Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2nd August 2013:
Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply cocaine to Tweddle on the night he disappeared.

Took the above from FigTree's post.

If Pambos is charged with "attempting to supply" .... surely that indicate the deal didn't happen? Or else he'd be charged with supplying.

So, is he telling the truth and he didn't actually find Gary that night? After all, its been reported that nothing was found on Gary.

Could this drug deal just be a handy coincidence that is covering up what really caused Gary to end up dead over a cliff that night?

Just hope Pambos doesn't end up being the fall guy if others are to blame, or are at least involved.

However, just like from day one, I'm sure there is still plenty more to come out about Gary and what happened during that night - <modsnip>

Thanks SouthAussie.
Correct - sorry I didn't make that post clearer.
Hows your blood pressure hwneyz ;)

Yes I spoke to one person - I dont know about the other people in the photo - but if that 'one' person wasnt at the Fairmont Resort Leura that night - Im assuming the photo was taken somewhere else at another time.

... and I could be wrong - no way to confirm it presently, msm didnt tag the photo with much else than pointing out Gary partying :facepalm:

Hahaha FigTree, my blood pressure is probably as perrrrrfect as yours and everyone elses at this point. I'm surprised I'm not bald from pulling out my hair! But 1 thing I know is that I think about Gary and this horrible situation each and everyday and I am alot, I mean alot of miles away from Australia. I have a son the same age as Gary infact 2 months apart and this story just hit me to the core!

I know what you mean by pulling your hair out hwneyz, and coincidentally the day Gary disappeared was on my sons birthday and the day he was found was my other sons birthday :(

I've had another thought now we know more about things. The rather unusual term - looking "in" letter boxes has obviously been snagged by a lot of us. I wonder if Gary's mates were referring to a possible "letter box drop" that might have been made by Pambos.

I'm not too convinced about a valuable quantity of drugs being 'dropped' in a private letterbox. What if the home owner just happened to return home first? Too risky in my opinion, (unless the house was owned by someone known to the supplier or buyer). In the case of a random letterbox, even if it was a rarely used holiday house, there's still the danger the owner/occupier might arrive late in the evening and clear the letterbox.

There's also clear address information to be found on an envelope, a letterbox just has a number which is not much help if you're not entirely sure which street you are on anyway. So looking "in" the letterbox may be about confirming an actual street address as written on mail sitting inside.

The Pambos arrest article is another msm which needs some scrutiny ...

Next to the timeline is text from the Source of the article:

Pambos TimeLine - Annex.
15th July 2013: 10pm - Phone records indicate Mr Pambos arranged to drive from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to meet with the British-born computer sales representative on the night he went missing.
Court documents reveal the 26-year-old had planned to sell Tweddle 2.5 grams of cocaine in five small resealable plastic bags.

16th July 2013: (Gary Tweddle) - Security footage captures Tweddle running out of the Fairmont without his jacket or glasses. It is believed he wanted to meet Mr Pambos, who he had met on previous occasions in Sydney.

16th July: 2.00am: - Pambos -
He tried to meet Tweddle sometime between 10pm on July 15 and 2am on July 16 but the pair lost contact. They never met.

Phone records indicate Mr Pambos arranged to drive from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to meet with the British-born computer sales representative on the night he went missing.

30th July 2013:Approx
Police arrested Christopher Thomas Pambos, of Earlwood, two weeks after Tweddle vanished.

2nd August 2013:
Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply cocaine to Tweddle on the night he disappeared.

23rd August 2013:
1) Blue Mountains police arrested Mr Pambos after he allegedly supplied more than $30,000 of cocaine and $800 worth of MDMA in Sydney on August 2.

2) He was charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug after he allegedly sold 128 grams of cocaine and 88 grams of the drug commonly known as ecstasy at Earlwood, in Sydney's inner west.

3) Police also charged him with dealing with the suspected proceeds of a crime after he was found with $5930.

23rd August:
Mr Pambos appears in court.
Mr Tweddle's body had yet to be found when Mr Pambos first appeared before Burwood Local Court on August 23

Ongoing -
OCTOBER: date not given
Mr Pambos has not yet entered a plea and is expected to face Burwood Local Court in October.

NOVEMBER: 22nd 2013: Gary Tweddle - Coroners Inquiry.

Are the 2 'red charges related?
I need some legal eyes here, as the msm report tells of 2 charges, but there looks to be 3 charges on the sheet.

And they definitely made a charge in relation to Gary.

In most parts of USA, these are what the criminal charges mean:

In ref to the 2 charges in "color Red"~~
1--Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply.........
This would simply mean that CP has been charged in in an attempt (whether he was successful or not) ie: intentions were to supply Gary with cocaine per his own admittal.

2--CP after confessing he was going to meet with Gary on the 15/16th, CP did mention a certain amount of drugs he was supposed to have delivered, did deliver....yada yada. Whatever he said. And he also mentioned the $value. Now because he was found with $5930.......ummmm part of that until evidence shows differently was what Gary's part or if he carried the other 4 partners money on him as well.

So yess.....the 2 is linked charges. JMO from how we do at home here in America, but again JMO.

I know what you mean by pulling your hair out hwneyz, and coincidentally the day Gary disappeared was on my sons birthday and the day he was found was my other sons birthday :(

Omg'sh Kyja!! I am sooo sorry! I bet you just hugged and squeezed your sons even tighter on those days right?

Out of curiosity.....if his mates were telling him to check the letterboxes to let them know where he was at when he said he was lost in a bush.........is there letter boxes in bushes?? Obviously he was STUCK in bushes as per his conversation with his mates, so why would they be asking him to check letter boxes to see where he was at? Heck if I were anywhere near a letterbox, trust me, I would be knocking on someones door to give me directions!!! And that would include the fact if i felt i was being threatened and chased by someone. Again....the whole 17 minute conversation just not make sense.

Out of curiosity.....if his mates were telling him to check the letterboxes to let them know where he was at when he said he was lost in a bush.........is there letter boxes in bushes?? Obviously he was STUCK in bushes as per his conversation with his mates, so why would they be asking him to check letter boxes to see where he was at? Heck if I were anywhere near a letterbox, trust me, I would be knocking on someones door to give me directions!!! And that would include the fact if i felt i was being threatened and chased by someone. Again....the whole 17 minute conversation just not make sense.
Not lost in A bush, lost in THE bush. In Australia, it means any area that is not densely populated. For some people I know, that is anything that isn't a large, very populated city. That doesn't mean there are not houses (and letterboxes) though.

In most parts of USA, these are what the criminal charges mean:

In ref to the 2 charges in "color Red"~~
1--Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply.........
This would simply mean that CP has been charged in in an attempt (whether he was successful or not) ie: intentions were to supply Gary with cocaine per his own admittal.

2--CP after confessing he was going to meet with Gary on the 15/16th, CP did mention a certain amount of drugs he was supposed to have delivered, did deliver....yada yada. Whatever he said. And he also mentioned the $value. Now because he was found with $5930.......ummmm part of that until evidence shows differently was what Gary's part or if he carried the other 4 partners money on him as well.

So yess.....the 2 is linked charges. JMO from how we do at home here in America, but again JMO.

Under the Drugs Misuse Act legislation of most Australian states, the mere offer to supply a drug is akin to an actual supply and can be charged as such.

So simply implying that you will provide drugs for someone (even if you do not actually follow through) is enough for you to be charged with "Supply"

Under the Drugs Misuse Act legislation of most Australian states, the mere offer to supply a drug is akin to an actual supply and can be charged as such.

So simply implying that you will provide drugs for someone (even if you do not actually follow through) is enough for you to be charged with "Supply"

Thanks for this info, Derryn Hunch. I wonder why they would even bother with such a charge against Pambos. I'm not disputing that they would have evidence of such an offer (maybe in Gary's SMS data), but would Gary going missing be reason enough to bring this kind of charge against Pambos?

They must have lots of incidents where this kind of charge could be laid on many people, but they probably don't bother (if the passing of drugs from one person to another can't actually be proven). Our courts would be clogged if they did surely?

Oh my gosh! Derryn Hunch! Great username!! Love the photo too.

Omg'sh Kyja!! I am sooo sorry! I bet you just hugged and squeezed your sons even tighter on those days right?

I sure did, I can only imagine the world of pain his parents are in and hope as a mum it's not something I ever have to experience. No parent should outlive they're child and to me it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference if Gary was a full blown addict or occasional user I still would have put in 100% effort searching for his family's sake.

Thanks for this info, Derryn Hunch. I wonder why they would even bother with such a charge against Pambos. I'm not disputing that they would have evidence of such an offer (maybe in Gary's SMS data), but would Gary going missing be reason enough to bring this kind of charge against Pambos?

They must have lots of incidents where this kind of charge could be laid on many people, but they probably don't bother (if the passing of drugs from one person to another can't actually be proven). Our courts would be clogged if they did surely?

It depends - I've seen people charged with supply under these circumstances - and then again, I've seen people told in no uncertain terms that they could have been charged with multiple offences due to this legislation but have howver only been charged with the actual occurring offences - its ultimately up to the DPP (Department Public Prosecutions) as to weather they wish to proceed on the merits of each case...

Side note -

2.5g of cocaine is (usually) around $700/$800 - I find it funny they wouldn't just go the extra few hundred and get the price break on what is called an "8 Ball" (3.5grams) which is (usually) about $900/$1000 on a street level deal...

Essentially it gives a half gram or so for free...and would have given them all significantly more each...

Two points come from that - its not the kind of money that is worth killing someone over and secondly, for a little extra, they all could have got a fair bit more bang for their buck so to speak...

Perhaps the legal repercussions are less for 2.5g, so that is the amount that Pambos pulled out of the air? I would imagine that any SMS communications would have been 'coded', so to speak.

Perhaps the legal repercussions are less for 2.5g, so that is the amount that Pambos pulled out of the air? I would imagine that any SMS communications would have been 'coded', so to speak.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/queens...vation-programs/m-fs-court-drug-diversion.pdf

For Pambos the amount wouldn't have made any difference... supply is supply... the only thing that would change that is frequency which would introduce the charge of trafficking - which carries a mandatory custodial sentence in most Australian states, as opposed to supply, which does not.

On the buyer/user end of things, the above pdf shows the quantities where drug diversion programs pair off... 1g for cocaine in QLD for instance.

2.5 is a really strange amount - especially when you consider someone driving all the way out there... wouldn't it just be easier to order the "8 Ball" ???

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/queens...vation-programs/m-fs-court-drug-diversion.pdf

For Pambos the amount wouldn't have made any difference... supply is supply... the only thing that would change that is frequency which would introduce the charge of trafficking - which carries a mandatory custodial sentence in most Australian states, as opposed to supply, which does not.

On the buyer/user end of things, the above pdf shows the quantities where drug diversion programs pair off... 1g for cocaine in QLD for instance.

2.5 is a really strange amount - especially when you consider someone driving all the way out there... wouldn't it just be easier to order the "8 Ball" ???

Yes. And it is an awfully small amount for a $30,000+ dealer to make a 3-hour round trip for, as well. Considering it would take only a few minutes to drop off, then he had to drive all the way back home again.

Maybe he has a hot car that he loves to cruise in? Only reason I can think of for travelling that far for such a relatively small amount, unless he had other business in the area too.

Blue Mountains Gazette
Cocaine link in Tweddle death
By Emma Partridge
Oct. 2, 2013, midnight

Basically the same article with a differently worded introduction to the story.

OK this might be a stretch... But, what if his 'wasted and unsteady' look was because he was coming down from something, hence the urgency for coke in the middle of the night?
Still so many questions about his state of mind and odd behaviours...

Humdinger that makes sense to me...you see a few years ago I was seeing this guy and one night we all had a get together at a friends where we drank a bit and he was so wasted that all he wanted to go and get coke to sort himself out. We told him to just drink water but such was his desperation that he got into his car that he started to drive and smashed his car into his friends parked car. He got a taxi after that but no one was happy at all not to mention so dangerous.

I have seen that desperation so maybe that's what Gary was feeling in a way- the feeling of a come down or feeling too drunk so was desperate to get the supply.

So many questions, I don;t even know where to start.

I have been reading these threads last few weeks - first time commenting! Been a real eye opener being on here, thanks guys!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back