GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks Nursebeeme :tyou:

Its too late though, wait til you see what I did :floorlaugh:

See down the bottom. So I don't have to worry about forgetting to put its my opinion.
I noticed some others had permanent ones so I hope that its ok to do it like that.

TootsieFootsie: it is all good! My point wasn't that you have to put a cow in your post.. just that you clearly make it known if you are stating an opinion...

the cows and coins are just quick ways of doing it..

did you guys know that for the emoticons all you have to do is type : : with the name of the emoticon in the center? for example if I put those on either side of moo I get
:moo:

if you put : : on either side of cheer you get:
:cheer:

: : and rocker
:rocker:

to find the words that go on each one click go advanced, click on emoticon box and you can read the words next to each one.

(just posting a little trick that I think is cool)

:woot:

: : and woot

I thought it was reported earlier that the shoes weren't hers ?

Yes... Previously it was reported that the shoes were not hers... But in the article (more recent, attached to my reply) it was reported the shoes... Or some shoes may be hers... :dunno:

TootsieFootsie: it is all good! My point wasn't that you have to put a cow in your post.. just that you clearly make it known if you are stating an opinion...

the cows and coins are just quick ways of doing it..

did you guys know that for the emoticons all you have to do is type : : with the name of the emoticon in the center? for example if I put those on either side of moo I get

if you put : : on either side of cheer you get:
:cheer:

: : and rocker
:rocker:

to find the words that go on each one click go advanced, click on emoticon box and you can read the words next to each one.

(just posting a little trick that I think is cool)

:woot:

: : and woot

Personally... I have a whole lotta fun with the emoticons! :great:

Yes it is the same in Australia. A purse is what I carry my small change in along with credit cards etc. and then I put my purse in my handbag which holds of all kinds of stuff.

According to MSM it was Tim Wright, a friend of Jill's who said that Jill told him she was having a midlife crisis. He is also a friend on Jill's Facebook page. IMO there is just something a little bit hinky about that statement, especially considering that by all accounts Jill was in good spirits at the time. When I watched the video of Tom Meagher being asked about the mention of a midlife crisis, I could see that he was dumbfounded.

MOO.

Hi Makara : ) :greetings:

Interesting to note that Tim no longer appears to be Facebook friends with Jill anymore as he was not listed when I looked. There are alot of men with this name too unfortunatley.

Thanks for the concern, and it does certainly open my eyes to this possibility. I think we are all guilty of doing stupid things whilst under the influence of alcohol. I will now stop being stubborn and accept people to walk with me that's for sure!

I have done this plenty of times as well. The most recent was in Fortitude Valley in Brisbane,it was after a Christmas party and lets just say I was in a VERY festive state and had far too many drinks than I needed. I walked to a friends through the secluded back streets in the very early hours with no key,no purse,no phone.Nothing. My bag had gone missing. I think back now and agree I was stupid but it's certainly not the first time I have done this. After a few drinks though some of us think we'll be fine and feel it's just a short walk. I feel someone, not the husband, has taken advantage of the situation this lady was in.

This one is hinky.

I have seen zero footage of nervous husbands etc but what has caught my attention was the phone call she made to her brother while walking home at 1.45am.

This was ostensibly to check on their father but her brother and parents were also in Australia at the time albeit WA, which has a 2.5 hour time difference - it would have been just after midnight in Perth.

A very, very odd time to make a welfare check, in my opinion.

Considering she was on her way home after drinking, she could possibly have called her brother for other reasons. Perhaps to complain about going home to an unhappy husband.

Someone posted "is it normal" for women to go out drinking in Aus without their husbands, I would say absolutely normal, ESPECIALLY if the marriage is unhappy. I did it all the time, just to get away from him.

Women of her age just aren't your typical random abduction victim, especially in the middle of a busy city street.

Not saying its impossible (Paul Denyer anyone) but that phone call really bugs me.

To be fair, lots of people go out all the time without their husbands, and they ARE happy with them. Young people, especially, lead different lives to my parents generation for example 60+

I wouldnt call any of my family after around 11pm when I know most of them go to bed, except if it was an emergency but maybe this family were in the habit of ringing at any time.

mod note(s)

1) knock off the snark
2) do not post links that show up as ********. If you see this in a link that link has been unapproved for discussion and posting at websleuths.
3) until and unless the husband has been named a person of interest in this case do not speculate about him. We are a victim friendly forum and until or unless something changes he is considered a victim.

bbm: bumping this up

Updated 15 minutes ago

Detective Inspector John Potter says Ms Meagher was not in fear of her life when she made the call.

He says she was expressing her worry to her brother about their ill father, who had a stroke a couple of weeks ago.

"I think there's been a bit of confusion over that phone call," the homicide squad's Detective Potter said.

"We've spoken to the brother certainly and the subject of their discussion was over the health of their father, who I understand is in poor health."

Detective Potter says there is nothing to suggest Ms Meagher was unhappy

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-...tinues-in-abc-worker27s-disappearance/4278440
bumping up for the morning crew

To be fair, lots of people go out all the time without their husbands, and they ARE happy with them. Young people, especially, lead different lives to my parents generation for example 60+

I wouldnt call any of my family after around 11pm when I know most of them go to bed, except if it was an emergency but maybe this family were in the habit of ringing at any time.

I agree, it doesn't really mean anything much down here, especially if she was a shift worker.

It wasn't that warm in Melbourne that night...it rarely is. In fact, the quicker you could get home the better off you would be.

I just cannot see a security minded woman making a phone call while walking home late at night. Everyone knows that it cuts out half of your awareness and makes you a sitting duck for what's going on around you.

I can see her getting home (it's only 5 minutes away) making a cuppa, then calling.

Or getting home, waiting till morning.

Or even calling from the pub toilets if she's really worried.

By the way her parents are both alive and reasonably well and live in Perth Australia. No one's on deaths doorstep. Nothing that can't wait until morning.

The fact that the homicide squad has been engaged speaks for itself. They believe she is deceased.

:cow:

I agree, it doesn't really mean anything much down here, especially if she was a shift worker.

It wasn't that warm in Melbourne that night...it rarely is. In fact, the quicker you could get home the better off you would be.

I just cannot see a security minded woman making a phone call while walking home late at night. Everyone knows that it cuts out half of your awareness and makes you a sitting duck for what's going on around you.

I can see her getting home (it's only 5 minutes away) making a cuppa, then calling.

Or getting home, waiting till morning.

Or even calling from the pub toilets if she's really worried.

By the way her parents are both alive and reasonably well and live in Perth Australia. No one's on deaths doorstep. Nothing that can't wait until morning.

The fact that the homicide squad has been engaged speaks for itself. They believe she is deceased.

see the links I bumped up.

LE said late yesterday that
1) the call was not that she was worried... but that she was worried about her family member that had a stroke and it was taken out of context

2) the call was most likely made from the bar not while she was walking.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who confirmed which friend it was who said that Jill was having a midlife crisis - appreciated :)

Just a thought - I know some people are asking why she called that late and I agree - slightly unusual, BUT, I've been known to call people if I've checked my facebook late at night from my phone, and noticed them just having posted/commented somewhere, as I know they're clearly still awake! Maybe it was something like that as to why Jill called her brother?

see the links I bumped up.

LE said late yesterday that
1) the call was not that she was worried... but that she was worried about her family member that had a stroke and it was taken out of context

2) the call was most likely made from the bar not while she was walking.

Ok well that explains that...thanks.

There is absolutely nothing hinky in the call, with all the facebook and stuff around she quite likely knew her brother was still awake to speak to.

There is something however in the Homicide squad taking over. They believe she is deceased. This means (to me) they have found some sort of evidence to indicate she has died.

If she died/was fatally injured at the scene, where is her body? It implies a vehicle, which in turn implies premeditation.

I'm no sexual offender expert but I know enough to know they prefer them alive and kicking, at least in the beginning. It would be usual for her to be abducted alive and taken to a second scene alive, and to be murdered later.

Her husband is correct, it is a busy part of town, someone had to have seen something...at the very least, a vehicle. There would also be cctv everywhere.

I have not seen any article that says the homicide squad is in on the investigation because they think she is dead... rather they have said that they can find no physical evidence of foul play.

I agree that someone had to see something... the bar however, did not have cctv unfortunately (there is a link upstream)

I have not seen any article that says the homicide squad is in on the investigation because they think she is dead... rather they have said that they can find no physical evidence of foul play.

I agree that someone had to see something... the bar however, did not have cctv unfortunately (there is a link upstream)

The homicide squad is only brought in in Australia when there is compelling evidence of death.

Other than that, it is Missper or CID.

I will try to find the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members