GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched 7 news Mmm...noticed they failed to say that it was routine to search the house. From Watching that the husband is getting the blame, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I've seen and heard a few reports from DI Potter and he's been pretty positive toward the husband. ie, has mentioned that he is being fully cooperative and is concerned, that the search of the home is procedural and on the 7 news report tonight said they took "mostly Jills clothing and not to read too much into it" He wont go as far as to say he's in the clear because everything is being investigated I guess. Did you listen to the 3AW recording with Derryn Hinch? Quite comprehensive.

http://www.3aw.com.au/displayPopUpP...dia.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/250912_potter.mp3

According to channel 7 news they just did another update, investigators are going back to the house to collect more evidence and speak to the husband again.

According to channel 7 news they just did another update, investigators are going back to the house to collect more evidence and speak to the husband again.

Routine again? Wonder why again, for Jills' sake mods, I wonder why again, please don't delete a Jill question,,,,,:please:

Just watched 7 news Mmm...noticed they failed to say that it was routine to search the house. From Watching that the husband is getting the blame, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

That is a fallacy in Australia.

You are guilty until you are proven innocent, if the Police say so.

Mind you, there have been no arrests so in this case, everyone is still presumed innocent.

With all the phone call to police re their attempted abduction scares, let's hope the police do respond and put more undercover people out in Brunswick for our womans' safety.

Taxis will not pick short and low dollar fares, its a curse being between the devil and the deep blue sea. Poor woman, never made it home in 5 minute walk.

I would give these "attempted abductions" more validity if they had actually been reported at the time.

Oh my goodness! The fact that they want to search the basement/underground carpark raises all manner of theories in my head! :what:

Aussie journalist Cath Webber has just tweeted that more Forensic officers have arrived at Ms Meagher's apartment. They appear to be carrying an 'ice box' (I took this to mean an esky).

Link to MSM article as soon as I find one.

That is a fallacy in Australia.

You are guilty until you are proven innocent, if the Police say so.

Mind you, there have been no arrests so in this case, everyone is still presumed innocent.

Wrong. Innocent until proven guilty is not a fallacy in Australia.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/legal_system.html

under Key Facts it states 'In all cases, defendants are considered to be innocent until proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt'

Aussie journalist Cath Webber has just tweeted that more Forensic officers have arrived at Ms Meagher's apartment. They appear to be carrying an 'ice box' (I took this to mean an esky).

Link to MSM article as soon as I find one.

What kind of evidence would this be needed for? Anyone have an idea?

It seems like they are searching in the basement/underground car park this time around...

Perhaps they needed a warrant for this area as I would imagine it belongs to the Body Corporate/building owners and they took longer to contact??

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

wonder what is down there..a vehicle they are looking at?:

"Twenty-five minutes later, at 6.40pm, a detective has returned to his vehicle to collect large brown paper bags which appear to be for evidence collection.

At 7pm two more members of the homicide squad arrived at the apartment block entering the car park in an unmarked police car.

The members entered the apartment in forensic suits carrying other evidence collection material."

A mid life crisis is usually uncertainty or decisions made on lifestyle, work choice or marriage etc. I wouldn't imagine its due to a relative being sick unless she was sad to have left Perth.
It sounds like she had more freedom speaking about this with her work friends rather than her hubby, maybe preferred to be with them rather than hubby cause he wasn't aware, apparently...

Maybe it's how you read it-maybe like a handbag, purse, shoulder bag or clutch, rats!

I would give these "attempted abductions" more validity if they had actually been reported at the time.

I would give them just as much validity, many people don't report incidents for a number of reasons, as an example only 1 in 20 rapes gets reported.

FACT - It is estimated that only one in twenty rapes in Australia is reported to the Police and there is an overall conviction rate of about 5%

http://www.secasa.com.au/sections/crisis-centre/common-beliefs-about-rape/

There is one - I read it on MSM before seeing it here. Give me a tic as I have just shut everything down.

Edited:

They have changed in MSM to
The members entered the apartment in forensic suits carrying other evidence collection material.

This did say ice chest just ten or so minutes ago.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/police-probe-if-handbag-was-planted-as-decoy-amid-kidnap-fears-as-family-pleads-for-help-to-find-abc-radio-worker-jill-meagher/story-e6freuy9-1226479708333

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member