GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just a reminder of what Cooma prison is all about:

The Centre is a minimum and medium security institution for inmates held in protective custody, such as former police officers,[4] prison officers and other high-profile inmates, who would be at risk in the general prison system.

Cooma Correctional Centre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So WHO in Cooma is SO important that McN would drive all the way there (410 KM) to make a visit, on the dawning of the day the car is removed and he --knows-- he's nicked for murder?

I think the cops knew all about this visit, either on the day or prior. Why else let a murder suspect fluff off across the state?

Just another piece of a huge puzzle that's hard to see when looking at only a few pieces of sky.

Just a reminder of what Cooma prison is all about:

The Centre is a minimum and medium security institution for inmates held in protective custody, such as former police officers,[4] prison officers and other high-profile inmates, who would be at risk in the general prison system.

Cooma Correctional Centre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So WHO in Cooma is SO important that McN would drive all the way there (410 KM) to make a visit, on the dawning of the day the car is removed and he --knows-- he's nicked for murder?

I think the cops knew all about this visit, either on the day or prior. Why else let a murder suspect fluff off across the state?

Just another piece of a huge puzzle that's hard to see when looking at only a few pieces of sky.

Isn't it the day after Ausgirl? I thought the vehicle was taken by NSWPF on Saturday morning, and he went to Cooma on Sunday.

I forget who posted it (and my apologies to them) but somebody suggested earlier that GM may have actually been INVITED to Cooma for a visit. This seems to fit very well with the police executing a (covert?) warrant on his residential premises on Sunday morning in his absence. It's all too convenient. GM is taken away for at least 8hrs on business (Cooma and back) and the police have the place to themselves to search while he's gone.

REMEMBER: This is happening on Sunday. RR is interstate, and From all reports the cops don't know where he is exactly. This presents a problem for them. If they execute a warrant and GM gets word to RR about it, then finding Roger becomes a nightmare. Finding someone on the run is tricky enough, but finding somebody on the run, when you don't even know where they were when they started running, is a detectives worst nightmare. SO... executing the warrant in secret is essential to the overall success of the operation.

How do the NSWPF execute this warrant in stealth? They arrange for GM to take a four hour drive, hang out in Cooma for an hour or two, and then drive four hours home.

Do they arrest him Sunday morning? Nope.
Do they arrest him at Cooma? No, although he's surely under surveillance
So where do they arrest him? When he's almost back home, by pulling his vehicle over on the road.

In doing so, they've just bought themselves 10 hours in which to work on finding RR. Mind you, didn't seem to do them much good...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it C. Raymond Shuey? Raymond C.?

If you mean the Victorian Assist Commissioner Ray Shuey - don't think it's him. He worked for VicPol for 40+ years IIRC - so doubtful he was ever in NSWPol

I've searched: Shue, Schue, Shuh and Schuey - nothing but Ray came up so far.

I've searched: Shue, Schue, Shuh and Schuey - nothing but Ray came up so far.

Me too - lol.

The difference is the 'c' in Schuey. And at one stage he was Assistant Commissioner of Police, according to GM's book. Only for interest sake.

But interesting to note that GM also worked for National Crime Authority.

Vulnerable people from students to gamblers are being recruited by organised crime | News.com.au

A BRUTAL killing, a very public arrest and two high profile former detectives charged with murder — just how did Jamie Gao get caught up in such a dangerous world?

It’s a question that has had Australians talking for days ... but police are in no way shocked that a vulnerable young man could end up the victim of such a shocking crime.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...-organised-crime/story-fncynjr2-1226943250152

What have they changed tact again? Now Jamie is a vulnerable immigrant.

I wonder what they're actually alerting to?

Regarding Jamie's kidnapping and assault charge...
It sounds very much like Gao was a 'standover man for hire' with '' written all over it.
Not a lot different than the people he met on the day of his murder.

Gao had been called in as an enforcer to 'get revenge'

In black and white terms - Gao took on a job - enlists 2 others to help him - intimidates, assaults and kidnaps a teenager to extract information from him (in revenge).

Bungle?: He kidnapped Jaiwei Yu instead of the target: Alex Li.

All this over a girl?
Who in the world kidnaps the wrong person?
Another fantastic 'bungle'?
Was this actually over drugs or money - as well?

Daily Telegraph. Read More:
When Mr Gao and his two friends arrived at the apartment they lured Mr Yu, who came to Australia from Guandong Province, China five years ago, onto the street before forcing him into the car and taking off. Mr Yu, who said he was not a student and did not currently have a job, refused to say whether Mr Gao was armed.

DailyTelegraph. Read More:

• Gao was arrested on March 22 and charged with the kidnapping offence and granted police bail.
  • Gao stood accused of kidnapping a young man with two others at Carlton in Sydney’s south.
  • Gao allegedly forced the victim into a car and detained him in a bid to get information about a relationship breakdown in January.

Police said the incident was a purely “domestic situation”.
“He did a stupid thing over a girl.
There is nothing in his record suggesting involvement in drugs,” the detective said.
There maybe nothing on his record to suggest he was a and standover man either - but he was certainly on the Police radar for drugs - for 3 years.
I would also assume he would also had involvement with McNamara during this time?

So where do they arrest him? When he's almost back home, by pulling his vehicle over on the road.

In doing so, they've just bought themselves 10 hours in which to work on finding RR. Mind you, didn't seem to do them much good...

Respectfully snipped by me -
Additional to getting him out of the house:
They may also have needed to see if McNamara was going to dispose of a weapon (or any evidence) on the way - or catch up somewhere with Rogerson on the road - spill information to someone at Cooma - so, they get him out of the house by invitation - force his hand with a window of opportunity for the three things - tail him there and back - arrest him on home ground when they're positive its all over.

Yeah, the whole 'kidnap over a girl' thing made me LOL a bit.

Anyway, searching for "Schuey" has turned up some interesting links, I'll just throw them down here for reference:

Roger is a polite, courteous, gentlemanly old fellow these days ... but I'm never going fishing with him. - Mark "Chopper" Read

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/roger-rogerson-telling-it-straight-20140526-38ybc.html#ixzz33gDOut9l

Something on a corrupt former partner: https://www.greenleft.org.au/node/2543

http://netk.net.au/Whitton/Worms2.asp

https://www.crimecommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/annual_report_0405_report_on_performance.pdf

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article126963164

A ton of old articles on Trove:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q=police+rogerson+corruption&sortby=dateAsc&s=60

When people think of “supply” they usually only consider the situation where a person (such as a drug dealer) sells a drug to another. However, money exchanging hands is not an element of the offence and someone can be guilty of supplying a drug just by giving it to someone else. Further, buying a drug for someone else, or gathering money together with others and then purchasing the drugs and splitting them can be considered supply.

A person can also be charged with supply if they are charged with possession of a prohibited drug and the weight is such that it is “deemed” to be for supply; even if there has not been a transaction of drugs passing from the person to another. There are certain weight amounts for different drugs, where the courts ‘deem’ them to be for supply. You can read more about these amounts in our criminal law articles.

http://www.primelawyers.com.au/Publication-1098-Supply_Offences.aspx

Thanks for the link Amee :seeya:

Chart below from Prime Lawyers:

picture.php

More than Commercial Quantity
If the drug is cannabis plant or leaf the maximum penalty is $385 000 and/or 15 years imprisonment.
If the drug is not cannabis plant or leaf, the maximum penalty is $385 000 and/or 20 years imprisonment.

More than Large Commercial Quantity
If the drug is cannabis plant or leaf the maximum penalty is $550 000 and/or 20 years imprisonment.
If the drug is not cannabis plant or leaf, the maximum penalty is $550 000 and/or life imprisonment.

Though somehow I don't think this is going to be just another drug murder court case. I think they have already thrown the book out the window on most of this case ...

Do they arrest him Sunday morning? Nope.

By George, I think you might have nailed down another bit of the puzzle there. Good thinking!

OT Post!!! Sorry. But as this the current hot topic for Aussies, I thought I'd plug the Aussie thread, which I made as a place for us to discuss non-crime Aussie matters and other chitchat.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Do drop by and say hi. :)

BTW If someone asked me in a court of Law if I saw Jamie Gao on that video, I would have to say I think I see some people, possibly male, possibly asian... one of these men walks to a car, of an unidentifiable person.

But it wasn’t until Sunday morning that McNamara discovered the car was gone, triggering a flurry of panicked calls to his alleged accomplice, disgraced former police detective Roger Rogerson. A short time later, McNamara drove to Cooma prison, in southern NSW, to visit an inmate.

For the next five days detectives worked around the clock, gathering an abundance of evidence from CCTV, forensics, phone-tracking data and intercepted phone calls.

Detectives will now focus their attention on vital missing pieces of the puzzle, including the whereabouts of the Hong Kong nationals and who is behind the Hong Kong syndicate that supplied the drugs.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...left-cops-shaken/story-fni0cx4q-1226938455360

actually I will make one final comment. the only thing I know for sure is that none of this adds up.

actually I will make one final comment. the only thing I know for sure is that none of this adds up.

What a pity you don't want to post, Ivana. But thanks for doing so, even briefly.

I agree with you. Though tiny pieces are looking more like sense, like the thing about the drive to Cooma -- if it can be conformed 100% that McN was invited there? Then st jude might have cracked the WHY of that trip. Awesome.

Anyway, I do hope you feel okay to come back some time. :)

Anyway, I do hope you feel okay to come back some time. :)

Thanks, Ausgirl. I like solving lateral thinking puzzles, but haven't tried to solve these sort of puzzles. My concern is it legal to publicly speculate on a case yet to be heard? Can someone let me know?

I notice in the acknowledgments of GM's book, that he thanks RR for invaluable information.
He has helped before, maybe was going to give more invaluable information.
Maybe not.

Thanks, Ausgirl. I like solving lateral thinking puzzles, but haven't tried to solve these sort of puzzles. My concern is it legal to publicly speculate on a case yet to be heard? Can someone let me know?

I notice in the acknowledgments of GM's book, that he thanks RR. He has helped before, maybe was going to again. Maybe not.

Ivana NGO....WS (Websleuths) is a moderated forum.

It is fine to discuss & speculate to a degree on what is known to us via media & police reports.

We have a list of rules which all members are asked to read & follow....

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman