Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That part doesn't make sense does it? Unless she either made a spur of minute decision to end her life and wasn't planning to when she set out, or she had an accident while going for a run.
You would think if she had planned to end her life, she would make sure the dog was looked after and safe at home, knowing her husband would be home to care for it at 9am the next morning.

I don't really think people always are thinking well or rationally when committing suicide - to think about the dog etc.
She may have wanted her phone to disappear with her.
Alternatively dogs have a 'sixth sense', it may have escaped to find her? It was known to get out wasn't it? It may have freaked out having no-one at home and disappeared.

Let’s not forget the other 11 missing people from the area. However, they have splashed EC’s name and photo all through the articles about human remains.

After almost 2 weeks in the elements, either in or out of the water, there would be considerable decomposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe her dog was her only comfort in her final hour/s? if suicide, i'd def take my phone. too mush private info on it to leave it behind for prying eyes. or, she was pushed into the water late at night by someone who also left the gate open... Not too hard to stage a drowning, remove the clothes and place them somewhere. not so simple either. I hope they find out what happened to her :(

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...where-missing-mother-elisa-curry-went-missing

A dog walker has found what police suspect to be human remains on Victoria's surf coast this morning, but investigators have said it's too early to make a link to missing Melbourne mum Elisa Curry.

The remains were found by a woman who was walking her dog near the town of Anglesea on Wednesday, according to Victoria Police.

The woman contacted police about 11.30am who went to investigate further.

A pathologist is now working to identify the person and cause of death.

Police have declined to confirm the gender or what exactly was found by the woman.

Are 'human remains' and "body" normally used interchangeably? I have seen this described as both in MSM reports.

By the press, yes. I follow unidentified deceased cases on here and the way different news sources describe it when someone is found varies greatly. The police are usually more exact in their words but only if they are trying to identify the person and requesting help OR if a crime has been committed. If the person is quickly identified and there is no foul play the police will normally be more careful in their words, out of respect for the loved ones they have just had to inform. JMO.

I hope Elisa's case has a resolution soon and her family gets closure.

Let’s not forget the other 11 missing people from the area. However, they have splashed EC’s name and photo all through the articles about human remains.

After almost 2 weeks in the elements, either in or out of the water, there would be considerable decomposition.

I don't think 11 people were missing from Airey's inlet..... or even on the coast... the coast of Victoria is 2,512 kilometres long..

ARE 11 people missing from the Surf Coast?.. who knew??

I don't think 11 people were missing from Airey's inlet..... or even on the coast... the coast of Victoria is 2,512 kilometres long..

ARE 11 people missing from the Surf Coast?.. who knew??

I don't think they are...I think that was from across Victoria in the same week Elisa disappeared.

I don't think they are...I think that was from across Victoria in the same week Elissa disappeared.

Thanks for that! This reminds me so much of the attention that the Baden-Clay received. Family living in affluent area, 3 children, Mum disappears. What’s missing is the bumbling scratched husband.

By the press, yes. I follow unidentified deceased cases on here and the way different news sources describe it when someone is found varies greatly. The police are usually more exact in their words but only if they are trying to identify the person and requesting help OR if a crime has been committed. If the person is quickly identified and there is no foul play the police will normally be more careful in their words, out of respect for the loved ones they have just had to inform. JMO.

I hope Elisa's case has a resolution soon and her family gets closure.

As a journalist in Victoria, I actually think the use of "remains" is important. Linguistically it indicates the remaining parts of a body, as opposed to a fresh body. It tells the reader more than "body" in my opinion because there's an insinuation the material found has been dead for a period of time. Or that a whole body has not been found. Which lines up with the pictures which have two witches hats on the beach (I am of course assuming here those indicators represent the locations of two separate body parts).

Knowing the producers who work behind the scenes at Channel 9 (what I am basing this on) I think they would definitely use "remains" if heavily decomposed, and "body" if there was an intact human. They are really pedantic about scripting and language use.

As a journalist in Victoria, I actually think the use of "remains" is important. Linguistically it indicates the remaining parts of a body, as opposed to a fresh body. It tells the reader more than "body" in my opinion because there's an insinuation the material found has been dead for a period of time. Or that a whole body has not been found. Which lines up with the pictures which have two witches hats on the beach (I am of course assuming here those indicators represent the locations of two separate body parts).

Knowing the producers who work behind the scenes at Channel 9 (what I am basing this on) I think they would definitely use "remains" if heavily decomposed, and "body" if there was an intact human. They are really pedantic about scripting and language use.

That's great insight!

With exception of the daily mail, who always seem to get it wrong !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase