GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really?? That's interesting would love to have the link. Ta.

I am horrible with links... but... This Tread - Page 4 - Post #88 -

Quote from article...

"Phone records which could shed vital clues into the disappearance of Ms. Meagher are due to be retrieved today."

Yeah, that makes sense.

My impression was that (intimate partner) murderers tend to be abusers first. That is, controlling. I know this is very speculative, but Jill was out, alone, with work friends - she had a wide variety of friends, she had access to her own money, she was in close contact with her family - she had freedom, she wasn't being controlled or restricted at all, so I'm inclined to guess she wasn't being abused.

Well, Maybe her partner didn't want to go out. Maybe he was angry that she stayed out so late and was out looking for her.

Abusers are usually very good at hiding their controlling side in public.

I am speaking generally of course, I know nothing about this individual case other than what has been reported.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=182 they just need a reasonable presumption that foul play may be involved ... If anyone has read Perfect Victom about the Rachel Barber murder, there is passages in there about getting her case moved from missing persons to homicide, I think there are a lot more resources available to homicide than m.p.

Oh really?? That's interesting would love to have the link. Ta.

I am butting in here but here is an article from yesterday about her phone records -

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/courier-mail/cctv-in-search-for-missing-jill-meagher/791904

Mr Meagher told 3AW this morning that he rang his wife's mobile phone "non-stop" from 2am to 6am on Saturday with no success.
He also went out looking for her at about 4am after she didn't come home.
Phone records which could shed vital clues into the disappearance of Ms Meagher are due to be retrieved today.

Maybe it's just me and my antiquated view of the world, but doesn't anyone else find it a very odd situation where the husband is home while his wife is out boozing until the small hours - quite regularly, apparently - and that they think it quite "normal" to be prowling around through dark back alleys in Brunswick at 2 in the morning?

All sounds very odd to me.....

And supposedly calling her brother at 1:45am? Who calls people at 1:45am, unless it's an emergency? But I gather it was just to chat about their father.

Something very peculiar going on there....

I have my own friends and regularly go out without my husband. Am usually home by 12 but only because I have small children who will wake me up in the morning.

Ringing late at night not unusual - her family is in Ireland, it is a good time to call them.

I also notice that as with Allisons case the police are not giving safety warnings to people, this says a LOT IMO.

Not sure if this counts as a warning, but it's pretty close:

"I think there is always concern for the community when something like this happens," Insp Potter said.
"The biggest problem is we don't know what has happened to Jill so I would say people should be cautious when walking along the street at night."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/true-crime-scene/police-probe-if-handbag-was-planted-as-decoy-amid-kidnap-fears-as-family-pleads-for-help-to-find-abc-radio-worker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

I'm still not leaning towards the husband, the time frame doesn't fit. If she was on the phone to her brother at 1:45am (and made no mention to her brother of 'bumping into' her husband while talking to him), and then her husband started calling at 2am, that gives him 15 minutes to find his wife, kill her, and move her body to a different location (because I doubt you'd stand around on the phone next to a body, I believe moving it out of sight would be the first step).

Of course, there may be a whole lot more information that hasn't been released yet, but as of this moment I don't think it adds up to him being the perp. I'm leaning far more towards a crime of opportunity as she stumbled home. The bag may have been planted to throw police off the path she ACTUALLY took after leaving the bar.

:moo:

I have my own friends and regularly go out without my husband. Am usually home by 12 but only because I have small children who will wake me up in the morning.

Ringing late at night not unusual - her family is in Ireland, it is a good time to call them.

:welcome: her family is somewhere ? with only a 2 hr time difference. Link is in earlier threads and hopefully someone with a better memory will post the city.

The reporting is just so confusing. We were told initially that Jill had been drinking with work colleagues at the first bar, then went to bar no 2 with just one person (TW) and TW offered to walk her home.

Then it was reported below, that she was at bar no 2 with work colleagues (plural) and was offered a lift.

So what is it? Was she at Bar Etiquette with one person or more than one person? Did someone offer to walk her home or offer her a lift?

I notice the quote below is from the Irish Times which may not have reporters on the ground and just lifted (and possibly twisted) the info from what has previously been reported, but correct information should be readily available, so this sounds like bad reporting somewhere along the line.

She had been drinking at the Bar Etiquette premises with work colleagues and was offered a lift at around 1.30am. But Ms Meagher said she would make the five-minute walk home by herself and has not been seen since.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0924/breaking7.html

:welcome: her family is somewhere ? with only a 2 hr time difference. Link is in earlier threads and hopefully someone with a better memory will post the city.

Perth, Western Australia

I went and had lunch with my sister today and we walked the path that Jill would have taken Saturday morning. Obviously Sydney Road is busy, very busy. The traffic barely slows there even late at night. There are dozens of bars, cafe's, restaurants and take away food places there. She would have walked past many people and cars. Then Hope Street is a bit industrial for about 100-200 metres. I can imagine at night it is a bit spooky but then you quickly come up to the Lux Foundry and the landscape changes entirely. Very yuppy. Brand new swish apartments, very upmarket, very well cared for and this would be where she lived (as there were many news crews out the front and back). There's certainly little chance of something having happened in Lux without someone there hearing or seeing something. There are lots of lights here too so I imagine it's quite well lit at night.
Hope St would be quite a popular little street for traffic I would think given that here are so many little terrace houses and apartments off it. You would be unlucky (even at that time of night) to be attacked or snatched from the street without a witness.
The walk from the bar to Lux was about 8-9 minutes. Walking at what I call 'Melbourne speed'. Reasonably brisk.
I don't find the area particularly scary. There are a few laneways to stay away from I suppose, but a predator would really have to either be incredibly lucky to find a person walking down the road alone and without cars to witness, or lying in wait down one of the driveways or laneways, knowing a person was coming.
The location where her bag was found wasn't throwing distance from Hope St, you would have to intentionally place the bag there in my opinion.
All MOO of course

I don't know if anything has been said before, but in the ABC interview the husband has a mark on his forehead. Does anyone else notice that?

Question- have any of the coworkers spoken to the media? Jmo, but I would think they would be asking for her return, telling about every aspect of that night. Is it possible that she had spoken to coworkers about home life and if something was bothering her, and they are keeping quiet to not tip anyone off. Same with brother's phone call. It went from reported 'worried' to not worried and checking on dad. Have LE been allowing someone to believe that she just vanished on the way home? Moo

She worked for the media, it logically follows that her co-workers do as well.

I don't know about you but time hanging out on WS has made me 100% certain never to speak to the media, about anything, ever.

Someone will twist your words and you'll end up being viewed as a suspect.

I think her colleagues already know this.

The reporting is just so confusing. We were told initially that Jill had been drinking with work colleagues at the first bar, then went to bar no 2 with just one person (TW) and TW offered to walk her home.

Then it was reported below, that she was at bar no 2 with work colleagues (plural) and was offered a lift.

So what is it? Was she at Bar Etiquette with one person or more than one person? Did someone offer to walk her home or offer her a lift?

I notice the quote below is from the Irish Times which may not have reporters on the ground and just lifted (and possibly twisted) the info from what has previously been reported, but correct information should be readily available, so this sounds like bad reporting somewhere along the line.
I posted a link to an Irish times article with the husbands video interview. His statements conflicted with media reports. He said she left her usual bar at1:30 with coworkers, according to the staff, and went to another bar. Maybe he got the time wrong but his statement made no sense. Moo
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0924/breaking7.html

I wonder if anything had been written about them in the local papers. That's where I found out about an attempted abduction in the suburb over of an 11 year old, there was nothing in wider media, that tends not to make the news ...

Thanks for that. I'm left to assume had the husband and friends not so quickly taken to twitter and Facebook about her disappearance and where she worked, the media possibly wouldn't have made it such a big news story so fast!?
I am horrible with links... but... This Tread - Page 4 - Post #88 -
Quote from article...
"Phone records which could shed vital clues into the disappearance of Ms. Meagher are due to be retrieved today."
Thanks!

I am butting in here but here is an article from yesterday about her phone records -

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/courier-mail/cctv-in-search-for-missing-jill-meagher/791904
Not at all. Thanks!

Wonder if indeed it has shown/proven anything.

I think the reporting is problematic, neither of those photos for example are necessarily Jill's bag, both could be police equipment and they fit the story so have been photographed and published. They show a cordoned off alley way with the report of the belonging found in an alleyway but it is just in the area.

They are basically just reporting to fill space and unless it is a direct quote, if it conflicts with other information that is not of much consequence because it is likely one or both are slightly off anyway.

Oh, my mistake. If it is Perth then that is a 2 hr time difference so calling her brother at 11.45, which is not all that odd if she knows he would be up late.

Actually, her family is in Perth. Mother, father, and brother who has now flown to Melbourne to help. Perth is 2 hours behind Melbourne, so she still would have been calling at about midnight Perth time

And re the police going to her home - I would have thought that is pretty standard procedure. They'd want samples of her DNA, her fingerprints, other credit cards and bank accounts, etc etc. Plus background information, diaries, notes she may have written, whatever. And none of that would necessarily implicate the husband.

Oh, my mistake. If it is Perth then that is a 3 hr time difference so calling her brother at 10.45, which is not all that odd.

Perth is only 2 hours atm until daylight saving starts

Thanks for that. I'm left to assume had the husband and friends not so quickly taken to twitter and Facebook about her disappearance and where she worked, the media possibly wouldn't have made it such a big news story so fast!?

Thanks!*snip*

I think successful abductions get a wider audience .. but honestly, I didn't know of Bung Siriboon being missing until months later. I don't watch tv news, I only catch it on the radio in the car and via social media. Jill was on my radar over the weekend, via facebook. I think her media connection would have helped immensely. I didn't hear about Bung until 4 months later. Her mother doesn't speak english and from what I understand while her step-father made a good effort, he was not cleared immediately and there wasn't much interest. I wish more had been done for Bung in the media.

I don't think that calling her brother at almost midnight is that weird. Maybe she knew he had plans to go out or maybe he was just a night owl. I'd think nothing of calling either of my brothers at that time on a weekend because I know for sure they would be awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob