GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Read More:

Gao was shot twice in the chest with a pistol at point blank range in what police believe was an ambush.

An ambush?
That makes it almost sound as if Gao didnt know these cowboys, or he wasn't expecting these two to turn up.

Unit 803 was rented within the last few months by a third party, who police believe is not connected to the murder.

Looks like they may not name the person who leased the Storage facility.

These storage places are not very sound proof at all - they are basically a stack of metal boxes with brick outter structure - and sound echoes in them badly - you can hear through the brick walls.
I wonder why nothing was heard - 2 gun shots in a big tin shed.
Im thinking they used a silencer on the gun.

If he was shot in the chest - was there a brick wall behind him - because there should be some evidence of bullets passing into the metal walls if not and he was standing up - unless he was lying down.

They took one hell of a chance with not being heard.

It does sound like he didn't expect them to be inside the storage shed when he walked in, perhaps he thought he was just leaving the parcel there, imagine opening the door and seeing the storage unit covered in plastic and two old gansters (erm, I mean ex-detectives) emerging from the darkness?

This reminds me of the murder of Christopher Dale Flannery ..

Christopher Dale Flannery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 6 June 1997, New South Wales State Coroner Greg Glass handed down the finding that Flannery was murdered most probably on or about 9 May 1985. Glass also found that the key to solving the murder lay with a former New South Wales Police Force detective-sergeant, Roger Rogerson.[15] On 22 February 2004, Rogerson told the Australian television program Sunday programme, "Flannery was a complete pest. The guys up here in Sydney tried to settle him down. They tried to look after him as best they could, but he was, I believe, out of control. Maybe it was the Melbourne instinct coming out of him. He didn't want to do as he was told, he was out of control, and having overstepped that line, well, I suppose they said he had to go but I can assure you I had nothing to do with it."[16] Flannery left a wife and two children.[17]

Oh that's interesting, look who's name just popped up!

“In light of the incorrect assertions in the media in relation to Mr Gao and growing public speculation, I am taking the unusual step of confirming that Mr Gao was not an informant for the Australian Crime Commission,” the statement said.

^^ yeah I bet, nobody wants to spook all the other informants ..

Yes, I agree. If he was an informant, I can't imagine the Police would admit to it (at least not this early on anyway).

At first, I though maybe he was. I was thinking that perhaps the police knew the meeting place and storage units were covered with CCTV cameras and it was just a simple drug transaction, therefore he would be 'safe' (i.e. no-one would be so bold as to kill him during the day, with cameras around).

I'm not sure now though...

Regardless, I do think the Police would have definitely suspected/known that those two were involved in drug dealing, given their history and the large quantity involved.

"He told friends he was going to meet a man named 'Glen' to supply him with crystal meth."

"The drugs were allegedly recovered in the white station wagon when police searched the car park at McNamara's Cronulla address."

http://media.theage.com.au/news/national-news/jamie-gaos-last-moments-on-cctv-5465606.html

I still can't believe how stupidly the two seem to have acted. How can former police officers be so oblivious of CCTV cameras, evidence left in the own car days after the murder was commited, "improper" disposal of their victim and even use their real name when arranging to meet the victim?

Detectives are looking into a possible connection to a massive drug seizure involving Chinese students in Auburn the same day Mr Gao died.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pla...-gao-murder-case/story-fncynjr2-1226935188566

Police have arrested seven Chinese nationals on student visas and seized close to 60 kilograms of 'Ice' precursor following a task force investigation into a drug syndicate in the western Sydney suburb of Auburn.

The alleged drug runners operating out of several suburbs in Sydney's west are linked to a 'high risk serious and organised crime syndicate' and more arrests are expected in days following a 42kg seizure of pseudoephedrine in a sea freight ship from China.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-running-Sydney-suburbs.html#ixzz333gERrMu

How long before the meeting with 'Glen' did Jamie know he was meeting him? Any chance he got the blame for the drug busts, or knew too much about it?

Detectives are looking into a possible connection to a massive drug seizure involving Chinese students in Auburn the same day Mr Gao died.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pla...-gao-murder-case/story-fncynjr2-1226935188566

Police have arrested seven Chinese nationals on student visas and seized close to 60 kilograms of 'Ice' precursor following a task force investigation into a drug syndicate in the western Sydney suburb of Auburn.

The alleged drug runners operating out of several suburbs in Sydney's west are linked to a 'high risk serious and organised crime syndicate' and more arrests are expected in days following a 42kg seizure of pseudoephedrine in a sea freight ship from China.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-running-Sydney-suburbs.html#ixzz333gERrMu

Does anyone know if the 2 Asian guys that were seen with Gao were in the group that got arrested? Quite a coinky dinky, huh??
In my overactive mind, all of this is connected and part of the same task force investigation. Of course, I don't expect anyone in LE to admit that fact. :banghead:

Court documents reveal that, at the time of his murder, Jamie Gao was facing two charges: taking and detain in company with intent to occasion actual bodily harm and conspiracy to commit assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Gao was arrested on March 22 and charged with the kidnapping offence and granted police bail.

He hadn’t entered a plea to either charge, both of which involved two juvenile co-accused.

Documents before the court allege Gao “did, without consent, take and detain Jaiwei Yu … [and] occasioned actual bodily harm.”

The assault charge involves a separate alleged victim, but details of his injuries aren’t listed on police charge sheets.

Gao had been due to face court again on July 10.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...charges-revealed/story-fnii5s3x-1226935341546

News.com Read More:
They are also investigating claims he was a lower level drug dealer around the area’s clubs and hotels.

What time was the bust in Auburn? Was it prior to Gao's murder, or after?
I wonder if RR and McNamara had dealings with anything related to that.

News.com Read More:

What time was the bust in Auburn? Was it prior to Gao's murder, or after?
I wonder if RR and McNamara had dealings with anything related to that.

The raid was at Midday so not long at all before Jamies murder

from the link I posted above under one of the photo's

Midday raid: Months of investigation into the alleged Sydney drug syndicate by a joint task force of federal and state police and customs culminated in the arrest (above) of seven Chinese nationals, including four men aged between 22 and 24 years old who have been charged with the supply of a large commercial quantity of prohibited drugs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-running-Sydney-suburbs.html#ixzz335hcVtUw

also from the link above

Led away: The seven arrests by the Organised Crime Squad in the Sydney suburb of Auburn have led to four men being charged with commercial drug supply. More arrests are expected in the coming days.

I have so many questions that I'll probably never get answered. So RR and GM had been acting as debt collectors, although RR also has a history of mingling in the drug dealing scene from way back? What were they on the day Jamie they murdered Jamie? Debt collectors or drug dealers? Police allege RR and GM laid down plastic to keep the scene clean, implying they went there with the intention to kill Jamie. That sounds more their debt collection business than drug dealing, yeah?

Have I understood this correctly - two men (guys in the car?) came back and moved Jamie's car after he was murdered. So did they know he had been murdered? I'd say they'd only come back and move the car if they were involved somehow. Oh man, I said I thought this wasn't planned but now I have no idea.

Just some observations from an outsider ('merican) looking in.

1. Did not know corruption was so rampant in LE down under.
2. Storage facilities are used for drug deals there. We use ours for storing our excess stuff.
3. 'Cannot confirm or deny' is universal for :cow:
4. This Roger Dodger guy should be in a retirement home, not arranging drug deals.
5. Gao could have been an informant, in over his head or a wannabe gang banger.
6. Ironic that Mr. Dodger's attorney was indignant about how LE arrested his client. Someone call a waaaambulance.
:boohoo:
7. Did not know corruption was so rampant in LE down under. Had to say it twice, because I really did not know this.

Look forward to more details being released. Thanks to all for the updates.
:seeya:

To be fair, I think a lot of the corruption has been cleaned up in the last decade. There are checks and balances now, like the Police Integrity Commission. However, the police forces in Victoria, NSW and Queensland have a pretty notorious history of corruption and an 'old boy's club' mentality. I remember nearly 15 years ago when the St Kilda police station was raided and guns, cash and drugs were found hidden in the ceilings. Public perception of the police has changed to be more positive too. That's my impression anyway, having grown up with the view that police were generally seen as suspicious.

If you have a few hours to spare, the TV miniseries Blue Murder is on Youtube. Roger Rogerson is one of the main characters portrayed, and it's pretty decent viewing. I do like Richard Roxburgh though :blushing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_HLOJ1hM0

I have so many questions that I'll probably never get answered. So RR and GM had been acting as debt collectors, although RR also has a history of mingling in the drug dealing scene from way back? What were they on the day Jamie they murdered Jamie? Debt collectors or drug dealers? Police allege RR and GM laid down plastic to keep the scene clean, implying they went there with the intention to kill Jamie. That sounds more their debt collection business than drug dealing, yeah?

Have I understood this correctly - two men (guys in the car?) came back and moved Jamie's car after he was murdered. So did they know he had been murdered? I'd say they'd only come back and move the car if they were involved somehow. Oh man, I said I thought this wasn't planned but now I have no idea.

I think Jamie's murder was both part of drug dealing and debt collecting, kwim? I didn't realize the drug bust was before the execution. So yeah, this was planned, IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: 'The day I was kidnapped and beaten by Jamie Gao': Teen reveals terrifying 90-minute abduction at the hands of murdered Sydney student

The man abducted by murdered student Jamie Gao in January has revealed for the first time his terrifying ordeal after being kidnapped, taken to a park and bashed in the head and chest.

Gao had been called in as an enforcer to 'get revenge' on 18-year-old Alex Li on behalf of a female friend, who had been dumped by the victim's flatmate, the intended target of the assault.

But when Gao, who was accompanied two teenage associates, arrived at the flat at Carlton in Sydney's south on January 9, Mr Li was not at home – so he abducted Jaiwei Yu, 19, instead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apping-assault-week-murder.html#ixzz3362oRHmR

Who knew dumping a girl could get your flat mate kidnapped and bashed? This still sounds like wannabe activity to me UNTIL you get to the exchange of 3 million dollars worth of meth, then the landscape changes .. The plastic tarp in the storage shed = pre planned hit, it also falls into the MO of crimes Rogerson committed for other gangsters (unproven) back in the day. So were Rogerson & McNamara hired by someone to sort out the Jamie problem (knowing too much, poss informant?) or did they just plan on stealing the drugs he had on him since whoever would have been behind the drug shipment had bigger problems on their hands with the lunchtime raids? I don't think we'll be satisfied with a conviction of murder here, as there is clearly a lot more to this story.

Either way you look at it, someone inside the force is passing on information because McNamara rang Jamie at 11am BEFORE the raids. If the issue was 'talking' or 'knowing too much' there's another corruption issue, the only way this doesn't go further is if Rogerson and McNamara simply wanted to steal the drugs and not pay, AND the drugs are shown to be of a different composition to the raid drugs, if the drugs are the same, then when did they line the shed with plastic .. Before the raids or after?

With all the systemic corruption in the drug squad over the years there'll be a few questions to answer here. Personally I don't think the squad is clean by any stretch.

I think Jamie's murder was both part of drug dealing and debt collecting, kwim? I didn't realize the drug bust was before the execution. So yeah, this was planned, IMO.

Why kill Gao though - they could have taken the drugs without killing him. They could have ruffled his feathers enough for him to go underground - but to kill him was something else. Did Gao work for Rogerson and McNamara?
I can see them punishing one of their own - but to take out someone from another syndicate would be upping the anti.

I cant see RR and McNamara working for those 'friends' of Gao's - but I can see those friends working for RR & McNamara.
I think the friends set Gao up on behalf of RR and McNamara - and were told to go back and get rid of the car. Otherwise why would they have moved it at all after the fact if they thought Gao was alive and coming back to get his own car. Sounds like they knew Gao was dead. Did they find out from RR and McNamara that the job was done so 'get rid of the car'.

Having a plastic lined storage unit ready beforehand says it was planned. And to have the gall to come back and clean it up seems to me that they felt fairly secure enough that it was business as usual - or that their as*es were covered already.
Actually it almost seems that they felt that their as*es were covered the entire time of this crime.
There has to be more people involved in this than just Dodgy Roger and McNamara.

Same with taking out McNamara's boat to Cronulla to dump the body at sea. That's brazen.

Why leave $3mil worth of drugs in the back of the car? For a pickup?

If there was forewarning about the Auburn bust through the channels - then there is a leak in the system.

Oh yes, I think the 'friends' knew he was dead too, they had his keys, phone, and wallet to leave by the car, items Jamie would have had on him when he was killed. Def setup, def preplanned, would McNamara and Rogerson risk crossing Jamie's boss by stealing 3 million dollars worth of drugs off him and killing him unless it was all a setup .. Not likely. For some reason Jamie was marked for death, for all we know the drugs he had on him were either payment or just an excuse for a meet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back