GUILTY Australia - George Gerbic, 66, found dismembered, Gympie, QLD, 19 Sept 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, the fake emails from 'George' were sent for a period of ten months....

His poor family thought he was fine all that time. When the torso was found I wondered why no one reported a missing man in the area. He supposedly dabbled in real estate too.

LW ended up sealing her fate sending those fake emails, if she hadn't, when police finally caught up with her she could have feigned not knowing his whereabouts. She wrote a funny comment on her fb page, considering what she ended up doing a year later. Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. :thinking:

How on earth did this happen??! Really hard to understand it when you look at photos of her......and of her with George.

What does it take for a woman to reach the point of murdering her partner like that?? Let's see what is revealed......

Thanks for the fb info isis - that's the first page of hers I have been able to look at. How strange that within days of her engagement, birthday and apparently receiving that gold bracelet from GG, things obviously went so very, very wrong.

I'm glad to see some sort of progress with the case, plus an alleged perp arrested - GG's torso was found only minutes from where I live and I have to say I've often wondered whether or not the person responsible was someone local.

And really, isn't this another example of how wonderful our police and investigators really are? To have started with nothing more than an unidentified, burnt torso and a vague description of a possible female witness in an orange car - it's amazing that there has been an arrest really. I think I'm correct in saying that GG was eventually identified after the lengthy process of tracking down the meds that were in his system, then connecting the dots after that. Amazing!

Thanks for the fb info isis - that's the first page of hers I have been able to look at. How strange that within days of her engagement, birthday and apparently receiving that gold bracelet from GG, things obviously went so very, very wrong.

I'm glad to see some sort of progress with the case, plus an alleged perp arrested - GG's torso was found only minutes from where I live and I have to say I've often wondered whether or not the person responsible was someone local.

And really, isn't this another example of how wonderful our police and investigators really are? To have started with nothing more than an unidentified, burnt torso and a vague description of a possible female witness in an orange car - it's amazing that there has been an arrest really. I think I'm correct in saying that GG was eventually identified after the lengthy process of tracking down the meds that were in his system, then connecting the dots after that. Amazing!

Yep, they truly are amazing! They worked really hard - and very methodically apparently - to track down George's identity. Good on them!

In the past these types of cases were quite uncommon, unfortunately it's becoming more common for women to murder and dismember their victims bodies.

Who could ever forget the very gruesome Katherine Knight case back in 2000. She decapitated her victim, cooked parts of his body and served all that up with vegies for her children's dinner.

http://murderpedia.org/female.K/k/knight-katherine.htm

In 2010, little Aussie, Zahra Baker, only 10yrs old....her wicked witch of a stepmother dismembered Zahra's body and scattered her remains across the countryside. I recall reading recently it was thought her body had been put through a wood chipper.
My uncle knew Katherine Knight. Says she was an absolute nut bag (surprising I know).

Also don't forget what is likely to have happened to Donald Mackay, except it was men who did it to him. It was a surprise to hear in the media that they had new leads and were looking for a body. I thought they had intelligence about the dog food factory. The poor guy :(

How on earth did this happen??! Really hard to understand it when you look at photos of her......and of her with George.

What does it take for a woman to reach the point of murdering her partner like that?? Let's see what is revealed......

Checked it out, oh wow, not long after his gift to her she murders him?! Wow, maybe he changed his mind. :scared:

Folks re facebook. You can post the link as long as you're 100% certain it belongs to the person named by police.

Comments from there can be paraphrased but you must include the link. And that's as far as it goes...no discussions about those comments are allowed.

WS has no way of verifying who actually wrote the comments and we class them all as rumours.

Thanks, Oddsocks. I read the thread you linked because I thought it might go some way to explaining the Lindy Williams case. I just couldn't get my head around a woman killing and dismembering her own son. Thought there had to be something that would go some way to explaining it. And there was -- money again, apparently

The mother wasn't starving, wasn't homeless, her sons weren't bad to her -- she just wanted more money, based on the info in the thread and media. She destroyed her own flesh and blood mentally then killed him, tried to burn him, cut him up and tossed him away, set fire to the place in addition to the fire she claimed destroyed her own home. She even tried to fool the judge into using taxpayers' money to defend her while her own money was tucked away -- that plan came undone too

Her son was a big-built man. The mother's a scrawny 60 year old. Yet she managed to kill and dismember him. It's corrected my doubts about Lindy Williams being able to do the same to George Gerbic, and not just the physical ability - some women (and men) don't shrink from cutting people up, apparently. They must just roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Where does that come from? What in life has brought them to the point where they're prepared to butcher people to save their own necks or get their hands on someone else's money?

The Scrivo woman went to the trouble to have her eyebrows, eyes and lips tattooed. Lindy Williams seems as if she spent time on her appearance too. Yet here are these older women with their painted nails, hair-pieces and permanent make-up, plotting in their heads how to chop up big men they're supposed to care about. Then when it comes to disposal, they drive around throwing chunks of body out of their cars !?

Seems a lot of people are going to hear a deep, ominous voice when they're on the cusp of death, saying, 'You're mine!', before a leathery black arm grabs them by the neck and drags them off to an even worse hell than the one they created on earth

Thanks, Oddsocks. I read the thread you linked because I thought it might go some way to explaining the Lindy Williams case. I just couldn't get my head around a woman killing and dismembering her own son. Thought there had to be something that would go some way to explaining it. And there was -- money again, apparently

The mother wasn't starving, wasn't homeless, her sons weren't bad to her -- she just wanted more money, based on the info in the thread and media. She destroyed her own flesh and blood mentally then killed him, tried to burn him, cut him up and tossed him away, set fire to the place in addition to the fire she claimed destroyed her own home. She even tried to fool the judge into using taxpayers' money to defend her while her own money was tucked away -- that plan came undone too

Her son was a big-built man. The mother's a scrawny 60 year old. Yet she managed to kill and dismember him. It's corrected my doubts about Lindy Williams being able to do the same to George Gerbic, and not just the physical ability - some women (and men) don't shrink from cutting people up, apparently. They must just roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Where does that come from? What in life has brought them to the point where they're prepared to butcher people to save their own necks or get their hands on someone else's money?

The Scrivo woman went to the trouble to have her eyebrows, eyes and lips tattooed. Lindy Williams seems as if she spent time on her appearance too. Yet here are these older women with their painted nails, hair-pieces and permanent make-up, plotting in their heads how to chop up big men they're supposed to care about. Then when it comes to disposal, they drive around throwing chunks of body out of their cars !?

Seems a lot of people are going to hear a deep, ominous voice when they're on the cusp of death, saying, 'You're mine!', before a leathery black arm grabs them by the neck and drags them off to an even worse hell than the one they created on earth

So so disturbing...on so many levels.

RSBM
What in life has brought them to the point where they're prepared to butcher people to save their own necks or get their hands on someone else's money?

Looking at Lindy Williams FB page (under that name) there does seem to be a focus on wealth. I noticed there are alot of Donald Trump pics on that page......

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000874148766&fref=ts

But, just thinking out loud here about other possibilities:

- it could also be that there was domestic violence in the relationship and she snapped. There's quite a few cases of that happening.

- or, she is not that well - has a personality disorder or mental illness.

Hard for us to know motive when no info's been released in MSM.

It's just such a violent death - that's the bit that strikes me.

Looking at Lindy Williams FB page (under that name) there does seem to be a focus on wealth. I noticed there are alot of Donald Trump pics on that page......

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000874148766&fref=ts

But, just thinking out loud here about other possibilities:

- it could also be that there was domestic violence in the relationship and she snapped. There's quite a few cases of that happening.

- or, she is not that well - has a personality disorder or mental illness.

Hard for us to know motive when no info's been released in MSM.

It's just such a violent death - that's the bit that strikes me.

We probably won't hear too much more at all until committal hearing/trial but I wouldn't be at all surprised if George Gerbic was the one being abused prior to his death. In so many of these types of cases it seems the women who dismember are the very dominant type.

And I think many of these women already have one foot on the insanity side to even contemplate such perverse actions.

Another even more gruesome case....keep a bucket handy :sick:

Omaima Aree Nelson

http://murderpedia.org/female.N/n/nelson-omaima.htm

We probably won't hear too much more at all until committal hearing/trial but I wouldn't be at all surprised if George Gerbic was the one being abused prior to his death. In so many of these types of cases it seems the women who dismember are the very dominant type.

And I think many of these women already have one foot on the insanity side to even contemplate such perverse actions.

Another even more gruesome case....keep a bucket handy :sick:

Omaima Aree Nelson

http://murderpedia.org/female.N/n/nelson-omaima.htm

Ah, that's really interesting about women who dismember tending to be dominant types Marly. I don't know anything about women who dismember!

Shall go have a look at the thread you've linked :seeya:

Am now trying to get my head around the psyche of someone who dismembers. Found this so far:

Crimes involving dismemberment are rare and highly complex and may include an explosive concoction of emotion and rage, according to an expert in the field.

Erica Hutton, who is a forensic psychologist from Indiana, told The Montana Standard that crimes involving dismemberment — like the one being investigated in Butte — are far beyond the average offense.

“It is the ultimate killing, ‘I don’t want to just kill you; I want to cut you up,’” Hutton said.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...875-51b5-91c8-3fd6c1f0ae52.html#ixzz392PJFnOm

And this from a Finnish study into dismemberment killings (although they are saying it is hard to conduct a valid study as it is such a rare occurrence, so the sample is small):

What [they] did find is that these killers were almost twice as likely to have been violent at school as other kinds of murderer, and there was a much higher likelihood of past contact with mental health services compared to other homicide offenders.

Only one perpetrator of mutilation homicide had never been in contact with psychiatry yet ten out of 14 offenders in the Finnish study had been in-patients.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/the-psychology-of-corpse-dismemberment_b_1577919.html

Am now trying to get my head around the psyche of someone who dismembers. Found this so far:

It's just such an unthinkable thing to do, to cut someone up. These perps, man or woman, are mad and bad imo. :scared:

It IS such an unthinkable thing to do, PrimeSuspect. I completely agree. Still trying to understand it:

Dismembering a victim illustrates an extreme notion of abhorrence towards the victim, psychologically dismissing their existence and disregarding them as being of any value whatsoever (Holmes & Holmes, 2002). The perpetrator that elects to dismember their victim desires to eliminate their existence, refusing to acknowledge them on a conscious level; furthermore, taking their body apart is perceived to be gratifying sexually and psychologically necessary (Holmes & Holmes, 2002).

..........It is highly plausible that dismemberment is often times associated with hiding a body. The psychological connotation associated to the killer that proceeds to dismember a victim for the purpose of concealing the body is psychologically aware of their wrongdoing. They are more likely to take precautionary measures in dismembering to evade any possible detection as a suspect in the killing.

http://ericahutton.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/psychological-associations-of.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back