Australia - father accused of trying to kill family in housefire, 3 of 7 children killed - Lalor Park NSW - July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Neighbour who ran in to burning Lalor Park home to save children calls on community to rally around family​

Mr Hawkins said it was time to support the family as well as the emergency services workers who responded to the scene.

"Just look after each other," he said.

"I hope [the police and firefighters] can rest easy knowing they did the best they physically could."

I could cry for this poor woman and her kids.

Another vile excuse of a man thinking he has the right to take the lives of others :mad::mad: Just kill yourselves you scumbags.

Filicide seems to have 5 motivations as far as I can tell?;

Paranoia - the parent is afraid the kid is going to be harmed horrifically in a way they can't protect them from and it's better to die first to escape the suffering

Narcissism - the parent is planning to die and can't imagine how the kid could possibly survive without them, or ever get over their grief over their death

Possession - if parent can't have custody of the kid no one can

Revenge - parent getting back at other parent or even kid for something inevitably stupid

Control - how dare kid or other parent do something the parent doesn't want

Police will allege Dean Heasman, 28, dragged some of his seven children back into the burning house and stopped emergency services from fighting the flames and saving the kids.

Heasman allegedly held the door closed as his children screamed for help on the inside while police tried to tear the man away from the door, according to the Daily Telegraph.

A hero neighbour, who ran back into the burning house to rescue the children, Jarred Hawkins, allegedly fought off Heasman who wanted to hold them inside the house.

Mr Hawkins told media he panicked when he heard the children yelling.

“I heard a loud pop and sprinted over,” he said.

Mr Hawkins was wary speaking to the media, The Australian reported, and after being described as a hero, he responded by saying he “didn’t do it for that”.

Another neighbour, Damien Dubois, was shocked to awake to the sounds of windows cracking and gathered the children into his yard with a blanket.

Mr Dubois recounted the shocking moment the eldest son came out of the house with his father.

“When he came over, he had burns on both hands and arms,” Mr Dubois said.

He heard the child tell rescuers: “He tried to kill me. I nearly died”.

Dean Heasman, aged 28, a father of seven allegedly began his attack against his own family on Sunday about 1am by lighting a pillow on fire and launching it at his partner, The Daily Telegraph has reported.

A short time later an explosion went off which quickly engulfed the family home.

Experts are currently working to determine the cause of a secondary blast and whether an accelerant was used in what is suspected to be a premeditated attack.

Investigators also do not believe the pillow started the huge blaze, which eventually engulfed the house, and do not have a motive for why Heasman turned on his family.

Police will allege Heasman dragged some of his seven children back into the burning house and stopped emergency services from fighting the flames and saving the kids.

The young father, who was in a 10-year de facto relationship with Stacey Gammage, 29, the mother of his children, had no history of mental illness or domestic violence.

Heasman is currently fighting for life in Westmead Hospital and his condition is understood to have worsened on Monday.

Heasman is expected to be charged with murder if he survives.

Police will allege Heasman dragged some of his seven children back into the burning house and stopped emergency services from fighting the flames and saving the kids.

The young father, who was in a 10-year de facto relationship with Stacey Gammage, 29, the mother of his children, had no history of mental illness or domestic violence.

Heasman is currently fighting for life in Westmead Hospital and his condition is understood to have worsened on Monday.

Heasman is expected to be charged with murder if he survives.
Hoping this scum survives so that he has to face the full repercussions of his actions. More so than just criminally, but living with the guilt of what he has done. He doesn’t deserve to escape into death so soon.
Just imo.

I am skeptical that there was no history/major red flags with this "man." He heard his kids screaming and tried to prevent their rescue. You don't become that cruel overnight. I hope he survives so everyone can confront him and he can face Court. IMO.

It's understood witnesses heard Heasman yelling something along the lines of 'let me die here' as he allegedly tried to stop neighbours and police from entering the burning home.
sbm
This is the bit that always gets me. 'Let me die here' it's so similar so many times.
You want to die , you do you, but for gods sake leave your partner/ex and the poor children. They didnt ask for this. It is so unbelievably selfish and evil. Those poor kids having to live with having witnessed that.
MOO

Filicide seems to have 5 motivations as far as I can tell?;

Paranoia - the parent is afraid the kid is going to be harmed horrifically in a way they can't protect them from and it's better to die first to escape the suffering

Narcissism - the parent is planning to die and can't imagine how the kid could possibly survive without them, or ever get over their grief over their death

Possession - if parent can't have custody of the kid no one can

Revenge - parent getting back at other parent or even kid for something inevitably stupid

Control - how dare kid or other parent do something the parent doesn't want
What about those who seem to want a new life and want "rid" of their old one? Chris Watts springs to mind. JMO.

What about those who seem to want a new life and want "rid" of their old one? Chris Watts springs to mind. JMO.
Isn't it the ultimate case of control, "I'm the one who has the control over the lives of my partner and children, if they are something I no longer need/want, I get rid of them".

This is the most shocking and upsetting part of the tragedy:

'Mr Doherty alleged Heasman hindered efforts by first responders, police and neighbours to gain access to the home.
Those actions were intentional in keeping responders and neighbouring out of the property with the intention of keeping the kids inside the property,' he said.'

Words fail me :mad:

He should also be prosecuted for endangering the lives of the neighbours who tried to help, and the first responders on the scene. Apparently some of them received injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back