Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I would not be surprised if there was a suicide note or something else that highly indicated she took her own life. Maybe missing medication? Or a missing kitchen knife? I just have a feeling police are just looking for a body to confirm what they already know

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. If she chose to end her life, doing it on this day is a bit like choosing to do it on Christmas. It's a happy, family day.
There is just no new coverage in this case in the news, it's all so strange to me.

yes... Xmas Day... Mothers Day... even Fathers Day..... I am only speculating... I honestly don't know the mechanics of how this is done... choosing a day, the day choosing you, how to do it, when to do it, one method over another, one time as opposed to another time, and whether any of this has any significance whatsoever, it may very well not be a factor at all. Maybe all of it is random with no engagement of the thought process along this trail at all.

it just struck me, that it was a Significant Day. ( I'm from Sydney, a cricket fan, not football, but the last day of an Ashes Test would be highly highly significant to me, and just about everyone I know ) ..

For her family, her husband, even her neighbors who gathered together to engage in a social tribal event, the arrangements for getting together, in the subconscious tribal way, complete with costume and artifacts determining factions and loyalties would have been discussed and resolved quite a bit, the team components, the odds for and against, the astounding revival of Richmond Club.. all this stuff, that is a background to daily life leading up to the day.... She would be aware of this... everyone would be, not just Elisa, ...

and to return to my theme of the day being chosen for effect, that goes just as well as for her killer, should that turn out to be the case.. Farquarson wanted his wife to always be deeply bereft and deserted on this day for the rest of her life.. a revenge outcome.... so. I just wondered....

BBM

I tend to agree. If she chose to end her life, doing it on this day is a bit like choosing to do it on Christmas. It's a happy, family day.
There is just no new coverage in this case in the news, it's all so strange to me.

Yes, the news coverage has died down so quickly. The Herald Sun is still running the same report today that was published on Friday. A single line on the main page "'Very remote hope' for missing mum" in which it says police have conceded it's unlikely she will be found alive.

At least they are continuing the search though:

Bush Search and Rescue volunteers will continue to scour areas surrounding Aireys Inlet in coming days, with police divers and rope teams also expected to search the water and cliff areas in coming weeks as weather permits.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/scaleddown-search-for-missing-surrey-hills-mum-elisa-curry/news-story/fac6ee1b34088065d24a7a02bab138c9

My Dad committed suicide. It didn't take any special day for him to do this. He just couldn't cope anymore with our Mum's mental illness.

My brothers were members of a Rifle Club. Their gun case was in their bedroom. Dad threw the 303 rifle out the bedroom window, unbeknown to any of us. He walked out the front door of the house without us even noticing, picked up the rifle from outside the bedroom window, walked around the side of the house and shot himself in the head with the 303 rifle.

My brother arrived home just after dark and as he drove into the garage, he was the unfortunate one to find Dad's splattered body. It was so horrific that a few days later he suffered an epileptic fit at work and was admitted to hospital for brain scans etc.

It is hardest for the loved ones left behind. I'm beginning to think that Elisa may have committed suicide and with all that bushland, cliffs and the ocean, her body may never be found.

Many people find the approach of Christmas and "happy, family days" stressful because they don't feel themselves to be part of a happy family. So choosing such a day to suicide might be the result of peak loneliness, not revenge. Elisa may have felt very lonely.

yes... Xmas Day... Mothers Day... even Fathers Day..... I am only speculating... I honestly don't know the mechanics of how this is done... choosing a day, the day choosing you, how to do it, when to do it, one method over another, one time as opposed to another time, and whether any of this has any significance whatsoever, it may very well not be a factor at all. Maybe all of it is random with no engagement of the thought process along this trail at all.

it just struck me, that it was a Significant Day. ( I'm from Sydney, a cricket fan, not football, but the last day of an Ashes Test would be highly highly significant to me, and just about everyone I know ) ..

For her family, her husband, even her neighbors who gathered together to engage in a social tribal event, the arrangements for getting together, in the subconscious tribal way, complete with costume and artifacts determining factions and loyalties would have been discussed and resolved quite a bit, the team components, the odds for and against, the astounding revival of Richmond Club.. all this stuff, that is a background to daily life leading up to the day.... She would be aware of this... everyone would be, not just Elisa, ...

and to return to my theme of the day being chosen for effect, that goes just as well as for her killer, should that turn out to be the case.. Farquarson wanted his wife to always be deeply bereft and deserted on this day for the rest of her life.. a revenge outcome.... so. I just wondered....

If anything, I guess she waited until the GF was over, maybe have been a deliberate (and futile) attempt not to ruin the day for the kids?

The media said that she communicated with her husband about the result. In fact that's the last known topic of communication... there's no way they will be able to detach the two events every year. And because the GF date changes, they end up with two anniversaries every year: the GF day and the night of 30th September/1st October ☹️

Side note: I'm so sorry to those people who have so generously shared that they have lost someone, particularly by their own hand, or have experienced thoughts of their own. This is a tough topic and brings up a lot of stuff - no one should hesitate using lifeline or other resources if finding it overwhelming. [emoji170]

https://www.lifeline.org.au/about-lifeline/contact-us

My Dad committed suicide. It didn't take any special day for him to do this. He just couldn't cope anymore with our Mum's mental illness.

My brothers were members of a Rifle Club. Their gun case was in their bedroom. Dad threw the 303 rifle out the bedroom window, unbeknown to any of us. He walked out the front door of the house without us even noticing, picked up the rifle from outside the bedroom window, walked around the side of the house and shot himself in the head with the 303 rifle.

My brother arrived home just after dark and as he drove into the garage, he was the unfortunate one to find Dad's splattered body. It was so horrific that a few days later he suffered an epileptic fit at work and was admitted to hospital for brain scans etc.

It is hardest for the loved ones left behind. I'm beginning to think that Elisa may have committed suicide and with all that bushland, cliffs and the ocean, her body may never be found.

Oh Tiddles I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine the grief you and your family have suffered xx

Lots of love to you and your family. It is so sad that people get to the point where they just cant cope anymore. I hope her family find out what happened to her.

Suicide is a hard beast to " pigeon hole" everyone is different........

Many people threaten suicide or have suicidal thoughts, but never have a plan & don't act on those thoughts.

Others never talk about their thoughts & sadly often suicide with no one knowing the turmoil that their loved one was enduring.

From experience, the ones who are screaming from the rafters most days that they want to kill themselves, rarely do. ( still have to take there threats seriously, even when they land in our ED multiple times each week :gaah: )

And from my experience, most do not leave a suicide note. Out of all the sucessfull suicides I've seen thru my work , I think I've only read 2 suicide notes...........

Many suicides are impulsive & not premeditated. An example was a guy we had who had an argument with his wife & then promptly went down to the back shed & tried to suicide by chainsaw to the neck.........he had very critical injuries but did survive. He had no mental health history & could not explain his actions........

People suicide all the time, with no clues as to why.

Great example is this foundation http://uhwheretheresawill.com.au/ ( who are doing AMAZING things in educating the community in mental health first aid, from school age kids to grandparents ) after their son suicided on xmas day a few years ago with no warming signs........

It's all so sad :-(

If anything, I guess she waited until the GF was over, maybe have been a deliberate (and futile) attempt not to ruin the day for the kids?

The media said that she communicated with her husband about the result. In fact that's the last known topic of communication... there's no way they will be able to detach the two events every year. And because the GF date changes, they end up with two anniversaries every year: the GF day and the night of 30th September/1st October ☹️

Side note: I'm so sorry to those people who have so generously shared that they have lost someone, particularly by their own hand, or have experienced thoughts of their own. This is a tough topic and brings up a lot of stuff - no one should hesitate using lifeline or other resources if finding it overwhelming. [emoji170]

https://www.lifeline.org.au/about-lifeline/contact-us

Good thing they're Richmond supporters because they won't have to think about grand finals more than once every few decades.

I am thinkin Robert Farquaharson........... murdered his 3 boys on Fathers Day the day was chosen for the effect, according to the transcript of his first and second trial, for which he is a lifer at Barwon prison..

......is there significance to Elisa that it 's Grand Final Day?.... the kids must have been very excited about having tickets , and going with Daddy, to the MCG!. on Grand Final Day!!... I dismiss her as being a despondent Crows fan... that just doesn't scan for me, ... but if, say, if, this is a matter of her ending her own life, .. is the day she picked to do it on have great significance in that it will forever taint her children's (not to mention her husband's ) life in Melbourne forever more?...... was that the purpose? or is the choice of day random and co-incidental to the one day of the year in Melbourne when people go even more bonkers than Melbourne Cup Day....

Yes, she might do that to her husband, but why do that to her kids?
I don't think she'd do that deliberately.
So, if, say, if...
then, it may not have been planned. Maybe she had contemplated the idea of it numerous times in the past, and it finally happened during alcohol-magnified despair.
She may (as has been said) have thought she would be doing them a favour, and the whole GF-link significance flew right over her head.
Maybe she liked departing knowing her kids were very happy, and with their father.
Or, hmm, if it were planned, maybe that's why she didn't want to speak to them first; maybe she knew that if she had spoken with her kids to say goodnight, then she would not have followed through with it.
If "it" happened at all, of course.

idk. I think I've just given myself a headache.

Meanwhile, I'd really like to know what police are holding back.

Well maybe the term 'grand final' took on some symbolic meaning for someone that was feeling suicidal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting thought!
And she is rather fond words, and terminology, isn't she?

Suicide is a hard beast to " pigeon hole" everyone is different........

Many people threaten suicide or have suicidal thoughts, but never have a plan & don't act on those thoughts.

Others never talk about their thoughts & sadly often suicide with no one knowing the turmoil that their loved one was enduring.

From experience, the ones who are screaming from the rafters most days that they want to kill themselves, rarely do. ( still have to take there threats seriously, even when they land in our ED multiple times each week :gaah: )

And from my experience, most do not leave a suicide note. Out of all the sucessfull suicides I've seen thru my work , I think I've only read 2 suicide notes...........

Many suicides are impulsive & not premeditated. An example was a guy we had who had an argument with his wife & then promptly went down to the back shed & tried to suicide by chainsaw to the neck.........he had very critical injuries but did survive. He had no mental health history & could not explain his actions........

People suicide all the time, with no clues as to why.

Great example is this foundation http://uhwheretheresawill.com.au/ ( who are doing AMAZING things in educating the community in mental health first aid, from school age kids to grandparents ) after than son suicided on xmas day a few years ago with no warming signs........

It's all so sad :-(

I had a family member, not immediate family, suicide shortly after talking to me about it. I tried to alert other family members to the risk and they were dismissive, said he'd been talking like that for twenty or thirty years. I don't know what anyone could have done but I wish he had been taken more seriously.

Her being home without her family, why she didn't go to the grand final - is key. They need to understand why this happened. Husband would know why. And has possibly told police.
A few things that arouse my curiosity that I would love to know
Why did EC not go to grand final with family but spend it with friend while final was on ?
Who was this person and how did this interaction occur and what happened that afternoon between the two of them ?
Why did EC text DC around 5:30 to talk about game result ?
What did the EC & the neighbour discuss at 10:00 ?
Why did DC in his media message use the exclusively possessive phrase "I, and my kids, we just want her to come home" for their children ?
Why did he say "if" in his statement "Elisa, if you are out there, can you please contact us" if she is not out there where is she, what is DC thinking ?
The public is definitely not getting full story & I totally understand this but plenty to think about.
Hopefully she has run off and not done the worst.

Good thing they're Richmond supporters because they won't have to think about grand finals more than once every few decades.

passes the 'insensitive :goldcrown: over to JLZ for the week., ..

A few things that arouse my curiosity that I would love to know
Why did EC not go to grand final with family but spend it with friend while final was on ?
Who was this person and how did this interaction occur and what happened that afternoon between the two of them ?
Why did EC text DC around 5:30 to talk about game result ?
What did the EC & the neighbour discuss at 10:00 ?
Why did DC in his media message use the exclusively possessive phrase "I, and my kids, we just want her to come home" for their children ?
Why did he say "if" in his statement "Elisa, if you are out there, can you please contact us" if she is not out there where is she, what is DC thinking ?
The public is definitely not getting full story & I totally understand this but plenty to think about.
Hopefully she has run off and not done the worst.

:wagon:..... excellent points, Twist.....this one -----> Why did he say "if" in his statement "Elisa, if you are out there, can you please contact us" if she is not out there where is she, what is DC thinking ? has had me nagging my dog for days about.. . Why. Mango.. WHY.. IF she is out there.. well.. you know.. it's obvious she cant be seen inside the house.. so...but, he himself seems doubtful that she is out there. I hope they dig up that house and grounds this week. .

:wagon:..... excellent points, Twist.....this one -----> Why did he say "if" in his statement "Elisa, if you are out there, can you please contact us" if she is not out there where is she, what is DC thinking ? has had me nagging my dog for days about.. . Why. Mango.. WHY.. IF she is out there.. well.. you know.. it's obvious she cant be seen inside the house.. so...but, he himself seems doubtful that she is out there. I hope they dig up that house and grounds this week. .
JMO but I think "if you're out there" was just an unfortunate way to word "if you're out there seeing this on a tv somewhere".

I still do not believe that this is suicide. In my view, either a dreadful accident whilst walking on the Sunday morning, or foul play during the night. MOO

More so thinking no foul play involved, but love, disappointment & disillusionment leading to tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier