GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ahhhhh .... I wonder if he's going to say that by the time he got to the unit Gao was already dead and he just helped with the cleanup .. whatever, let's see if a jury who has heard what a murderous he is their whole lives believe him. Not likely. Suck it up Rogerson.

Even if McNamara said Rogerson had nothing to do with it - no-one is going to believe it. If the CCTV footage has Rogerson placed at the scene - he is involved.
Rogerson was seen waiting on CCTV at Arab Road and then following McNamaras car.
What? He just happened to be in the area getting some sausages? :facepalm:

Devils advocate .. Rogerson didn't shoot Jamie and DID get there after McNamara had shot him which was not something Rogerson expected or wanted .. Who's going to be upset about a conviction for something he didn't deserve for once? Nobody. He has probably killed 10 people over his career. He deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life, and has for about 30 years. Any jury asked to toss up between the two options are going to convict.

Anyone else having a hard time seeing McNamara as bent?

He appears to have made it his life's mission to expose police/official corruption. Made a lot of enemies... some really powerful ones... and didn't blink.

And here he is, centre stage of this too-stupid-to-be-believeable apparent drug deal gone wrong?

I dunno. There's a lot that's very 'off' about this case. But that's probably the biggest 'wtf' for me.

No I think that makes him even worse .. everyone inside the force hated him, IMO there's a reason for that .. and it's not because he was straight and they were all bent, it's because he's a slippery sucker .. my take on McNamara is he played both sides of the fence to suit his own ends. He got lucky with the media labelling him a whistleblower and used it to his advantage ie books & media appearances.

Anyone else having a hard time seeing McNamara as bent?

Yes, Ausgirl. I have now got both McNamaras books. They are hard to read because of the sickening subject matter.
On the face of it, this man was fighting some very evil and very powerful people. He appears to have been set up previously as a result of this. If it is true what he says in his book, then despite whatever has happened since then, I applaud him for trying to help stop child abusers and those that would cover up child abuse.
That's why I too, was toying with the idea that this man may have been framed. He stepped on powerful toes. I don't know what happened and I don't pretend to, but if he did what he said he did, then in my eyes he is heroic.
Maybe he was about to throw all caution to the wind and name names with Rogerson.
Keep in mind that the first reports said McNamara and Rogerson were working together on a book about corruption.
Some would call telling on fellow officers being "a dog"
I wonder if that is what his lawyer meant when he said his client has been treated "worse than a dog."
Either way, child abuse needs to stop and it needs to stop being covered up.
And if you expose it, you are not a dog but a hero. In my opinion.

On the other hand he could be a liar and a drug dealer and a murderer.:tantrum:

Lots of criminals inside hate pedophiles too, doesn't make them straight JMO

Lots of criminals inside hate pedophiles too, doesn't make them straight JMO

True. And also being seen as a straight, whistleblower would be the perfect cover for him to get away with all sorts of crimes.

But then , what criminals would deal with someone perceived as a straight whistle blower?

I know one thing.... If he 'suicides' while in protective custody, then I will know something definitely ain't right.

There seems to be to be more than one motive circling this case - but none of them have been put forward as yet (officially)

Are there any innocent parties in this crime? I don't think so.
The stupidity of the whole thing is the biggest red flag for me.
The amount of 'exposure' that the crime had - the CCTV - I think there was a reason behind that. If supposing it was a setup - it was orchestrated to lessen someones involvement (which I think would be Rogerson's) - he may have shot Jamie Gao, but how will that be proven.

It is going to be difficult to prove who the shooter was without the weapon - but I think it can be done.

Did Rogerson deliberately tell McNamara to get Jamie into the Storage Unit, and he would follow after they (McNamamra and Gao) were inside?

So does the CCTV have audio?
Because the gun fire sound would have been recorded.
...Before or after Rogerson entered the Storage Unit.

No word or showmanship from McNamara's legal team.

Plenty from Rogerson's - especially relating to his treatment on his arrest - his conditions in jail - and his involvement - even going to the point to plant a assumed 'not guilty' out into the public arena.

Respectfully snipped by me...
ng.... If he 'suicides' while in protective custody, then I will know something definitely ain't right.

If he suicides while in protective custody then I hope the public outcry is deafening and unrelenting. This case has to go all the way. There is so much more to it than just the murder of a 20 year old man.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wil...der-of-jamie-goa/story-fnii5s3z-1226954563940

Will a gun club shed light on the murder of Jamie Gao?

VIDEO footage from a Sydney pub, and weapons held at a local gun club, are being investigated for vital clues to the murder of drug *dealer Jamie Gao.

Detectives trying to establish whether Gao knew one of his accused murderers, former policeman Glen McNamara, are believed to have asked a hotel at Hurstville, in Sydney’s southwest, to hand over four weeks of CCTV footage.

From the same link as above: Sources close to Rogerson claim the same CCTV footage that police expect will help convict him will in fact clear him of involvement in the May 21 shooting.

It appears to me that Rogerson will try to prove that it was McNamara who had the motive and the gun and used it and he was just there for "support".

I had been wondering whether Jamie owned a gun himself for protection otherwise he was very brave going off with McNamara alone. Gao must have trusted McNamara.

I wonder if Gao pulled out his gun to protect himself inside the storage facility but then McNamara pulled out his and fired first with Rogerson looking on. In this case, would Rogerson only be an accessory to the crime?

From the same link as above:

It appears to me that Rogerson will try to prove that it was McNamara who had the motive and the gun and used it and he was just there for "support".

The article actually says:

A club spokesperson *refused to comment on McNamara’s alleged links to the club, or to confirm that police had contacted them.

“I don’t think he ever had a gun,’’ the spokeswoman said. “And that is all I am telling you. Don’t ring back.’’

Since a gun hasn't been found they can say Gao had the gun and pulled it on them, they wrestled it off him, and used it to shoot him, then went ahead and hid the body because they were in the middle of an illegal transaction.

they can say Gao had the gun and pulled it on them, they wrestled it off him, and used it to shoot him,

This COULD actually be what happened. There is no way they planned to murder Gao. (CCTV etc) They were not stupid cops, this must have been something unexpected. But a 20 year old might not have thought of CCTV. He might have thought, "I can take the money and keep the ice, the old guy (Codger Codgerson) can barely walk and the overweight guy (Glen Fatnamara) will be too slow."

But if corruption is involved, it will most likely be ruled a suicide.

Since a gun hasn't been found they can say Gao had the gun and pulled it on them, they wrestled it off him, and used it to shoot him, then went ahead and hid the body because they were in the middle of an illegal transaction.

Jamie was sitting down when he was shot - so that's more like an execution if that's the case.
Even if Jamie had a gun and they got it off him Jamie was no longer a lethal threat - Jamie couldn't have attacked both of them while sitting on an office chair - they didn't have to murder him if they had got the gun - They cant scream self defense.
They cant even say he shot himself - the point of entry angle and the body wont tell that story.

Just a thought...
Im not sure Rogerson could say Gao was shot before he entered the Storage Unit either, as the unit roller door was open - a shot would have been heard - I think RR would at least have acted surprised/shocked/taken cover? He would not have known who shot who - Unless a shooting was imminent - it was Rogerson who pulled the roller door down after he entered.

All 3 of them would have had to have been in the Storage Unit at the time of the murder - with the roller door down.

Jamie was sitting down when he was shot - so that's more like an execution if that's the case.
Even if Jamie had a gun and they got it off him Jamie was no longer a lethal threat - Jamie couldn't have attacked both of them while sitting on an office chair - they didn't have to murder him if they had got the gun - They cant scream self defense.
They cant even say he shot himself - the point of entry angle and the body wont tell that story.

Just a thought...
Im not sure Rogerson could say Gao was shot before he entered the Storage Unit either, as the unit roller door was open - a shot would have been heard - I think RR would at least have acted surprised/shocked/taken cover? He would not have known who shot who - Unless a shooting was imminent - it was Rogerson who pulled the roller door down after he entered.

All 3 of them would have had to have been in the Storage Unit at the time of the murder - with the roller door down.

I think it's likely they'll try it or similar .. I don't think it happened that way for a second, just tossing out possible arguments they could use, credible or not. The only people who know what went on in that storage unit are Rogerson and McNamara, all the police have is the body and the pathway of the bullet .. since it doesn't look like they're going to plead guilty it should be an interesting trial :)

I think it's likely they'll try it or similar .. I don't think it happened that way for a second, just tossing out possible arguments they could use, credible or not. The only people who know what went on in that storage unit are Rogerson and McNamara, all the police have is the body and the pathway of the bullet .. since it doesn't look like they're going to plead guilty it should be an interesting trial :)

Agreed - the stories should be interesting indeed.
And I noticed in the recent article that in jail - The two are separated by a single cell.

I think I feel a cartoon coming on...
:)

LOL .. they should have put them next to each other with a nice vent with listening device :)

Rogerson’s third jail stint has been uncomfortable, with the former police pin-up boy placed on suicide watch on his first night and left in an empty cell without even a blanket. Rogerson was given books and a TV last week, but has complained about not having a heater.

The 72-year-old, who is locked in his cell for up to 23 hours a day, has been wrapping himself in a single blanket he has since been allowed.

:boohoo:

Respectfully snipped by me...
FigTree said:
And I noticed in the recent article that in jail - The two are separated by a single cell.
LOL .. they should have put them next to each other with a nice vent with listening device :).[/I]
:boohoo:

Maybe something like this...
You have to imagine the bars are there ;)

picture.php

Cant draw - got inspiration from Daniel Lalic

Does anyone know much about attending these types of trials? There will be an open public gallery that anyone can attend? I'd love to be in the court to watch this first hand. Anyone know where this trial will be held? Also, is there any info yet on who the crown prosecutor will be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back