Found Deceased Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photos of him in the Biz Jets are likely at Bankstown etc, social media ‘stars’ can hire ground ops for an hourly rate. This can be done at night also for darkness window shots.

I think more about this guys second life will likely surface. Not sure if he was a prostitute on the side or something, only fans etc, but a second income stream would seem likely it seems.

A second income stream before he joined NSW police might mean, a rich BF and maybe a family of means. A second income stream after he joined the police might, sadly, mean, blackmail. Both as a policeman who has access to some documents (he might be good with computers, I assume) and a young man who can threaten some closeted lovers.

I am thinking, there was a reason for Jesse not to file a complaint about BLC with NSW police. Jesse was naturally charismatic and histrionic, and he made a great career in his 15young age. But of course, a successful TV presenter should be practical and ambitious. So imagine, here is your "friend with benefits" that probably has known you since his pre-policing time. I wouldn't put it past BLC to blackmail or threaten Jesse. This could explain why Jesse consulted his ex about the letter...He was cautious about wording. Blackmail would make this case even heavier.

Neighbour's saw the surf bags with the bodies inside, but didn’t know what they saw … (in Paddington)
Luke was allegedly in the wrong place, wrong time…
BLC bought the first surfboard bag prior to Monday …. Premeditated ..
Escalating predatory behaviours by BLC ….

It is so horrendous and tragic …. It’s worth watching the news clip ..

I agree that Luke was not part of the initial plan since the killer initially purchased one surf board cover. I wish the two victims could have fought him off somehow. How did he manage to subdue the two of them as BLC has muscles [steroids?] but's still a lithe fellow?

I am fairly sure that Jesse didn’t work in TV anymore, made redundant by 10? I thought he as a AFL umpire?
My impression was that he was still looking for work in television, and that he was only made redundant because 10 axed the show he was working on. It was recent, only in December, I believe

MOO

I agree that Luke was not part of the initial plan since the killer initially purchased one surf board cover. I wish the two victims could have fought him off somehow. How did he manage to subdue the two of them as BLC has muscles [steroids?] but's still a lithe fellow?
They call a gun an equaliser for a reason. Anyone can kill with a gun.

And having a toned body doesn't mean you can fight an armed assailant and win.

How a gun can dominate more than one person, just look at any armed robbery. People comply because they don't want to get shot. One gunman can dominate far more than two people. And the advantage goes up even more when the person with the gun has had firearms training and is proficient with the weapon.

MOO

They call a gun an equaliser for a reason. Anyone can kill with a gun.

And having a toned body doesn't mean you can fight an armed assailant and win.

How a gun can dominate more than one person, just look at any armed robbery. People comply because they don't want to get shot. One gunman can dominate far more than two people. And the advantage goes up even more when the person with the gun has had firearms training and is proficient with the weapon.

MOO

Thank you. Of course, a firearm is the equalizer against unarmed men. I was hoping the surprise of Lukey being present may have thrown a kink in his dastardly plans.

Did their killer shoot them while inside their home or after they were in the white van? Is it known how he gained entry? The neighbors are so close to one another on the charming street, one would think one of the neighbors may have reported hearing the firearm unless a silencer was used.

Are stiffer Stalking Laws needed? How could their murders have been prevented?

Christ almighty, that means the killer returned to get the bodies while the flatmates were floating around. I assume they luckily went to work or something.

This story is insane.

And the detail of him "breaking into Baird’s house, keying his car and pouring water into his car’s engine block."

This guy was insanely vindictive.

I'm willing to bet he saw Jesse as a link to the entertainment world and becoming a celebrity in some way.
100 % agree :(

Is it known how he gained entry?
Allegedly BLC had a key to the terrace….. but it’s not yet stated how he came to be in possession of the key …

one would think one of the neighbors may have reported hearing the firearm unless a silencer was used.
As per one of the pressers this week …. It wasn’t until the area was canvassed by Police that some neighbors did allegedly hear a shot /or shots, but they weren’t reported to Police at the time …. At roughly IIRC at approx 09:50am…

IMO

Thank you. Of course, a firearm is the equalizer against unarmed men. I was hoping the surprise of Lukey being present may have thrown a kink in his dastardly plans.

Did their killer shoot them while inside their home or after they were in the white van? Is it known how he gained entry? The neighbors are so close to one another on the charming street, one would think one of the neighbors may have reported hearing the firearm unless a silencer was used.

Are stiffer Stalking Laws needed? How could their murders have been prevented?
A neighbour did hear at least one gunshot, but did not call the police at the time.

At around ten am on a weekday, I imagine many residents would have been at work, at school, or performing tasks like going shopping. The volume of noise just from the local traffic would have been very loud. And if someone at home in a neighbouring home had music or the television on, they may not have heard much.

MOO

So he must of gone to the property in his own vehicle Monday and then he hired the van in the night, so the flatmates were most likely at work in the day when the murders occurred, it's surprising he got as far as he did.This was not very well thought out at all, involving all sorts of people, who apparently haven't come forward yet, and taking an acquaintance down to the property. This guy was an erratic mess, and had lost the plot. He is going to be in jail for a very a long time, deserves life. Going to be very old if he ever gets out. Justice for Jesse and Luke.

Channel Seven news reports that when the women arrived home, it seemed dishevelled and they had assumed their TV reporter flatmate had spilt a can of beetroot juice in the backyard.

It was, in fact, blood and it had seeped from a blue tarpaulin lying next to it.
This article also says that they think the bodies were left at the first property for a day and a half before they were moved to the location they were found in.

MOO

There is a new article here with some new information .. I will try and paraphrase the new info only…

Paraphrased:

BLC hid the bodies in the blue tarp, in the courtyard before going back to the house on the Tuesday morning and removing both bodies.

It is alleged by police BLC stole bullets from a shooting range about a fortnight before the crime, so that his superiors would not notice any missing from his service-issued Glock and magazine.

When BLC returned his gun and ammunition to Balmain police station’s weapons room, it contained the full amount of bullets, raising no suspicion.

BLC returned to the terrace on the Tuesday morning when the women had gone to work, and allegedly loaded the bodies into the rental van.

Paywalled for some

This article also says that they think the bodies were left at the first property for a day and a half before they were moved to the location they were found in.

MOO
I always thought there was something wrong with the timeline, do you think he actually went down south 3 times, as the police had said he went down Wednesday with the acquaintance, then went back Wednesday night? Had he been already been before these trips as that would explain why the acquaintance didn't notice anything in the back of van? But you would think they would know this already.

I don't know whether the communication with Lady Gaga was real or perceived, but the tale, like everything about BLC, brings in the element of a talk show into a grim situation. What does the father's behavior tell us? That for years, Beau pretended being someone else for his dad. And everyone around probably knew it, but the father didn't want to see the obvious. In all this crazy make-believe persona that BLC created, his sexuality might have been one of the few true things about him. But the dad and the son alike angrily refused to accept own realities. One pulled away from his gay son, the other stalked a man who didn't care. I see all of it leading to a tragedy claiming the lives of two normal adult men, Jesse and Luke. They slightly overplay on their photos, but IRL, both recently moved to NSW, worked hard at own lives and careers, and had the right to get the most of their lives. Instead, all was lost to someone's childish denialism and macho plays. (I am not blaming the father who probably feels terribly, I just view it as a hereditary trait.)
I’ve gathered the same. It’s pure speculation of course and from the information that has been released I feel there must have been some fracture in the psyche around that time: coming of age, coming out publicly and meeting your idol who coaxes you to do so, then from that meeting more celebrities and being asked to do red carpet interviews. All whilst being allegedly rejected by his father. That is a severe paradox to navigate. As someone else mentioned on here it’s as if he is faceless without these celebrities, lost in it, his identity seems to only exist with them. Perhaps in his mind the only way out of those obsessive thoughts was murder?!

There is a new article here with some new information .. I will try and paraphrase the new info only…

Paraphrased:

BLC hid the bodies in the blue tarp, in the courtyard before going back to the house on the Tuesday morning and removing both bodies.

It is alleged by police BLC stole bullets from a shooting range about a fortnight before the crime, so that his superiors would not notice any missing from his service-issued Glock and magazine.

When BLC returned his gun and ammunition to Balmain police station’s weapons room, it contained the full amount of bullets, raising no suspicion.

BLC returned to the terrace on the Tuesday morning when the women had gone to work, and allegedly loaded the bodies into the rental van.

Paywalled for some

It really is like some kind of horror movie :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3