was about 14 Celcius this last week, , quite warm unusually so for October.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/how-long-does-it-take-body-decompose-sea

You learn something new everyday :thinking:

Are 'human remains' and "body" normally used interchangeably? I have seen this described as both in MSM reports.

What would be the chances of separate body parts washing up on the same beach so close to each other after 10 days?

I agree with all this, except that there was a mention some time back that the dog sometimes got out of the yard (sorry I don't have the link right now). Or the gate may have been accidentally left open. But I agree the dog is important, if not the only witness...

So some options:
1. Dog gets out of yard coincidentally the same time Elisa goes missing (possibly when the neighbour went to see her Sat night? Didn't shut the gate properly?)
2. She takes dog with her for a wander and decides to end her life, dog left behind to wander streets
3. She goes running, has a fall off the cliffs and the dog is left to wander the streets
4. Dog is let out by husband to go with his "she went for a run" story (assuming he is involved)

After discussing with people who run, the fitbit not being used rules that story out for me (at this stage).

And would you take a phone AND dog to commit suicide??

Still so many questions!

So some options:

That part doesn't make sense does it? Unless she either made a spur of minute decision to end her life and wasn't planning to when she set out, or she had an accident while going for a run.
You would think if she had planned to end her life, she would make sure the dog was looked after and safe at home, knowing her husband would be home to care for it at 9am the next morning.

So some options:
1. Dog gets out of yard coincidentally the same time Elisa goes missing (possibly when the neighbour went to see her Sat night? Didn't shut the gate properly?)
2. She takes dog with her for a wander and decides to end her life, dog left behind to wander streets
3. She goes running, has a fall off the cliffs and the dog is left to wander the streets
4. Dog is let out by husband to go with his "she went for a run" story (assuming he is involved)

After discussing with people who run, the fitbit not being used rules that story out for me (at this stage).

Still so many questions!
OR dog gets out because neighbour left gate open, Elisa notices dog missing, goes looking for dog at night and falls over cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14