Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's all over everywhere on other forums and media.
I'm just surprised that it took this long for more information on him to come out.
Well, until now this could have been an unfortunate accident that had nothing to do with the husband. How many accidents do we hear of every year with things like quad bikes and ride ons on rural property? Plenty.

People in charge talking about this being a homicide investigation, it's open season.

MOO

Definitely a worrisome way of transporting evidence! I posted that picture of the mower on the trailer back then, and pointed out how any hair or skin tissue, etc, would be lost in the breeze, being transported with such neglect. I posted it because I was shocked.

4th August 2024

View attachment 535220
Let’s hope that forensics took their swabs at the scene

Time to call in the Military Police , who have jurisdictional authority over all ADF members domestically and internationally. This includes ADF reservists when rendering active service. Military Police are authorised to deliver law enforcement, discipline, command and mission support, and execute search warrants in the course of their duties.

This might be why it is taking a bit longer than usual...maybe the MP's are holding on to him , before a court martial.

Although.. if one was a cynic, one could recall that the ADF has different standards of acceptable behavior than those outside the circle...
Exactly this having watched itv documentary about the murder of Kenyan Agnes Wanjiru and the conduct and lack of an investigation by the British army. IMO

Count me out, BG... my personality shines thru and all I get is death threats....
@Trooper …. you win the internet today! At least if anyone is asking me. Now how do I hit the like / love emoji more than once? I’ll be back……. in a weak Schwarzenegger accent impersonation. lol :) MOO

Let’s hope that forensics took their swabs at the scene
Yes @Kittypoo ….. and not to belabor the point - but for those of us following the FL Madeline Soto case and trying to decipher photo images……. Unfortunately I don’t see any fingerprint dust or other markings on that mower on the roll back at all. Here is to hoping the ball wasn’t dropped. Entirely. MOO

Last edited:
Yes @Kittypoo ….. and not to belabor the point - but for those of us following the FL Madeline Soto case and trying to decipher photo images……. Unfortunately I don’t see any fingerprint dust or other markings on that mower on the roll back at all. Here is to hoping the ball wasn’t dropped. Entirely. MOO
I dip in and out of the Soto one. So traumatic and so many posts to keep up with

I still can’t understand how the Police will gain information from the women that Mr Crawford has had relationships with.

It would be heresay anyway….gossip.

We believe there were women who were involved in relationships with Mr Crawford who may have information about Mrs Crawford that will assist with this investigation,” Superintendent Marchesini said.“

I still can’t understand how the Police will gain information from the women that Mr Crawford has had relationships with.

We believe there were women who were involved in relationships with Mr Crawford who may have information about Mrs Crawford that will assist with this investigation,” Superintendent Marchesini said.“

Maybe it would depend on what they might say or any evidence they could contribute?

For example, in the US some years back the Laci Peterson case. Amber Frey, a girl then dating the now convicted defendant Scott Peterson came forward after the disappearance of LP. And IIRC stated that she had been dating him prior to LP having gone missing. And she indicated IIRC the defendant had stated he was single widower and words to that effect and it would be his ‘first Christmas’ without his wife. And IIRC he had stated that before she was even missing. (Not trying to thread hop….. and that case is ~25 years ago….. so memory might be a little fuzzy. Just a possible comparison point?)

I would be hopeful that maybe some important and good circumstantial information might arise from these individuals if relevant in this case perhaps? MOO

I don't think it is hearsay if they have written communications from him (emails, text messages, letters) saying incriminating things.

There have been trials where such things have been used to point to a defendant's guilt.

imo

I’d imagine most of his conquests will feel compromised and will want to retreat from any attention. But maybe one or two will be horrified/angry enough to come forward like Amber Frey did. Hearsay can be gold in where it leads.

The wording around the air bnb description is so jaunty and carefree. “Renaissance Man Just Livin’ the Dream.” Interesting.

'Within weeks of her death, Ms Crawford's belongings were removed from the home and Mr Crawford listed it for rent on Airbnb, describing it as a luxury retreat.

The listing reads: "Beautiful luxury house in secluded bush outlook. No expense spared. It's simply bush paradise and you will feel the stress melt away."

Real Estate as a motive for murder. Mr. Crawford moved fast, out with the Chesterfield, off to the tip with the wife's clothes and baggage, up with the BNB advertisement. And then sit back and 'feel the stress melt away' !!! perfect.

Last edited:
I’d imagine most of his conquests will feel compromised and will want to retreat from any attention. But maybe one or two will be horrified/angry enough to come forward like Amber Frey did. Hearsay can be gold in where it leads.

The wording around the air bnb description is so jaunty and carefree. “Renaissance Man Just Livin’ the Dream.” Interesting.
No doubt good old Rob whined and moaned about his wife, or lied about her, in his texts.. ''she left long ago'.. ... premeditation, intent.. ' my wife is dying of cancer'..' I'll be free in a few weeks, my wife has found someone else'... or that old standby , so beloved by idiotic murdering husbands all over the world ..'my wife went for a run,/ shopping/driving /walking/hiking and hasn't come back'

What a dream ... wife dies, and husband is under suspicion.

Maybe he thinks he is smarter than the police, even though the police immediately thought Frances' death was suspicious.

Renaissance Man: definition = a person with many talents or areas of knowledge Link

'Within weeks of her death, Ms Crawford's belongings were removed from the home and Mr Crawford listed it for rent on Airbnb, describing it as a luxury retreat.

I want to know where he is living. Not the address obviously. But is he sipping cocktails on a balcony on a Surfers Paradise high rise, is he living with another woman, is he living with a bereaved child, is he confined to barracks, is he still flying overseas missions ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil
Back