GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught up on the thread...but so tired and past midnight where I am and :bedtime:
But will note:

IMO
Blue hoodie guy seems to also be wearing black t-shirt under his hoodie, jeans, white sneakers and is balding. Seems to have light hair, if not grey. She seems very uncomfortable and standoff-ish, judging by interaction seen between the 2 dresses on the right in the video.

That's all I can muster for now...be back in the morning!

This is the best I can do so far in terms of stills of the CCTV

Attachments

• Jill.jpg
    Jill.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 99
Maybe it was a friend's younger brother that she recognized... or any number of relatives of friends?

having seen the front-on photo from TM's facebook, I have to say I think there's basically zero chance she knows him.

He has a scraggly ponytail and seriously looks like a junkie/doner
(methadone)

Although if it was him, then I wouldn't expect him to be a junkie as they tend to be spaced out and easy to fight off (speaking as a one-time attempted mug-ee)

Unless he tried to mug her, it went wrong and he killed her by accident - maybe she hit her head on the kerb - and then he came back to get rid of body?

or maybe it wasn't him but he's not coming forward because he has some drug and theft charges

OR... he's not a junkie at all :) it looks like there's a facial scab (which is typical of junkies) but that might just be an artefact int he footage

That youtube video is so much clearer. Someone is going to recognise him today and call the police.

I think it's very unlikely. Brunswick/hipster folk you will probably understand this better:

blue hoody and loose jeans? no way. The first guy who walks past, beard and skinny jeans, you can imagine her knowing him. But a guy in a hoody is NOT a hipster type. You don't see people in hoodies at places like bar Etiquette. In fact I would be surprised if he was even out at bar that night, dressed that way.

His clothes pretty, well, bogan. Possibly junkie. I know how judgemental that sounds, and I'm not saying Jill doesn't know any bogans or that only bogans dress that way, but on the balance of probability, yeah, probably a guy who does hang out on the street a bit, unlikely to be let into hip bars.

I agree with all of this. I just can't figure out where she is though if he did something to her. I would usually assume a junkie might rob a woman and assault her and leave her to die, but not to kidnap her? Unless he somehow lured her into a car.

It did work! Thank you! :)

Does the man in the blue hoodie have his arm around Jill in that pic!?

I've posted this but I'll repeat myself for those that missed it. That pic is not blue hoodie man and Jill. It is a 30yo teacher leaving a place with his 15yo student it is an unrelated story and cctv picture.The person that posted it on TM's FB should remove it.

also, US/Australia differences - my experience in the US is that tracksuits are WAY more socially acceptable there...

Whereas I think the only people who wear tracksuits out in inner-city Melbourne are maybe parents with newborn babies who have totally given up (and fair enough too!)

IHavenoclue,
I would hope they showed the picture to bar employees to see if he had been there earlier. Wobbly? Maybe something was slipped in her drink?

I'm thinking alcohol.

I don't know a lot about the type of drugs predators use to slip into people's drinks, but from what I've heard she is nowhere near wobbly enough for that to have happened.

He looks more of a junkie type than someone who has been in a hipster bar. He looks like he's in a bit of a hurry/stressed/aggressive. On drugs?

But she makes the phone call 4 minutes later right? Maybe she thought she'd shaken him at some point and made the call near hope st, and he was actually waiting ahead of her.

Maybe you'd have those clothes on if you'd been relaxing at home and just thrown on an outfit to go to the petrol station or something.

Watching the video again, blue hoodie really gives me the creeps, especially the loitering in the area for the few minutes before Jill arrives.

The thing that strikes me is at the very end, how she looks up from the phone and looks back the way she came for a few seconds before walking on?

Wonder if she was contemplating different routes home to avoid Blue Hoodie but decides against it?

She may have asked him for a cigarette lighter, and he seems to gesture wait a tick.

I think the MSM need to rethink their headlines. One story has 'four sought over Jill'. This is extremely misleading and the possible witnesses in the CCTV would be extremely nervous (i.e. thinking they are considered persons of interest).

someone just posted on Tom's facebook a fairly clear CCTV image of the man in the blue hoodie. Not sure of original source though.

Not sure if link will work?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/meathomas

I see a pic under "Has anyone seen this man with a blue hoodie"

The pic is of another person of interest from another WS thread.... A 30 year old teacher who ran away to France, and who knows where, with a 15 year old student of his. That is a pic of the teacher and student on a ferry from UK to France.

So I didn't seee a pic of the blue hooded guy in the video with Gillian.

The hesitation and glance back is heartbreaking :(

Thanks for the YouTube vid, EveD! Different angle for sure than the first...I notice that they stop for a minute when they first enter the footage all the way to the right at 1:47 in on clip...is she bending over a bit? Perhaps he is lighting a smoke for her (if she smokes?)

Is there an alleyway a few seconds north of the shop??? In the direction he first walked in before he came back and starting accosting Jill??

I see a pic under "Has anyone seen this man with a blue hoodie"

The pic is of another person of interest from another WS thread.... A 30 year old teacher who ran away to France, and who knows where, with a 15 year old student of his. That is a pic of the teacher and student on a ferry from UK to France.

So I didn't seee a pic of the blue hooded guy in the video with Gillian.

Should someone tell Tom that's not the right photo? It's misleading, and maybe bad that it's on his profile, not helping, you know?

Another option, which mods can feel free to delete, is that he is a drug dealer who is asking Jill if she wants to buy something, perhaps he is saying he has the gear in his car.

I have NO idea if she used/uses recreational drugs but it is not unheard of in that age group & demographic.

Watching it again, the first time he goes past he is striding purposefully. It's ages before he comes back. Makes me think maybe he was prowling the street, waiting to prey on someone. What made him go back, if not spotting an easy target?

The guy who looks back may have little memory. It's late, he may have had a few <modsnip>), and seeing this might be his first memory of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal