Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Great Ocean Road Marathon 2016[/h]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D83pZUQoySU

Can anyone see Elisa in this 28:00 min vid?

Maybe at the 21:01 ????

View attachment 124263

That is half-marathon runner with initials LZ...

(I think EC is a bit more slim.)
I don't have time to watch the video, but look for
bib #686, which is (E)Lisa Curry.

I found this:
http://m.racetecresults.com/Search.aspx?R=2281

ETA: http://greatoceanroadrunfest.com.au/past-results/
for desktop option...

Question:

Everyone seems to assume the kids were at private school, do we know this for sure? I know she wrote a letter about private schools, but to me that came across as poking fun at people who sent their kids to private school. I live close to Surrey Hills and most people in this area use public schools.

I might add, there a many private schools in this area, however the public schools are so very good that most families use them until their kids are ready for secondary school.

Excellent thought!
Let's check the photos in front of the AI house...
are any of the cars actually "European"?

I think someone was saying in the last thread that her letters to the newspapers shouldn't be looked into or regarded too much. I disagree. From the first time reading the one about addiction, before that leaked poster became public, I thought that this was something that had personally affected her life. Obviously some of them have clearly been in jest but I do think they provide insight into her life and what's been going through her head.

Some of her other letters...
  • Responding to a column about an academic who had maintained a successful career whilst being addicted to heroin.
    "His family's ultimate acceptance of his drug use was no doubt an important part of enabling his recovery. I think it is equally important to stop using such terminology as "beating" or "winning the battle" against drugs. Such vocabulary carries with it great stigma, making addicts feel like they are failures, and creating the perception among families and friends that their loved one is simply not trying hard enough."

• When Carrie Fisher passed...
    "Carrie Fisher used her genius wit and personal experience to de-stigmatise addiction. Please use the sadness and mourning of her passing to extend empathy and understanding to all those who are impacted by addiction and mental illness in our communities. Carrie would have wanted that. Thank you, Carrie, for your honesty and self-deprecating humour which helped so many people."

These letters and the ones quoted in the article above are very telling IMO. She loves her kids and staying home with them but often feels like she does everything on her own as husband is working long hours, possibly has his own health problems. She is also well aware of possible money problems in the event of a divorce for a stay at home mum.

And then there's the ongoing emphasis on how addicts have a hard time being understood and/or accepted, publicly and within families. Could be her, could be people close to her. But I just feel like she writes about things close to her heart and life, not just random thoughts plucked from the air. Paints a very sad picture, IMO. :(

FWIW, I think this woman wrote letters to the editor about everything under the sun. If you wanted to find a letter about space aliens, you probably could, but that would lend no credibility to the theory that she was abducted by aliens.

The choices people make I guess.

If they were under financial stress then sell a house.....

The more people earn the more people have to have.

Bloody insanity if you ask me.

Financial stress to me is working out what you are going to cook for dinner with the coins in your purse and wondering if the fuel in your tank is going to get you home.

For some people it's the stress of losing your 1 home due to not being able to make repayments due to illness or being put off from work.

I don't begrudge anyone's lifestyle if they can afford it but nothing makes my stomach turn more when people own multiple houses regardless of whether they have mortgages then identify as being under financial stress.
(bbm)

Dang Good post, ink! Every single bit of it.
Sensible, and poignant. Bravo :clap:

Sorry jumping of myself I was searching for when mother passed ? But posted :/ anyway could the inheritance dispute of sorts be over one of the houses ? South Aus has me thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mum passed mid 2015, the Airey's Inlet house was purchased 29/12/15 for 910,000.

Excellent thought!
Let's check the photos in front of the AI house...
are any of the cars actually "European"?

attachment.php

Tiny picture, but bigger one can be found at this link. Looks like a white subaru on the right.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/37374524/police-say-its-unlikely-elisa-curry-will-be-found-alive/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...s-as-police-shift-search-20171004-gyujoz.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 3.31.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 3.31.12 pm.png
    583.1 KB · Views: 222
FWIW, I think this woman wrote letters to the editor about everything under the sun. If you wanted to find a letter about space aliens, you probably could, but that would lend no credibility to the theory that she was abducted by aliens.

So you think her letters that have been reported in MSM recently, aren't her personal feelings and don't relate to anything in her life? I'm not saying they give clues as to who/what/when/why in regards to her disappearance (they could though, obviously I've got no idea). I'm saying that they seem too personal for them to be dismissed as nothing and not in anyway related to her thoughts, feelings and life. IMO, MOO, IMHO

He has the look of a man that is carrying a lot of stress, which just got 10 times worse. I think they have stressed themselves out trying to 'live the life' and it's taken a toll on both of them.

Cars.jpg

The suv at the back is a Ford Territory with NOBENZ plates
The dark grey car is a Mazda

Check out this article, DC has a super stressful job. Imagine if you were the only money earner in the house, and you earned a lot, but not quite enough (for the life they wanted). And you wife is also prone to depression. I really get the feeling he had nothing to do with this. And now he's just lost the person who takes care of his kids - his workload just tripled. I'd be surprised if the man doesn't collapse this week.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/4454093/gambling-inquiry-day-two-wrap/

So you think her letters that have been reported in MSM recently, aren't her personal feelings and don't relate to anything in her life? I'm not saying they give clues as to who/what/when/why in regards to her disappearance (they could though, obviously I've got no idea). I'm saying that they seem too personal for them to be dismissed as nothing and not in anyway related to her thoughts, feelings and life. IMO, MOO, IMHO

from what I got , for what's it's worth out of her writing stuff, it was a determination to swing in for the underdog be it drug addicts, transgender people, ( no shout out's for boat people, I noticed, or Aboriginal men and women ) .and so on.. poor stay at home mums and all that, casting herself as one of them..... . and it seemed to me that from the lofty financial position she inhabited , the 1 percenters, she was merely being argumentative and 'opposite'. .. writing left wing stuff to right wing papers, and right wing stuff to left wing blogs.. just for the sake of the rumble.

Maybe they were both enchanted with gambling. Certainly, other peoples addiction paid for all their good stuff. . . year in, year out.. Maybe one gambled once too often...

That was an interesting detail about the timing of Elisa's mother's death and the purchase of the holiday house.

Bought with inheritance maybe? Combined with the words about waves in her mother's obituary, is this town and house her link to her mother, the place Elisa escapes to, to find peace?

And the house is on the market. Why? Marriage troubles? A legal claim on the inheritance money? Is the thought of having to leave this place too much to bear?

View attachment 124271

The suv at the back is a Ford Territory with NOBENZ plates
The dark grey car is a Mazda

Thanks TGO and PiT!
I know some of the cars would be visitor's cars, but wasn't Elisa's car there? (At least in the beginning.) And that NOBENZ plate is very interesting. Good catch!
I think thegreatoudoors just may be right about Elisa's cynical post...
maybe she wasn't poking fun at her own lifestyle afterall.

Perhaps?

Yes I agree. I don't think you would even need to throw yourself off a cliff either. Just wander into the ocean and let it take you. So sad if this is the case .
I really hate to ask the question if that was the case I wonder if the body would wash ashore at some time?

I remember the Laci Peterson case whereby her body and baby in utero washed ashore some 5 months later.

The mum passed mid 2015, the Airey's Inlet house was purchased 29/12/15 for 910,000.

Thanks I wonder whether it was a transfer of ownership to the daughters ? Not sure if it would appear as a sale on sites. The ocean comments it the obit posted earlier have me curious. And the fact some have mentioned it's the other home for sale
Just thinking of state of stress not reasons

I really hate to ask the question if that was the case I wonder if the body would wash ashore at some time?

I remember the Laci Peterson case whereby her body and baby in utero washed ashore some 5 months later.
Possibly not, so many cases of people never being recovered after being swept out to sea. Missing fisherman, swimmers and the like.

Question:

Everyone seems to assume the kids were at private school, do we know this for sure? I know she wrote a letter about private schools, but to me that came across as poking fun at people who sent their kids to private school. I live close to Surrey Hills and most people in this area use public schools.

I might add, there a many private schools in this area, however the public schools are so very good that most families use them until their kids are ready for secondary school.

I do get what you're saying and I do agree the letter to the editor named "bragging rights" was firmly tongue in cheek.

Bragging rights

As a mother of three children at private primary schools, I take offence to your article questioning whether such schools are a waste of money (The Age, 14/7). Among the many benefits I have experienced are my daughters looking simply elegant in their wool blazers, being able to proudly display the private school sticker on the back of my European luxury car, and of course telling everyone who asks (and even those who do not) where my children go to school.

Elisa Curry, Surrey Hills

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the...14-gibqro.html

However this letter below was also published which seems to confirm that the fact that her children were in private school was real, and not just part of the jest of the above:

Cut out the glitz

I send my three children to a private school and would much prefer to see more funds directed to human rather than physical capital. If you want the glitz of a five-star hotel, book one for the holidays. You still get a decent night's sleep at a 3½-star hotel, as long as the service is good.

Elisa Curry, Surrey Hills

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the...426-37axe.html

Thanks I wonder whether it was a transfer of ownership to the daughters ? Not sure if it would appear as a sale on sites. The ocean comments it the obit posted earlier have me curious. And the fact some have mentioned it's the other home for sale
Just thinking of state of stress not reasons

Sorry I’m lazy and I could troll these posts but if you can provide the address again.. I might have a way of answering this question..

The Surrey Hills house listing indicates that it sold in November 2010 for 1.825 million.

It may have. But also:

16 Aireys Street
Aireys Inlet, Vic 3231
3bedrooms 3bathrooms 2parking spaces
$910,000
House, Sold on 29 Dec 2015

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-aireys+inlet-120896621

(Nov 2010 wasn't listed in this history) However:

Property history for 16 Aireys Street

Sold
$910,000 SOLD Dec 2015
Great Ocean Properties - Aireys Inlet
-
$17,500 SOLD Jun 1984
-
N/A SOLD Apr 1983
https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...4ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#history

...it may not have the entire history, though.

btw 1984 $17,500
to... 2015 $910,000
Wowwie.

Sorry I’m lazy and I could troll these posts but if you can provide the address again.. I might have a way of answering this question..

Thank you Verdigris has just put it all in next post
Oops above post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics