Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe GT was with CP when he made that 17 min call and CP was asking for more money.

Another thought - Gary was possibly on the phone to CP when the driver saw him at 12.15am. (Its been mentioned before as a possibility). then to his mates at 12.20am - the 17 minute call.

Back to the driver who saw Gary on the road talking on his phone...
I wonder if the Police asked them did they see another car or person further along past Watkins Road or on Sublime Point Road or even parked on Watson Road. It would be obvious, as there is no parking along that street -

As a few of us have already said - Pambos must have been close for Gary to 1) Run to Watkins Road
2) To flag down a car (thinking it was Pambos)
3) Be on the phone talking

I wonder what type of car Pambos drives. Maybe that would be something worth people in the area trying to remember. I hope they checked the CCTV at the Resort for it.

Another thought - whether its relevant or not...
The Police were checking a lot of the cul-de-sac roads for Gary right from the begining. Maybe they were checking possible meeting places first. They searched the drop off areas of the cul-de-sacs and then moved onto other more open areas and stretches of land.

I'm thinking they knew where the drop off point was suppose to take place - but the call from Gary to say he as lost sent the search out in to many other areas.

The Police were checking a lot of the cul-de-sac roads for Gary right from the begining. Maybe they were checking possible meeting places first. They searched the drop off areas of the cul-de-sacs and then moved onto other more open areas and stretches of land.

I'm thinking they knew where the drop off point was suppose to take place - but the call from Gary to say he as lost sent the search out in to many other areas.

Yes, I agree FigTree, I wonder how upfront the friends were with Police at the beginning.
Had another thought too. Could it have been possible that CP and Gary had originally planned to meet at the Fairmont? The timings of the meet were between 10pm and 2 am as I understand, a big window to be waiting about but not such an issue if he was just going to turn up between those times. If that were the case it makes sense that after a few sips of beer he excused himself to go and wait for CP in the reception area, he would not need his jacket or glasses for that, so he left them in the room. Then something happened to cause Gary to run out of the resort in the way that he did maybe Gary heard something that spooked him enough to call CP to meet him away from Hotel, a police presence perhaps.
It was reported that Gary had been asking about drugs during that evening at Silks so the arrangement with CP must have been made that evening one would assume. Therefore would they have had enough local knowledge between them to set a pick up point away from the Fairmont? Who knows?
I still feel it possible that the 17 min phone call included directions from colleagues to Gary, and him running because CP was waiting and possibly getting impatient after driving all that way. It could explain why they wanted him to look into letter boxes to find out where he was on Watkins Road in order to direct him the quickest route i.e back along road or across golf course ( could explain jumping and being lost in bush and on the road) and if Gary was using the torch App on his phone and talking to colleagues on speaker while running, he would not have had time to check maps especially if like me he cannot see them without glasses. He would have been worried about his battery if he was using torch as it canes the battery. Though if that we're the case surely the dogs would have picked up a scent. Only other thought FigTree as you mentioned and as was reported somewhere, there were possibly 2 drivers who saw him that evening, maybe the second driver picked Gary up from Watkins Road? Blaaaaaggghhh it is so frustrating!,:banghead: AMOO of course

And where exactly was Gary when he said he was 'lost'? In the bush, or on a road (methinks on a road). And when exactly did he phone to say he was lost, at 12:20 ... or was it significantly later? The alert to Anika (who was a loooong way away) didn't happen till 3 hours later.

Did he get lost on the streets trying to find Pambos, or on his way back to the Fairmont from somewhere? He sure wasn't going to find the Fairmont (or Pambos) by wandering around in the bush. And a lot of time was spent searching residential roads and back gardens - the search wasn't focused purely on searching bushland.

Off topic...

Thinking of everyone in Blue Mountains area. It's a tragic situation currently happening with the fires. Please take care & stay safe!!

Off topic...

Thinking of everyone in Blue Mountains area. It's a tragic situation currently happening with the fires. Please take care & stay safe!!

Thank-you Marly. You've done a great job of getting the word out on WS and putting up the Fire thread - thanks for your thoughts.

I know we have one WSer down the Mountain - I hope all is OK with them and they are out of harms way. And there are some WSers in the outer Lithgow area - I really hope they are safe and not in the path of the fires either.

OMG ... please take care our Blue Mountains friends!

Stay safe, get out early! :please:

"IT'S going to be even worse than we thought - fire chiefs have warned families across Sydney's west to brace themselves as the massive 300km wall of fire sweeping through the Blue Mountains could see Leura, Katoomba and Blackheath evacuated today."

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...-its-destruction/story-fnii5s3x-1226743469519

Prayers to all for safety, and asking mother nature to show some mercy

I came across this site earlier when checking out maps on the fires. Very interesting live webcam looking across Blue Mountains area. You can play around with controls on it, pan left & right, also has zoom control.

http://www.scenicworld.com.au/explore-our-world/take-look/web-cam/

Of course!! Thanks marly!! :tyou:

..so I go there, and click and wait for my turn and couldn't see anything. I thought 'mustn't be working' ... :tantrum:
Helloooooo - its night time! :floorlaugh:

Of course!! Thanks marly!! :tyou:

..so I go there, and click and wait for my turn and couldn't see anything. I thought 'mustn't be working' ... :tantrum:
Helloooooo - its night time! :floorlaugh:

Hahaha me too FigTree!:blushing:

A little less than 4 weeks till Gary's inquest ....

"Blue Mountains Superintendent Darryl Jobson would not be drawn on the drug reports when contacted by The Gazette on Monday, referring the matter to Inspector Bostock, who said there was “no evidence to show that any person on the night [in that group] was using drugs”.

The Coroner will determine the circumstances surrounding Mr Tweddle’s death at a November 22 inquest."

http://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/story/1749369/body-found-at-leura-in-gary-tweddle-mystery/

I trust all you locals in the Blue Mountains are safe amidst all the dreadful bushfires. Hugs all round.

A bit of smoke and fire is not unheard of in the Blue Mountains. I was chatting to my USA friend who said the media coverage in the US indicated that the whole continent of Australia was about to be wiped out.

Hyper situation..... I, of course, didn't flee:please: , flanked by 5 garden hoses (I was told by a meteorologist's daughter that the rainfall was enough to reduce the start-up speed of the State Mines Fire (started by the Defense force exploding bombs apparently, er).

It was actually gorgeous weather at the very top of the Blue Mountains.

Thanks for asking Mountain Misst.

Here is Lisa's story, she lives on the Sydney side of the Mountains, a well known local artist

If you like, you can type in NSW BUSHFIRE SURVIVAL STORY LISA JUDD WITH AERIAL DRONE GOPRO3 2013 and it'll come up or NSW BUSHFIRE SURVIVAL STORY LISA JUDD WITH AERIAL DRONE GOPRO3 2013 - YouTube

The whole shemozzle certainly distracted from the GT case!!

Off topic although the video does show quite a bit of the terrain in the Blue Mountains area known as Sweet Dreams...

November 07, 2013

TERRIFYING footage has emerged of a Sydney man falling 30m down a cliff face during a rock climbing accident in the Blue Mountains.
Daniel Bush, 27, was on the final pitch of a 30m climb known as Sweet Dreams near Leura in April when disaster struck.

The footage, posted on YouTube on Tuesday, shows him slip and begin to violently tumble before coming to a violent stop

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...do-the-voiceover/story-fni0cx4q-1226755171688

Off topic although the video does show quite a bit of the terrain in the Blue Mountains area known as Sweet Dreams...

November 07, 2013

TERRIFYING footage has emerged of a Sydney man falling 30m down a cliff face during a rock climbing accident in the Blue Mountains.
Daniel Bush, 27, was on the final pitch of a 30m climb known as Sweet Dreams near Leura in April when disaster struck.

The footage, posted on YouTube on Tuesday, shows him slip and begin to violently tumble before coming to a violent stop

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...do-the-voiceover/story-fni0cx4q-1226755171688

Holy moly!! And how is this Sean guy who just digs out after what happened? IMO, I think he had bad thoughts on his mind as they set out for the climb that day. All my opinion tho'. Wow, wow, wow. Makes me wonder if this crazy guy "Sean" was around the area in the early morning hours when gary was around there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back