GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it says in the youtube comments that the camera is only triggered by movement as an explanation of this. But jillian is still in shot throughout so I'm not sure that's the explanation

When looking closely at the video footage there is a clear change in blue hoodie from the first time he crosses the screen striding quite fast and purposefully towards something - looks like he is in a hurry - but then when he appears a second time he is slowed down completely and has a watchful careful approach like he is trying to be casual - I'm really scared this could be signs of a premeditated attack - kidnap -
The first time he crossed the screen he had already seen Jill and is rushing to get somewhere fast in preparation?? (maybe to get a car or tell others to get a car ready) And then he comes back and its a totally different demeanor - faking casual/friendliness because he is trying to mislead and trap Jill...

Really hope this is not the case...

Thanks for the link - it's so much clearer. What's bothering me is his change of pace and demeanour. At the very start his walk is quick and purposeful and looks quite normal to me glancing into the shop etc. At 0.59 he walks back in the other direction much slower. And then we see them together at1.49. Could it be he's a witness rather than the perp- i.e. walked past her (prior to filming) being harassed by perhaps a group, walked on, thought about it and went back to assist, offered help, she declined then rang her brother, he goes on his way and then the others catch up and harass/attack her? Just a thought.

This is a very good point, he may not be the perp at all. This could certainly fit the footage. He may have walked past something going on originally, then decided that he should head back to make sure Jill was ok. She does wait for a while before continuing on, it's entirely possible that he had left by that stage, considering that was the direction he was originally headed.

Seriously though who buys stuff of random people on the street? They could be cops, but more likely they're gonna try and sell you pocketlint cut with rat poison.

You'd have to be seriously desperate. If she does take recreational drugs she'd have a legit dealer to get them off.

Maybe she had bought from him before.

Dr
If you go back a few posts and read you will find out what that footage is about, and it is not Jill!!

Yup - thanks Rational and Timmy. I just saw that, so I deleted my post.

Here's something really interesting - if you watch the clock on the cctv footage - 5 seconds is cut out. From 1:42:47 to 1:42:52. And these are the last 5 seconds that blue hoodie is in shot. What happened in those those 5 seconds? And why have they been removed? There are no other time lapses in the footage from what I can see

excellent observation. i was writing a description of their movement and he appears to disappear where his face was apparent in the video. what happened in those 5 seconds???

Here's something really interesting - if you watch the clock on the cctv footage - 5 seconds is cut out. From 1:42:47 to 1:42:52. And these are the last 5 seconds that blue hoodie is in shot. What happened in those those 5 seconds? And why have they been removed? There are no other time lapses in the footage from what I can see

You have a good eye! And, Welcome! :wagon:

having seen the front-on photo from TM's facebook, I have to say I think there's basically zero chance she knows him.

He has a scraggly ponytail and seriously looks like a junkie/doner
(methadone)

Although if it was him, then I wouldn't expect him to be a junkie as they tend to be spaced out and easy to fight off (speaking as a one-time attempted mug-ee)

Unless he tried to mug her, it went wrong and he killed her by accident - maybe she hit her head on the kerb - and then he came back to get rid of body?

or maybe it wasn't him but he's not coming forward because he has some drug and theft charges

OR... he's not a junkie at all :) it looks like there's a facial scab (which is typical of junkies) but that might just be an artefact int he footage

that is not him, that is footage from a totally unrelated story.

Check this footage: (posted before by a ws'er) Jill Meagher CCTV Footage - YouTube

Also, after carefully watching this I believe when the video ends, Jill is standing where the hoodie guy had been, you can see the movement of her coat continuing there. Could be a good chance she didn't just stride off after him, just moved close to the shop window, perhaps with her back to it to make her call?

Maybe he's asking her for train/bus fare. To me Jill looks like her feet hurt ALOT.

Agree. One of those pests who hang around the city and tell you they only need (insert amount) for their train fare home to visit sick mother/grandmother/pet budgie.
There IS something about him though.

excellent observation. i was writing a description of their movement and he appears to disappear where his face was apparent in the video. what happened in those 5 seconds???
do you think police might have cut it because there is some really useful info in it. just a thought

That really is odd. And she looks back behind her at 1.43. I want to know what's on the film after this period - who came after them. If blue hoodieman is the perp and continued to walk on with her surely people behind them would have witnessed something. Wonder why they didn't run the tape for longer publicly.

When looking closely at the video footage there is a clear change in blue hoodie from the first time he crosses the screen striding quite fast and purposefully towards something - looks like he is in a hurry - but then when he appears a second time he is slowed down completely and has a watchful careful approach like he is trying to be casual - I'm really scared this could be signs of a premeditated attack - kidnap -
The first time he crossed the screen he had already seen Jill and is rushing to get somewhere fast in preparation?? (maybe to get a car or tell others to get a car ready) And then he comes back and its a totally different demeanor - faking casual/friendliness because he is trying to mislead and trap Jill...

Really hope this is not the case...

Yeah good points, I thought he may have originally been talking to her and walked off quickly as he had the *****s with her then went back for another go.

Maybe blue hoodie was hassling her for money which is why he looks so sketchy and she looked uncomfortable and looks back? Or perhaps he's some creep who hangs around the area all the time and talks to her and her husband when they pass (inner city suburbs tend to have these characters), or he lives in the same building and is saying he'll walk her home cause they live in the same place and it makes her feel really uncomfortable?

blue hoodie man could be a local dealer or junkie offering her drugs or a smoke or asking for a light or money. it could be his regular street, catching all the late night pub crowd, she may have seen him there before and just a hint of acknowledgement from her could have been enough for him to approach her, it doesnt take much for some people to approach and then get abusive if they dont get what they want.
it still may not be him though, he could just be an opportunist who will never come forward for whatever reason, even if he saw something, so hopefully someone supplies police with his name so he can be questioned.
she looks so pretty and vulnerable, heartbreaking for her family to see this footage.

looking again there is lots of missing seconds :( it is probably that to the camera's eye there was no change in movement for those 5 seconds.

does anyone know if there is a laneway between Duchess 517 Sydney rd and alasya ker]babs at 555 Sydney road.

blue hoodie was striding purposefully first of all, could he have had an accomplice and van in a laneway alerting them that a target was approaching.

how easy and noticable would it be if a van was partway out of a laneway blocking the footpath and pedestrians had to walk around the back of it to get past.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member