Australia Australia - Janine Vaughan, 31, Bathurst, NSW, 7 Dec 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow that's way up on the highway. I guess I won't see it unless I get a taxi up there and back.
A better place would have been the CBD area where she disappeared from.
Maybe a banner in between the two big poles on William Street where all of the banners go.
But I imagine that would cost heaps to have it there.

Maybe Shell is putting the banner up for free ?

But Stewart Street will get a lot of highway traffic so maybe they thought more people would see it there overall.

Oh wow that's way up on the highway. I guess I won't see it unless I get a taxi up there and back.
A better place would have been the CBD area where she disappeared from.
Maybe a banner in between the two big poles on William Street where all of the banners go.
But I imagine that would cost heaps to have it there.

Maybe Shell is putting the banner up for free ?

But Stewart Street will get a lot of highway traffic so maybe they thought more people would see it there overall.

I think the family have paid for it themselves.

Not sure if Dr Gilroy is still there. I think she may have sold out of the practise.
My friend went to that practise but saw a different doctor.

It's amazing how many things disappeared. The knife was said to have disappeared. The incident book at Ed Harry was said to have disappeared.
And it seems Dr Gilroys evidence had disappeared.

So, is Officer Hosemans the only one of the three suspects who may have been protected by the police? Hence, so much evidence going missing.

I see that Hoseman's uncle is/was Assistant Police Commissioner Graeme Morgan in the State Crime Command, and later was promoted further.

Janine Vaughan: Eight years on, the trail is cold

Assistant Commissioner Graeme Morgan will be appointed head of the new State Crime Command, a body formed from the merger of Crime Agencies and the Intelligence Information Centre.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/top-crime-fighter-appointed-after-rethink-20021005-gdfp3o.html

So, is Officer Hosemans the only one of the three suspects who may have been protected by the police? Hence, so much evidence going missing.

I see that Hoseman's uncle is/was Assistant Police Commissioner Graeme Morgan in the State Crime Command, and later was promoted further.

Janine Vaughan: Eight years on, the trail is cold

Assistant Commissioner Graeme Morgan will be appointed head of the new State Crime Command, a body formed from the merger of Crime Agencies and the Intelligence Information Centre.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/top-crime-fighter-appointed-after-rethink-20021005-gdfp3o.html

Yep SA. The level of cover up is astounding, by all ranks.

Hoseman should not have even been working the case. He was working restricted duties & on a work place agreement.............I think from memory was not to have anything to do with the public.

He was up on sexual assault charges from an incident at Bathurst Golf Club , in which he was eventually dismissed from NSWPF & his charges were all eventually dismissed too :mad:............. 2 months prior to Janine going missing.

https://media.opengov.nsw.gov.au/pa...V4yTUgVgUsQMtfzwsjnF9Ct3gppS6BoD2fm94eE0kambc
Pages 27 & 28

2.THE INITIAL NSWPOLICE INVESTIGATIONPOLICE INTEGRITY COMMISSION –REPORT TO PARLIAMENT –OPERATION RANI15

McFawn and was given a general overview of the investigation.42 Jacob’s evidence was that when he attended at Bathurst at that time his understanding was that Hosemans was in charge of the investigation.43

2.12 - What is clear from the evidence is that during the period 10 December to 16 December 2001, Hosemans had a significant role in the investigation of Ms Vaughan’s disappearance. That was at a time when Hosemans was facing serious criminal charges and his day to day activities were subject to an agreement between himself and Superintendent Kuiters, (Kuiters), the Local Area Commander, which restricted the work that he was permitted to undertake. The agreement is discussed in detail below.

HOSEMANS’ WORK PLACE AGREEMENT

2.13 - On 5 November 2001 Hosemans was charged with the offences of obscene exposure, assault, indecent assault, and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. The charges arose out of an incident at the Bathurst Golf Club on 21 October 2001. The alleged victim of the assault offences was a female employee of the Club, aged 24 years. The charges were first mentioned in Bathurst Local Court on 3 December 2001 and the proceedings were extensively reported in the local newspaper, the Western Advocate, on 4 and 6 December 2001.

Ultimately Hosemans was acquitted of all charges on 19 July 2002 by Deputy Chief Magistrate Henson, (as his Honour then was). The reasons for his Honour’s decision will be returned to later in this Report.44

2.14 - On 8 November 2001 Hosemans entered into a Work Place Agreement, ostensibly with Kuiters, as a consequence of the criminal charges that had been preferred against him.45 The agreement was signed by Borland on behalf of Kuiters. Despite this Borland gave evidence that although he was aware of the agreement and the restrictions placed on Hosemans he was neither aware of the contents of the agreement, nor of its exact wording, and had never seen the agreement.46

2.15 - The agreement set out the terms on which Hosemans was to continue performing duties at Bathurst Police Station. The following terms are of significance:47

1. Detective Sergeant Hosemans will work under the direct supervision of the Commander or the person from time to time relieving in that position or the Crime Manger [sic]. ... 4

( # 2 seems to be missing :rolleyes: )

3. Detective Sergeant Hosemans will work from the office currently designated as the Crime Coordinator Office with in the Crime Management Unit area.

4. Detective Sergeant Hosemans is not to have any contact with members of the public.

( # 5 also seems to be missing :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

6. Detective Sergeant Hosemans will be responsible for the COPS quality reviews on a daily basis (when rostered). He will be responsible for case management follow up and advise [sic]. For quality review of all court briefs that will be presented to the D.P.P. and advising to other Police of any areas of deficiencies in those brief [sic].

7. Detective Sergeant Hosemans is not to absent himself from the Police Station at Bathurst with [sic] first obtaining the knowledge and consent of one of the person [sic] mentioned in point 1.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
NoCookies | The Australian

The Night Driver: ‘Known’ driver crucial key to Janine Vaughan’s murde

Probably behind a paywall for most, so I'll do my best to paraphrase

Peter Murphy is helping Hedley Thomas, he's a newly retired judge & former criminal defence lawyer. They've been reading thru thousands of documents & analysing evidence.

He is a long term friend of Hedley & offered his time.

He was drawn to the case on a human level & said
“Once you become interested in it on that basis, the analysis of large amounts of documents, the investigation into things that perhaps weren’t looked at in the first instance, becomes fascinating"

He would love to get resolution for Janine's family.

They've been to Bathurst , they did a video walk thru of that night retracing Janine's steps, meet sources, tested various theroies etc

They talk about Janine getting into a small red coloured car & that everyone they have spoken to is adamant that she didn't hesitate getting into the like she must have known the driver.

Janine & her friends JM & WM were at the Metro that night, Janine's handbag was lost / went missing & she was upset.

She is seen on CCTV looking for it, obviously upset ( it was found later that morning by a cleaner who suspects the bag had been hidden)

They left the Metro @ o3:50. the friends were having a few "domestic issues" so Janine was walked a head of them by about 25mts, they had planned to go to The Ox ( the Oxford ) , JM says he was concerned about Janine & was keeping an eye on her.

JM sees a car & sees Janine get straight in the car.

Another person who worked at The Metro who saw her that night & knew Janine , was in upstairs looking down, he had a good view & sees Janine & than a car .

Both describe car as small & red.

JM sees the car from the rear & thinks it's a bit like a sedan, possibly a Magna, The Metro worker ( Strop ) sees the car from side on & thinks it's more like a Hyundai excel.

Peter Murphy think that the crucial detail is that she didn't hesitate to get in the car & that she knew the driver.

A young woman disappears into a rain-soaked night. A country town divides on rumour and speculation. A family relentlessly seeks to uncover the truth.

The Australian’s Hedley Thomas investigates the case of missing woman Janine Vaughan. Here are some of the people you’ll hear from, or about, during The Night Driver podcast.

She had reported a series of stalking incidents to Bathurst police, leading up to her disappearance.

The woman Janine called Mum, Jenny Vaughan made numerous pleas for public help and prayed that she would know the truth before a terminal illness took her.

When she had months to live Jenny said her one remaining hope was that after she had died she would be reunited with Janine and find out who murdered her. Jenny treated Janine as if she were her own daughter, while knowing Janine’s biological mother lived nearby in the small community.

NoCookies | The Australian

I hate to say it but there are a lot of abandoned mine shafts in the areas surrouding Bathurst.
Some are only a short drive, 31km from Bathurst like at Sunny Corner where a motorbike rider had to be rescued from recently.

Motorbike rider trapped in Sunny Corner mine shaft, rescue under way

There was a lot of gold mining around the area.

A 'mystifying whodunnit'

Can podcast provide the missing clues for former Upper Hunter woman Janine Vaughan's family?

Thomas uncovers a story about a young woman with hopes for the future, mired with claims of police corruption and cover-up, illegal drugs and and a family's passionate search for their loved sister.

"This is a mystifying whodunnit," he said.

"There are multiple possibilities with reputations ruined in a town that has pointed accusatory fingers of blame.

"At the centre is a family who is still searching, and a hope that with public support, we will know what happened to their sister."

A one million dollar reward still stands for information that leads to the arrest of Janine's killer or killers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back