Australia Australia - Janine Vaughan, 31, Bathurst, NSW, 7 Dec 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hosemans may have returned

I hadn’t seen this article posted and just started reading about this case.

Bump for Janine
one word CUNNING

Detectives don't 'suddenly' find 'forgotten' receipts.

A blatent misalignment of truths.
Exactly what one would expect from a professional equipped with knowledge on making evidence fit.:mad:o_O

moo

one word CUNNING

Detectives don't 'suddenly' find 'forgotten' receipts.

A blatent misalignment of truths.
Exactly what one would expect from a professional equipped with knowledge on making evidence fit.:mad:o_O

moo

There is so much that is wrong with the way this case was handled initially K-mac :(

You can you imagine how frustrating & angry the family are :mad:

It's about time that the full story will be told & who better than Hedley to do it :)

There is so much that is wrong with the way this case was handled initially K-mac :(

You can you imagine how frustrating & angry the family are :mad:

It's about time that the full story will be told & who better than Hedley to do it :)
I can't imagine Doc :eek:

I only had time to look at that one link and that alone was mind blowing....:mad::mad:

Night Driver podcast: On a mission to find Janine’s killer

NoCookies | The Australian

"It is the split-second decision that cost a young woman her life, forever shattered those of her family and closest friends, and sparked one of the nation’s most perplexing homicide investigations.
Even two decades and two police strike forces on, authorities are still baffled by what happened to Janine Vaughan after a night out clubbing with friends in Bathurst, three hours’ drive west of Sydney, in December 2001.
The 31-year-old was seen getting into a red car near the popular Metro Tavern nightspot on one of the city’s main streets shortly before 4am, and then she vanished into the night. Janine was never heard from again"

I don't think it's a great idea to restrict the podcast to only subscribers if they want to get as many people as possible to listen to it.
I know that the rest of us non sunscribers can eventually hear it but I think it will be confusing and a turn off to a lot of people.
In my opinion not a good way to go. I hope The Lady Vanishes doesn't go that route.

Last edited:

"It is the split-second decision that cost a young woman her life, forever shattered those of her family and closest friends, and sparked one of the nation’s most perplexing homicide investigations.
Even two decades and two police strike forces on, authorities are still baffled by what happened to Janine Vaughan after a night out clubbing with friends in Bathurst, three hours’ drive west of Sydney, in December 2001.
The 31-year-old was seen getting into a red car near the popular Metro Tavern nightspot on one of the city’s main streets shortly before 4am, and then she vanished into the night. Janine was never heard from again"

Tootsie, my understanding is that the podcast will be available to everyone, but subscribers to the Australian will get early access ?

I don't think it's a great idea to restrict the podcast to only subscribers if they want to get as many people as possible to listen to it.
I know that the rest of us non sunscribers can eventually hear it but I think it will be confusing and a turn off to a lot of people.
In my opinion not a good way to go. I hope The Lady Vanishes doesn't go that route.

This is an old article from 2009

Stalker worried Janine: Doctor

Dr Anne Gilroy, a Bathurst medical practitioner, yesterday told an inquest into Ms Vaughan’s disappearance that Ms Vaughan came to see her on August 29, 2000.

Dr Gilroy told the inquest Ms Vaughan was “very stressed and anxious” about the situation.

“She wasn’t sleeping, I remember her being very stressed and anxious, she told me a lot of things about herself,” she said.

snip

Dr Gilroy then told the inquest that after being contacted by police she produced Ms Vaughan’s medical records and was subsequently interviewed by Detective Lance McFawn on May 29, 2002.

However, police reinvestigating Ms Vaughan’s disappearance have been unable to locate the statement.

Sorry Tootsie my reply didn't seem to work above.

My understanding is that the podcast will be available to everyone, but episodes will be released to The Australian subscribers early?

Yes that's right, the non subscribers can eventually listen to the episodes, 2 epsiodes behind the subscribers.
It was said that the subscribers will always be two episodes ahead of non subscribers.
Hopefully the non subscribers who may know something and not realise it, eventually get to listen.
I can imagine the frustration and confusion after each new episode is announced and someone interested tries to listen and gets rejected.

Sorry Tootsie my reply didn't seem to work above.

My understanding is that the podcast will be available to everyone, but episodes will be released to The Australian subscribers early?

Yes that's right, the non subscribers can eventually listen to the episodes, 2 epsiodes behind the subscribers.
It was said that the subscribers will always be two episodes ahead of non subscribers.
Hopefully the non subscribers who may know something and not realise it, eventually get to listen.
I can imagine the frustration and confusion after each new episode is announced and someone interested tries to listen and gets rejected.
I don't know why, they didn't with the teachers pet :(

Not sure if Dr Gilroy is still there. I think she may have sold out of the practise.
My friend went to that practise but saw a different doctor.

It's amazing how many things disappeared. The knife was said to have disappeared. The incident book at Ed Harry was said to have disappeared.
And it seems Dr Gilroys evidence had disappeared.

Not sure if Dr Gilroy is still there. I think she may have sold out of the practise.
My friend went to that practise but saw a different doctor.

It's amazing how many things disappeared. The knife was said to have disappeared. The incident book at Ed Harry was said to have disappeared.
And it seems Dr Gilroys evidence had disappeared.

So much evidence / statements have disappeared :mad:

Have you read the Rani report?

I think a banner is going up in Bathurst today.

I am so happy that the family are finally getting a voice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back