GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'He wasn't some lowly delivery boy': Police monitored Jamie Gao for THREE YEARS before Sydney student was murdered after botched drug deal

'No syndicate is going to trust some underling with 3kg of gear and you don't get trusted with that much for your first deal.'

It is believed Mr Gao was caught up in a Hong Kong-based Asian organised crime group, at the same time as living an active social life and being loved-up with his new girlfriend.

Meanwhile, a 19-year-old friend of Mr Gao's, who had lunch with him the day before he was murdered, told MailOnline his involvement in a drug deal seemed completely out of character, describing him as a 'nice guy' who was swayed by peer pressure.

'People say he's dealing drugs and he's bad. But his intention is not to be bad,' she said.

'He doesn't do anything on purpose to hurt anyone, I think he was just persuaded by his friends and by peer pressure.'

'He doesn't tell us about all the stuff he does,' she said.

'He does tell us about his private life, family and girlfriend but not about the illegal stuff.'

This comment really is so transparent, so she knows nothing about it, but she knows he 'doesn't tell us about the stuff he does'? OK then.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murdered-botched-drug-deal.html#ixzz33KjO2HdT

Thank god for the Daily Mail, since I can't read any more Daily Telegraph articles this week.

According to authorities, the two Hong Kong men may hold important clues as to why a student with no prior record of drug offences was in possession - and selling - a 3.1kg consignment of methamphetamine.

I guess we can answer this one now, just because he had no prior record, doesn't mean he didn't have a lot of experience .. if it's true that Jamie was the importer, then these guys were HIS staff.

Wholesale?
Then I suppose you can leave it on the back seat of your car. :facepalm:

Apparently its only a small portion of what is reported as to be coming in to the country...

Hong Kong News. Read More
In March last year, Australian authorities arrested 51-year-old Hongkonger Cheung Tuen following the seizure of a record 600kg meth shipment sent to Sydney from Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Less than three months later, two Hong Kong men were nabbed in Sydney following another huge bust.
A report by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime last week pointed to record global meth seizures, with demand in Asia fuelling the binge.

Wondered - did they find Jamies bag he took with him to the Storage Unit?

Mrs G Norris said:
Thank god for the Daily Mail, since I can't read any more Daily Telegraph articles this week.

Clear your history - cookies.
Then you're back on board.
:)

Hey look, Rogerson DROVE back to Sydney ..

But those detectives are now on a flight back to Sydney, with suggestions Mr Rogerson drove south overnight.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/roger-rog...-gao-murder-20140527-zrpb4.html#ixzz33KrhKmHK

Now, why on earth would you go to QLD as part of a speaking tour and decide that flying, you know .. that really is such a pain, I think I'll take the car instead .. ?

Or did he fly up and just drive back in someone elses care .. possibly a hire?

Hey look, Rogerson DROVE back to Sydney ..

But those detectives are now on a flight back to Sydney, with suggestions Mr Rogerson drove south overnight.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/roger-rog...-gao-murder-20140527-zrpb4.html#ixzz33KrhKmHK

Now, why on earth would you go to QLD as part of a speaking tour and decide that flying, you know .. that really is such a pain, I think I'll take the car instead .. ?

He probably didn't want to go to the airport with all the press waiting for him, he also wanted to speak to his lawyer prior to being arrested.

I think he was trying to avoid everyone until he was ready to hand himself in.

Jamie Gao: The shocking discovery that left cops shaken

IT was probably the most extraordinary moment in the painstaking investigation into the murder of student Jamie Gao. There, in a bag hidden under the driver’s seat of a white station wagon in which Gao was allegedly last seen alive, was 3kg of the drug ice.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...left-cops-shaken/story-fni0cx4q-1226938455360

Unreal.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...left-cops-shaken/story-e6freon6-1226938455360

Some interesting info in this article. The meth, although the street value was 3.1 million, was to be exchanged at the meeting for 'hundreds of thousands of dollars'. Also, the police secretly enter the secure car park at Glen McNamarra's residence 'while he was sleeping, and couldn't believe the drugs were sitting in his car'. When McNamarra realizes the police are on to him, he calls Rogerson and he visits an 'inmate in Cooma prison' - ??.

Thanks Monty that clears up a lot of questions .. seems this really was just a murder / robbery, and Jamie was chosen because of bad business practices. Not only was he breaking cardinal safety rules, but he was talking excitedly to friends about the upcoming deal. I guess Rogerson and McNamara didn't factor in a few investigative tools, and saw Jamie as an easy target. Very sad, no matter what he was mixed up in, Jamie certainly didn't deserve to die in such a horrible manner.

Yes, very interested to hear who is behing the HK syndicate.

Also from that article, Police say, 'Gao broke the underworlds universal rule of drug dealing:

the drugs never go to the money. The money always comes to the drugs. It's clear Gao

trusted who he was dealing with.'

I'm starting to wonder whether at least part of the story might be made up by crooks inside the police force to pay back GM and to make him quiet forever. I mean, I'm all new to WS and I'm not experienced at all but all the 'facts' about the crime we are given by the media just fit too nicely together to be true. On the other hand, they suggest that two former seasoned cops, that couldn't be more different from each other, all of a sudden became partners in a debt collecting business and then of a drug deal and murder that has been conducted with such an obvious stupidity that it's hair raising.

I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, RR would walk away as a free man while GM would stay in prison for the biggest part of the rest of his life.

There's a lot about all this which just doesn't seem.. right. I agree.

Under the front seat or not, what sort of addle-pated baboon leaves the drugs in his --car-- for days on end?

Slip-ups, I can allow for, maybe even the odd missed CCTV. But I tend to agree with you- the sheer volume of stupidity here, okay *maybe* you'd expect that from a young one like Jamie, 'experienced' or not, he's just 21... fooled by a smooth-talking old guy into breaking the -most- basic rules of drug dealing, with terrible consequences.

But add his mistakes to those of the other two, and it'd be a comedy if it wasn't real. Just seems a bit too much stupid all in one place, from people who you would expect to have sharper wits about them, all round.

And there's not many cases where I see a whole thread peppered this much with eyeballings and funny feelings from the get-go. Usually, that happens when something really isn't 'right', beyond the actual murder itself.

So you're not alone, there. Smells funny to me too.

Re the revelation that Jamie was 'experienced' - I'm half surprised, and half not.

What a long way this story has come, from "innocent A+ asian student murdered!" to "experienced drug dealer killed in rip off with crooked ex cops"

I swear, if Rogerson ever sees the light of day again there'll be hell to pay.

It will be interesting if Mr Tedeschi prosecutes this case:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/state-prosecutors-reasoning-in-wood-trial-dangerous-20120224-1ttq9.html

Mr Tedeschi came under review for his role in the prosecution of former police officer - now solicitor - Paul Kenny, in the late 1980s. Mr Kenny was charged, but found not guilty, of perverting the course of justice. Eventually, a review of the cases by a former judge found witnesses had given false evidence against Mr Kenny but ruled allegations that one witness had been induced by Mr Tedeschi and another prosecutor to give a false statement against Mr Kenny were false. While John Nader, QC, argued that Mr Tedeschi overstated the case against Mr Kenny, he said he had not breached standards of competence or ethics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-Sydney-university-student-Jamie-Gao.html

Mr Kenny (RR lawyer): "Rogerson was not very well off financially, and he's been doing it

pretty difficult for some time".

Sydney identity Jim Byrnes told 2UE: "Rogerson would be at best an accessory, an

accessory after the fact".

I can't wait to find out how these two will plead, given all the evidence and Rogerson's M.O to never admit guilt.

OMG Jim Byrnes, isn't he the 'colourful Sydney identity' Rogerson was doing so much 'debt collecting' for? Guess what, he's also the one that put it out there that Jamie might be a police informant ..

Colourful business identity Jim Byrnes believes Mr Gao may have been a police informant working under surveillance when a drug deal went wrong.

“The information gathered by police ... which has come to light in such a rapid manner would suggest somebody was already watching,” he said. ‘‘I think the 20-year-old may have been an informant.’’

Police sources have told Fairfax Media that Mr Gao was not an informant.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/roger-rog...-gao-murder-20140527-zrpb4.html#ixzz33LqiMbM6

What, did the defense hire him as a PR spokesperson or something or did he just take this role on himself, not doing his good mate Rogerson any favours anyway, cue world's smallest violin again :boohoo:

Regardless all this smearing of the deceased, and pity for the accused is somehow supposed to sway public opinion in favour of Rogerson, but that horse has long bolted.

I think Rogerson will plead 'Have I got a deal for you!' ..

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...left-cops-shaken/story-e6freon6-1226938455360

Some interesting info in this article. The meth, although the street value was 3.1 million, was to be exchanged at the meeting for 'hundreds of thousands of dollars'. Also, the police secretly enter the secure car park at Glen McNamarra's residence 'while he was sleeping, and couldn't believe the drugs were sitting in his car'. When McNamarra realizes the police are on to him, he calls Rogerson and he visits an 'inmate in Cooma prison' - ??.

I hate it how the media report the value of drugs as the street value. It's so misleading and I always fall for it. It makes it sound like 3 million dollars was supposed to be exchanged that day. In fact, probably no one would make 3 million off that package after it gets divvied up and sold on however many times before it hits the streets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back