GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jill was a regular of Bar Etiquette (her husband talks about how the staff are devastated because they all knew her)

It is very, very normal for a regular of a bar in brunswick to stay well past the 'official' closing time.

In fact on a Friday night, I'd be very surprised to see Bar Etiquette close on the dot. Maybe only if the bartenders were in a really bad mood.

So that part doesn't seem strange.

I usually don't make phonecalls in a bar though, it's too noisy, and it's a little impolite. I'd normally step just outside. I don't know if Jill did that, but it's what I do.

This is good news (that she is known to bar staff). Hopefully this means a sober staff member may be able to say whether she stayed on alone, made a phone call, spoke to someone unknown in the bar, when she left etc :please:

The news report still can't agree what colour her dress was

"She was wearing a blue dress, black jacket, black patterned stockings and high heels." (Herald Sun)

"Jill went missing Friday night, she was last wearing a black dress, black jacket and black patterned stockings." (ABC)

I'm inclined to trust the ABC because a) it's the ABC and b) Jill worked for the ABC

but if they can't agree on even a simple thing like that, then I think that shows any inconsistencies between what TM says and what the media are saying could easily be put down to confused media reporting.

If they can't tell the difference between blue and black then what else are they getting wrong?

Herald Sun: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

ABC: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/09/24/3596295.htm

Maybe it was a dark navy blue? And in the dark, that might look the same as black.

UPDATE: MISSING person Jill Meagher has been captured on CCTV in the early hours of Saturday morning, police revealed this afternoon.

Homicide Squad detectives said the footage shows Jill walking north along Sydney Rd, Brunswick, just south of Hope Street, at 1.41am.

It was in a laneway off Hope St that her handbag was found by a passerby.

All CCTV collected needs to be thoroughly analysed before detectives can make a determination on what images can be released publicly,” Victoria Police spokeswoman Sharon Darcy said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

Hopefully the cctv will also show if someone was following her or with her at the time.

I noticed in this vid the amount of graffiti around. Is it a bit of a sleezy area?

Think Fortitude valley, Brisbane. Northbridge, Perth. Surry Hills, King X, Sydney Etc. Hipsters/Bogans/Junkies/Middle class folk all living together in harmony. (sorry to generalise) and that pretty much sums up Brunswick.

I have a feeling this sad situation will end up going down the same path as the Baden-clay case.

Attachments

• udontsay.png
    udontsay.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 12
Hopefully the cctv will also show if someone was following her or with her at the time.

I had the same thoughts, although, if it's a very busy street it may be hard to tell whether someone is actually following her or just travelling in the same direction. I imagine there would still be quite a few people out and about at this time of night/morning, and I'd venture to say quite a lot may have been heading in the same direction as Jill. Very disheartening, but hopefully the footage is enough to jog someone's memory so they can come forward as a witness.

Bumping nursebeeme's post...some of you may need to read it again...

until and unless the husband has been named a person of interest in this case do not speculate about him. We are a victim friendly forum and until or unless something changes he is considered a victim.

Update as at 5pm, AEST.

- Media has reported that CCTV shows her walking alone north along Sydney Rd toward Hope Street at around 1:40am.

- Police cordoned off the Meagher apartment and searched it, taking away six bags of items of possible interest, following the discovery of her handbag (on Monday morning) in a lane way that had previously been searched (on the weekend). The police emphasise this is routine, and that TM has been nothing but helpful

I listened to the podcast of Jon Faine, the broadcaster with whom she worked, reporting her case. Heart wrenching.

Am perplexed by this case. And saddened, of course.

I've forgotten the timeline. What's the significance of seeing her on the CCTV at 1.41 am? I thought I just read that it contradicts her call from the pub (or something similar)?

Help!

I don't know if I have missed this, but has it been reported anywhere that they have tried to get a ping from her phone?

I would be surprised if LE haven't done this - maybe it's just a piece of information they are keeping from the public, maybe it doesn't tell them any more than they knew already but if hubby was phoning her until 8am (as per his interview) they should be able to get a fair idea of it's last location.

More rules for some of you to have a read of...

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just watched 7 news Mmm...noticed they failed to say that it was routine to search the house. From Watching that the husband is getting the blame, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Just watching that footage channel 7 news had at 6pm of Tom, they show him saying I don't know and confused. It's clear that he is sleep deprived Probally gone over things over and over in his head hundreds of times and he doesn't know! I'd be concerned if he had an answer to every question that was asked of him because then that IMO would be suspicious.

Sad that there was no real change in this case today. I am glad to see that they've found some CCTV footage, it will certainly help lock down the time period that she went missing in.

I'm not surprised that the police think the bag was placed there as it looked like it was put down quite deliberately (ie. facing upwards, contents not strewn about).

No, it's not sleazy, it's hipster. The City of Melbourne actively encourages street art because we're meant to be this cool, arty city.

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/For.../GraffitiStreetArt/Pages/Whatisstreetart.aspx

ITA. I've heard a few American tourists comment on the amount of graffiti you go past when you're on the train. I don't really notice it but I think some visitors see it as out of the ordinary and assume that it's indictative of the area being a bit dodgy.

With all the phone call to police re their attempted abduction scares, let's hope the police do respond and put more undercover people out in Brunswick for our womans' safety.

Taxis will not pick short and low dollar fares, its a curse being between the devil and the deep blue sea. Poor woman, never made it home in 5 minute walk.

Twitter has also reported the deaths of Morgan Freeman, Pairs Hilton, Justin Bieber...

I'm not saying there's nothing true on there, just that there's no way to sort the hoaxes from the truth

Also, seconding what everyone's saying about how hard it is to get a taxi - especially on a Friday night. A lot of times on a Fri or Sat night a customer will ask me to call a cab for them, and I usually tell them "I can call - but they probably won't show up. You're better off trying to hail one off the street."

And the closer it gets to 3 am (shift change) the less likely one will stop for you.

When I first started reading this....... I thought-oh no, I can't believe Morgan Freeman died!! And then.... duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro