GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Never? How so sure? I would think different etymologists are likely to use their own preferred methods.

However, an ice box is just a large container. There is nothing to suggest it was filled with ice. It may have been selected to gather evidence that would not survive so well in a brown paper bag.

Never? How so sure? I would think different etymologists are likely to use their own preferred methods.

However, an ice box is just a large container. There is nothing to suggest it was filled with ice. It may have been selected to gather evidence that would not survive so well in a brown paper bag.

Never use it for that idea

I wonder if the call to her brother was made from home. :moo:

If the walk home was only 5 minutes and the call was made 15 minutes after she left the bar she would already have been home. It makes more sense to me to make that call after I get home, rather than on my way home. :twocents:

And do LE and/or family members recognize any of the background voices?

whoa 155 guests, almost a biggie/record time don't you think posters??

I have no idea but maybe she had stopped at a corner, waiting for the lights to go green to cross the road and it was outside a bar? There would be lots of people around at that time of night in the street too with all the bars closing.

could she have called from a landline somewhere, and not from her cell?

Just thinking....

You know I just can't help but think that the only thing that could tie down her whereabouts, her mobile phone has gone missing. It is very similar to the Allison BC case in that manner. Of all the things not be found - her handbag with her credit card and makeup show up yet no phone in there. Ask yourself why would a criminal worry about a phone? Well chances are she wouldn't have had it out fast enough to click a picture of him and if it was a random hit on her then the perpertrator wouldn't care that they had triangulated her positions. The only person that would care would have to have some vested interest in keeping her last movements and perhaps texts hidden. Just seems a bit hinky to me.

Etymology = the study of the origin of words

Entomology = the study of insects

I don't think there's much demand for forensic etymology.

They have to move it, once photographed and looked at by forensics, its their job to secure it for potential further evidence. It wouldnt be left in-situ for the duration of their evidence gathering for risk of contamination.

Yes, but they would not haphazardly discard it on a wooden chair to further contaminate it or potentially lose trace evidence that was on it. They would photograph, then bag it and mark it as evidence for the crime lab.

However, I believe that we've decided that the bag on the chair is not actually the handbag that was found by the vehicle. But rather possibly a camera bag.

Update as at 5pm, AEST.

- Media has reported that CCTV shows her walking alone north along Sydney Rd toward Hope Street at around 1:40am.

- Police cordoned off the Meagher apartment and searched it, taking away six bags of items of possible interest, following the discovery of her handbag (on Monday morning) in a lane way that had previously been searched (on the weekend). The police emphasise this is routine, and that TM has been nothing but helpful

I listened to the podcast of Jon Faine, the broadcaster with whom she worked, reporting her case. Heart wrenching.

Am perplexed by this case. And saddened, of course.
:welcome: Truthound!

According to my Australian real estate iphone app, there are 30. It's a large complex.

....and then on the corner, looking toward this complex is an almost identical building of apartments.

Driving in that street, you are completely walled in by these apartment blocks.

IMO

This makes me think that something happened on Sydney road before she made it on to Hope Street. And at the time of the phone call at around 2am she was already in trouble. Perhaps the "I'm worried, I'm worried" was a veiled plea for help but she couldn't say it directly? It sounds crazy but its pretty coincidental he phoned her back only a minute later and couldn't get on to her.

I think something had to have happened on Sydney Road, we've heard that the brother tried to call her back, so the question is did she hang up or did something happen right then. IMO something had to have happened then, otherwise she would have answered her brothers call.

There were screams heard that night by the woman in the turkish shop. (link is back a page or two)

Probably been discussed - but why was she out so late without TM? Sure, most of us would go out without husbands from time to time but - given there weren't any kids - wouldn't he have joined her?

And there have been no joint interviews with the brother/other family, or any sympathy expressed by her family for TM's distress.

I suspect there have been marital problems for a while, and perhaps he snapped?

Definitely have my money on him! IMHO, of course.

that's quite a few people with access to that garage who could also have been out in Sydney rd.

MOO

I could be wrong but that's what the app says. It looks like it's a three floor complex so it is reasonable to think that there are ten apartments on each floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895