GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a random abduction and Jill didn't know the 'blue hoody' guy in the CCTV footage, there is one significant point that puzzles me :waitasec:

He surely could remove her alone? I do understand he could have overpowered her given how petite Jill is but, the rest? It's really puzzling.

I think Police know a whole lot more than a few frames in CCTV footage and a deliberately planted handbag.

Total speculation, but I think maybe he was (at least vaguely) familiar to her - because you see from him some sense of ownership (now that could just be that he bought her a drink or that he is a bit of a nutcase etc.) as if he assumed she would follow him or chat with him. Maybe she thought he would get the hint and go away if she made a phone call.....?

I got a sense that is was a work colleague. Maybe not a current one. Again, totally unfounded.

I agree with the ownership body language but I think that is because he is a pig of a man who thinks he owns all women. I don't see any of her ABC colleagues getting around town in tracksuit pants to be frank.

If she was being harassed by the blue hoodie guy, why would she have called her brother to talk about their father? The call to him would have been just two minutes later if the time stamps are accurate. Jill may have been comfortable with the guy (possibly knew him) and was going to go somewhere with him voluntarily but wanted to call her brother first.

If this were the case wouldn't blue
Hoodie be cooperating with police and giving them info on where they walked once they were past the shop with the footage

It's possible, but also possible he was making her uncomfortable but nowhere near the point where she thought her life was in danger. She may have decided to make the call to deter him and hope he left, but didn't consider herself to be in serious danger.

The brother said he'd call her back, blue hoodie seemed to have gone so she headed down Hope Street. By the time the brother calls back, she's in trouble.

All speculation (MOO, if I've picked up how this place operates :)). It also ties in with someone hearing a scream - she wouldn't have been far away.

If this is what happened, husband and brother will spend many years torturing themselves. Horrible.

EDIT: Sorry, should have quoted taaegan or The Observer, this is in response to their posts at the top of this page.

This to me seems like the most probable version of events.

Another scenario. She knew hoodie guy or had been talking to him that night. Or even maybe they conversed about whatever while she was walking home. If she had a few drinks, combined with trying to walk in those shoes, it might be hard for her to focus enough to text or call. So she says to hoodie ‘hold on a sec I want to call my brother’. So she stops walking, sets up the call in her phone and begins to walk and call her brother.

Could it have been somebody she knew, either from her work colleagues, or perhaps more likely, somebody from the neighbourhood - after all she lived there...?

I think it's very unlikely. Brunswick/hipster folk you will probably understand this better:

blue hoody and loose jeans? no way. The first guy who walks past, beard and skinny jeans, you can imagine her knowing him. But a guy in a hoody is NOT a hipster type. You don't see people in hoodies at places like bar Etiquette. In fact I would be surprised if he was even out at bar that night, dressed that way.

His clothes pretty, well, bogan. Possibly junkie. I know how judgemental that sounds, and I'm not saying Jill doesn't know any bogans or that only bogans dress that way, but on the balance of probability, yeah, probably a guy who does hang out on the street a bit, unlikely to be let into hip bars.

IHavenoclue,
I would hope they showed the picture to bar employees to see if he had been there earlier. Wobbly? Maybe something was slipped in her drink?

Some guys get a 'sense of ownership' about a woman without having any connection whatsoever .. as in I want you, 'you're mine', that kind of thing .. i've seen guys fight in bars because they've decided to themselves that 'she's mine' and some other guy comes in and starts chatting her up. He might've been chatting her up as they walked down the road too so by the time they get near the shop he's been talking to her for a couple of minutes and thinks he has her.

I'm all to familiar with this sort of thing. Had a few close calls with dangerous people in my time who took a 'shine' to me - without any encouragement. Took me a few years to recognize warning signs and trust intuition even if I risked looking silly.

It's why I find crime & human nature so fascinating.

Here's a screen shot of some of the CCTV footage of the mysterious 'man in the blue hoody'.

He looks young going left but kind of old and balding when he's walking back with Jill.
This is so sad.
Thank goodness for the dress shop. Hopefully this leads to one less creep on the streets. Other creeps may think twice now too, you never know when you are being filmed.

i think it's very unlikely. Brunswick/hipster folk you will probably understand this better:

Blue hoody and loose jeans? No way. The first guy who walks past, beard and skinny jeans, you can imagine her knowing him. But a guy in a hoody is not a hipster type. You don't see people in hoodies at places like bar etiquette. In fact i would be surprised if he was even out at bar that night, dressed that way.

His clothes pretty, well, bogan. Possibly junkie. I know how judgemental that sounds, and i'm not saying jill doesn't know any bogans or that only bogans dress that way, but on the balance of probability, yeah, probably a guy who does hang out on the street a bit, unlikely to be let into hip bars.

oh so agree!!!

I hope all the people in that clip come forward. the one who looked back noticed something for sure.

It looked as if Jill hesitated for a moment before continuing?

I'm even more inclined to think her I'm worried comment to her brother was an indication that something felt wrong to her.

Agreed, IMO I think she looks nervous and looks back for some help. She hesitates hoping he's moved on. How he "got her" so fast is the mystery.
Someone will recognize these people and if friends were with them that night they would know what they were wearing.

If she was being harassed by the blue hoodie guy, why would she have called her brother to talk about their father? The call to him would have been just two minutes later if the time stamps are accurate. Jill may have been comfortable with the guy (possibly knew him) and was going to go somewhere with him voluntarily but wanted to call her brother first.

Just jumping off your post...

Maybe it was a friend's younger brother that she recognized... or any number of relatives of friends?

(Just was thinking how heart sick that friend would feel :( )

I agree with the ownership body language but I think that is because he is a pig of a man who thinks he owns all women. I don't see any of her ABC colleagues getting around town in tracksuit pants to be frank.

You are probably right - media folk are much more image savvy! (at work functions) the work colleague thing keeps haunting me though....

IHavenoclue,
I would hope they showed the picture to bar employees to see if he had been there earlier. Wobbly? Maybe something was slipped in her drink?

I wondered that at the start, a lot of sexual assaults happen after a spiked drink :( Though you'd imagine by the time she was so wobbly she would sound intoxicated to her brother on the phone.

If this were the case wouldn't blue
Hoodie be cooperating with police and giving them info on where they walked once they were past the shop with the footage

I'm not saying that Blue Hoodie is a nice man just because they possibly knew each other, he could still have hurt Jill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member