GUILTY Australia - George Gerbic, 66, found dismembered, Gympie, QLD, 19 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It IS such an unthinkable thing to do, PrimeSuspect. I completely agree. Still trying to understand it:

One of my pet stone-cold cases is the London Torso Murders, which were concurrent with Jack the Ripper (and quite close in proximity as well..). Anyway, I did a lot of research on why people dismember, to get my head around that case.

It basically came down to a couple of very different motives for the act of cutting another person up -- a/ psychological gratification of whatever kind (revenge, rage, paraphilia) and b/ practicality (hiding/disposing of the victim). Not that they're mutually exclusive, but there tends to be different kinds of crimes associated with each. The latter often involves money.

I reckon this woman was likely in the b/category.

One of my pet stone-cold cases is the London Torso Murders, which were concurrent with Jack the Ripper (and quite close in proximity as well..). Anyway, I did a lot of research on why people dismember, to get my head around that case.

It basically came down to a couple of very different motives for the act of cutting another person up -- a/ psychological gratification of whatever kind (revenge, rage, paraphilia) and b/ practicality (hiding/disposing of the victim). Not that they're mutually exclusive, but there tends to be different kinds of crimes associated with each. The latter often involves money.

I reckon this woman was likely in the b/category.

Yep, I reckon you're right. It was all about the money $$$$

I should have added to my post above "outside the bounds of organised crime", where the lines of a/ and b/ often cross and dismemberment isn't all that strange a thing to do.

HA!

Has the Katherine Knight case got any sort of thread here? That case made such a huge impact on me, when I first read about it.

As for small women doing violent things... I had a friend who was a hair over 5 ft tall and regularly went wild boar hunting with a crossbow. Incredibly strong, for all her teeny tiny petiteness, and not scared of giant feral pigs, or butchering them. Lovely person, btw, but whenever i see people wondering how a small woman could accomplish a brutal crime, I think of this friend and the photos of the giant pigs she hunted. And how then she could doll up for a night out at the pub, very feminine!

I remember reading a book about Katherine Knight. Blood Stain I think it was called. It's probably the most horrifying story I've ever read :sick:

No dedicated thread as such for her although she does rate a mention in this thread from a few years back...

"Women who have murdered their husbands".

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed-their-husbands!&highlight=Katherine+Knight

HA!

Has the Katherine Knight case got any sort of thread here? That case made such a huge impact on me, when I first read about it.

As for small women doing violent things... I had a friend who was a hair over 5 ft tall and regularly went wild boar hunting with a crossbow. Incredibly strong, for all her teeny tiny petiteness, and not scared of giant feral pigs, or butchering them. Lovely person, btw, but whenever i see people wondering how a small woman could accomplish a brutal crime, I think of this friend and the photos of the giant pigs she hunted. And how then she could doll up for a night out at the pub, very feminine!

I remember reading a book about Katherine Knight. Blood Stain I think it was called. It's probably the most horrifying story I've ever read :sick:

No dedicated thread as such for her although she does rate a mention in this thread from a few years back...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed-their-husbands!&highlight=Katherine+Knight

I remember lurking here years ago and reading something about her. I'll look bc I remember she cooked her husband or something.

Here you go...a thread for Katherine Knight. I had a look at some media reports and there's quite a lengthy article from just back in May.

The Black Knight: Katherine Knight

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ight-Katherine-Knight&p=10827114#post10827114

Hi marlywings! It's been awhile since I've posted on a thread with you, so nice to "run into" you. :seeya: I found the thread where I read about Katherine Knight. Here ya go...

Original thread from 2006 is titled - !!Warning!! Gruesome, Woman kills and feeds father to kids

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Gruesome-Woman-kills-and-feeds-father-to-kids

Big thanks to all who've dug up those old threads on Katherine Knight. Fascinating (if entirely horrible) case.

As I've sleuthed around a lot of very old cases (some going back to the 1800's!) and had cause to read old papers, I found a great many extremely gruesome murders committed by women. Brutality is certainly not limited by gender.

I have also read this book Marlywings...such a hideous crime.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I just finished reading through this thread; very sad and disturbing details. The last update I could find was from June, when it was determined that Lindy will go to trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/woman-committed-to-stand-trial-for-allegedly-hacking-up-de-facto-partner-near-gympie/news-story/412d0869ef0261116edea9d20938b7b1

Lindy Yvonne Williams, 58, was charged with murder and interfering with a corpse in July, 2014, after George Gerbic’s body was found in September the year before.

Today she appeared in the dock at the Brisbane Magistrates Court and consented to the case being sent to the Supreme Court for trial.

The court was told there were more than 260 witnesses named in the case file.

A QUEENSLAND woman accused of murdering her de facto partner claimed she returned to their house after a violent confrontation to find him decapitated and wrapped in plastic.

Lindy Yvonne Williams is on trial in the Supreme Court in Brisbane over the death of George Gerbic, 66, on the Sunshine Coast in September 2013 after pleading not guilty to his murder.

In opening submissions on Monday, the court head Williams claimed Mr Gerbic hit his head due to slipping on her blood after he attacked her with a knife in their Tanawha home.

She told police she locked herself in a bedroom overnight, emerging the next day to see him on the ground where he had hit his head.

She claimed she left him unmoved and left the house for two days, returning to find his body missing its head, legs and arms.

Alleged murderer ‘found’ partner decapitated

Alleged murderer ‘found’ partner decapitated

Her lawyer Simon Lewis said Mr Gerbic’s death was the result of an accident, and Williams’ attempts to cover it up by disposing of the corpse did not mean she was responsible.

“This isn’t a whodunit,” Mr Lewis told the court.

“It might be a howdunnit. It’s more about the circumstances in which a disaster has occurred.

The defence has not yet offered an explanation how Mr Gerbic was dismembered or who by.

<snipped>

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller said Williams had told a friend she had engaged a “third party” to confront Mr Gerbic in the hope he would release more than $90,000 in a joint account.

She told a friend she and Mr Gerbic had fought over his bisexuality, and he had used a second phone to maintain a relationship with a man, according to the prosecution.

Lindy Yvonne Williams on disposing partner’s torso: ‘‘I still don’t know why I did this’

Lindy Yvonne Williams described him as “furious”, “fuming” and “just so angry” on the night of the incident and his mouth was foaming as he attacked her.

“I was just in the firing line,” Ms Williams told police in July 2014. Ms Williams also claimed Mr Gerbic had previously hit her and his ex-wife had told her he “beat me to a pulp”, the court heard on Tuesday.

<snipped>

“I still don’t know why I did this,” she told police.

The court heard said she feared police would accuse her of hacking up the body. She claimed it took her two days to come to the decision to move the remains, and that she tied a rope around them because they were impossible to carry. She said that she had contemplated suicide prior to dumping the remains.​

Victim ‘slipped on blood’ before death

Mr Gerbic’s ex-wife Cheryl Aiken gave evidence in Brisbane Supreme Court on Wednesday, playing down her past allegations of him being violent during their relationship.

The court heard that before his death Ms Aiken emailed an acquaintance about their relationship, saying: “If people knew the hell I went through, he would be in prison.”

However, when she took the stand she said her claims had not been entirely true.

<snipped>

In a police re-enactment played to the jury on Wednesday, Williams said he came home angry at about 10pm, having previously told investigators he was upset by a tax issue and his ex-wife, and she served him food.

She said he flung his tray of food up after complaining his steak was tough, then lunged at her with a knife.

“I just picked the stool up, trying to hit him to get him off me,” Williams said during the July 2014 re-enactment.

“He slips and then falls back. I don’t know where he hit his head but I heard a ‘bang’.

Headless body murder accused ‘happy’ after man dismembered

On the trial's fourth day, Dr Marc Daniels told Brisbane Supreme Court Ms Williams visited him on September 11, 2013.

"She said she had been assaulted by her ex five days prior," Dr Daniels said on Thursday.

Dr Daniels said Ms Williams wanted emergency housing and had injuries consistent with a "severe" assault.
The doctor said Ms Williams had arm cuts and bruises.
Accused killer joked about hiding a dead body

Lindy Yvonne Williams joked her de facto partner George Gerbic’s Sunshine Coast property was so big she could hide a body there, before she allegedly killed him, a court has heard.

“(She said) this is a big land and I could cut up bodies and bury it here and no one will notice,” her friend Elini Christensen told the court on Friday.

But defence lawyer Simon Lewis suggested Ms Christensen had “invented” the claim during a police interview after seeing media reports about Mr Gerbic’s remains being found.

Accused Qld murderer 'faked kidnapping'

The jury was shown a 2007 Woman's Day article titled "I survived a crazed stalker" in which Williams claimed she was kidnapped and assaulted by a man in army fatigues.

She was quoted in the article as saying she was cut multiple times by her assailant.

But her long-time friend Janice Brennan testified Williams was "verging on hysterical" when she confessed she had fabricated the story and had cut herself.​

Dumped torso case: Discovering electric saw caused man to 'melt down'

Craftsman Darryn Kruse testified on Thursday that he had seen Williams using one of his bins in September 2013, in the days before the reciprocating saw was dumped.

When he approached Williams, "she seemed a bit scrambled", he told Brisbane Supreme Court.

He took in the saw, telling friends: "Look what the fairies brought me."

But media coverage of the discovery of Mr Gerbic's remains changed his outlook.

"I basically tracked down the local police officer there and proceeded to melt down," he told the court.​

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/sta...george-gerbic-dismembered-torso-murder-trial/

The son of a man whose headless torso was found burning on the side of a rural road near Gympie received birthday and Christmas messages from his father’s email account after the remains were found but not yet identified, a court has heard.

The court heard Mr Gerbic was last seen at the Coolum football club on September 4. His remains were discovered on September 19.

Mr Gerbic’s son from a previous marriage, Simon Gerbic, told the court he got a message from Ms Williams on September 6, which said his father was sick in bed and had broken his phone.

Sorry for the links being out of order in terms of trial coverage. It's difficult to find consistent sources for this where I have access to the content.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back