GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are in Melbourne, link the footage to your fb and ask people to look at it. You'd be surprised how easy it is to recognise someone you don't even know very well from that kind of cctv ... I took a blurry photo of a jogger during a night photography session just last week and in the morning recognised it as a fellow school parent which I confirmed that day, his face was not visible and he is barely an acquaintance. The hipster dude might be your yoga friend's neighbour's son for instance, encourage people to get involved.

Speculating: No accomplice (very very rare) more likely he did what he did with her then returned with his car to that spot and took her away.

Which makes it potentially pre-meditated. Mind you, that assumption is based on the fact that it is close to 2am in an area populated by bars, so why would he have a car? This assumption ignores the fact that he may not have been drinking, or doesn't care about drink driving either of which are probably more likely than him being out specifically to prey on someone.

ok so we know she walked past 517 Sydney road, I wonder if there is any footage from the 19(?) shops in between there and Alasya Kebabs at 555 Sydney rd. It's possible she was near Alasya when she was talking to her brother.

nursebeeme it would make sense for her to walk a different way home if she thought she was being followed. I've done that walking and driving when I've felt like I was being followed.

Couple of questions from that CCTV footage:

The guy in the blue hoodie obviously went back towards Jill - did he know her?

Later, they are seen walking together - was he hassling her, or did she walk with him because she knew him?

After she paused to fiddle with her phone, and he walked on a few paces, why did she not simply turn around and walk back the way she had come? Why walk forward to where Blue Hoodie was waiting?

Could it have been somebody she knew, either from her work colleagues, or perhaps more likely, somebody from the neighbourhood - after all she lived there...?

The sequence of events sure raises a lot of questions. And the guy in the blue jacket who turns to look back - he has obviously noticed something going on. And he most definitely needs to come forward now that he has been plastered all over the media, even if he didn't have a good reason for being there...

I am wondering the same things..

Later, they are seen walking together - was he hassling her, or did she walk with him because she knew him?

After she paused to fiddle with her phone, and he walked on a few paces, why did she not simply turn around and walk back the way she had come? Why walk forward to where Blue Hoodie was waiting?

Could it have been somebody she knew, either from her work colleagues, or perhaps more likely, somebody from the neighbourhood - after all she lived there...?

The sequence of events sure raises a lot of questions. And the guy in the blue jacket who turns to look back - he has obviously noticed something going on. And he most definitely needs to come forward now that he has been plastered all over the media, even if he didn't have a good reason for being there...

BBM: You don't want to walk back where you came from when you're being creeped out by a guy because you say to yourself that you're just being paranoid, also there's a natural instinct not to provoke someone like that by letting them know that you think they're creepy and will hope they will just stop the creepiness really. We'll just call this 'conditioning'.

If she was being harassed by the blue hoodie guy, why would she have called her brother to talk about their father? The call to him would have been just two minutes later if the time stamps are accurate. Jill may have been comfortable with the guy (possibly knew him) and was going to go somewhere with him voluntarily but wanted to call her brother first.

IF she was scared by man in hoodie why ring her brother 2mins later. Why not ring hubby and say "I'm on Sydney Road I'm scared please come get me"!? Makes me ponder if she did indeed know man in hoodie and didnt think he posed a threat.

Edited: Snap taagean ;)

IF she was scared by man in hoodie why ring her brother 2mins later. Why not ring hubby and say "I'm on Sydney Road I'm scared please come get me"!? Makes me ponder if she did indeed know man in hoodie and didnt think he posed a threat.

Calling the brother shows she is connected to people and was likely her trying to create a deterrent .. and give her an excuse not to talk to Mr Creepy.

BBM

The view of the guy's face, who turns back as if he's noticed something, is very clear, and must be recognizable to himself and to others.... I imagine he would have to come forward now, if he hasn't decided to already, since friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. who see this will be able to identify him easily.

The taller guy with the glasses, curly hair, and beard seems to be one that would be recognizable, too!

I believe I saw one female with possibly a dark pull-over sweater over a white button up shirt with French cuffs...

Sorry.. I am not the most fashion conscious...

She may not have said anything to brother about Mr Creepy because he was still in earshot and she didn't want to provoke him. She was probably thinking he would just wander off and leave her alone. She probably thought he was just a bit of a creep and nothing would actually happen.

It's possible, but also possible he was making her uncomfortable but nowhere near the point where she thought her life was in danger. She may have decided to make the call to deter him and hope he left, but didn't consider herself to be in serious danger.

The brother said he'd call her back, blue hoodie seemed to have gone so she headed down Hope Street. By the time the brother calls back, she's in trouble.

All speculation (MOO, if I've picked up how this place operates :)). It also ties in with someone hearing a scream - she wouldn't have been far away.

If this is what happened, husband and brother will spend many years torturing themselves. Horrible.

EDIT: Sorry, should have quoted taaegan or The Observer, this is in response to their posts at the top of this page.

Total speculation, but I think maybe he was (at least vaguely) familiar to her - because you see from him some sense of ownership (now that could just be that he bought her a drink or that he is a bit of a nutcase etc.) as if he assumed she would follow him or chat with him. Maybe she thought he would get the hint and go away if she made a phone call.....?

I got a sense that is was a work colleague. Maybe not a current one. Again, totally unfounded.

Total speculation, but I think maybe he was (at least vaguely) familiar to her - because you see from him some sense of ownership (now that could just be that he bought her a drink or that he is a bit of a nutcase etc.) as if he assumed she would follow him or chat with him. Maybe she thought he would get the hint and go away if she made a phone call.....?

I got a sense that is was a work colleague. Maybe not a current one. Again, totally unfounded.

Some guys get a 'sense of ownership' about a woman without having any connection whatsoever .. as in I want you, 'you're mine', that kind of thing .. i've seen guys fight in bars because they've decided to themselves that 'she's mine' and some other guy comes in and starts chatting her up. He might've been chatting her up as they walked down the road too so by the time they get near the shop he's been talking to her for a couple of minutes and thinks he has her.

If she was being harassed by the blue hoodie guy, why would she have called her brother to talk about their father? The call to him would have been just two minutes later if the time stamps are accurate. Jill may have been comfortable with the guy (possibly knew him) and was going to go somewhere with him voluntarily but wanted to call her brother first.

Good point

I agree that she could have known him, but to me the way she gets out her phone really resonates with me as the kind of thing you do when you're in a situation that's making you uncomfortable and you're feeling targeted.

Given what we already know about her going out on partying on her own and refusing being walked home by TW, she strikes me as the strong independent type - not the kind of person that's going to go crying to her boyfriend or brother for help immediately the minute she's in a situation she's uncomfortable with (but still made the phone call for the reassurance of having a familiar voice on the other end as she walked off).

In this ABC news link
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-26/police-release-cctv-images-of-missing-woman/4281096
at 1.10 they are both in view together at the right of the screen (between the 2 dress models) and at 1.23-1.29 you can see still see his face at the far right of the screen. Would these images be enough for police to build a physical profile of him - i.e. height compared to her known height and colour of hair etc?

Do you notice he seems to try to guide her forward? View on the right between the two dress forms. He moves forward but then back like meeting resistence. I think I can barely see her head between the two forms but then it goes back to the first dress form and window frame, like she stepped back when he tried to move her along. Then it looks like they both look behind them like something is going on. Jmo

I am wondering the same things..

I imagine LE has shown this to Tom M. by now to ask if any of the "Mystery People" look familiar to him....

By the way... who all would LE show this video to....

colleagues at work, church, Fitness Clubs?, but...many people don't watch news on TV as much...

I guess these people would be checking Find Jill Meagher page, and view it there.

Just thinking through my finger tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member