GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone , I have been following you all through the Baden clay case and now this one . I think you are all so clever and have missed your life's calling
I have a question , I am confused about the handbag , did she go out straight from work ? her husband had said she didn't take one ! there is a mighty large bag with her in the video footage
She is such a sweet looking ladykiller is all so sad

Hi Captain, My understanding is she went straight out from work with her work colleagues. Her husband said she didn't go out ( I presume to work) with her purse, just her phone and credit card, which she must have put in her handbag. He didn't mention her handbag, just her purse, hence the confusion when her handbag was found as it was thought he said she didn't have her handbag.

I can't believe that if she saw him turn the corner that she would have followed, given the obvious desolation of that street. And I feel like if she was worried, she would have been closely watching where he went before going on.

I also find it strange that there is no one who came along after they disappear from frame that the police want to talk to. It seems like it is far enough to the corner that passersby even a minute or two later may have seen something (especially with her in those shoes).

This whole thing is giving me the chills. So eerie

BBM - Good point, i wonder why they didn't, seems to make more sense that people walking behind after they leave that spot would be more likely to see what was happening ahead rather than those that were walking ahead of Jill.

Hi all, newbie here:)

I have been following this story and the WS thread for a couple of days and thought I'd join in to make a couple of observations.

I have been pretty sure that he was holding a gun since last night and the zoomed in footage has convinced me.

I think one thing to remember is that the CCTV footage is not a movie where a director has ensured all the 'action' happens within the frame of the shot. I imagine it would be pretty coincidental if this whole incident with BH began precisely at the point where they pass a shop that is well lit and happens to have CCTV.

With that in mind this is my theory...

I believe BH threatened JM with the gun prior to reaching the bridal store, but given how well lit it is, had to conceal it at the point they got there. I think there's a chance she is calling her brother under instruction from BH, i.e. "call someone and make them think everything is fine". I also wonder if the reason that BH disappears from the video for 5secs towards the end was because the police cut out a section where the gun was really overtly visible.

My question is to locals, are many of the shops prior to the bridal shop as well lit? I would imagine not.:moo::moo:

:welcome4: Sayitaintso! :welcome4:

Thanks for your thoughtful post!

I said she was a sweet lady , the computer did the rest oh no , sorry

Captainchrissie, you can go back and edit your post while the thread is still open. It isn't hard. Just go back to the post and click on the edit function and you can make the change.

I really hope that they can find out what happened to Jill. My heart goes out to her husband and family. It is good that they have the CCTV footage.

One thing that REALLY annoys me - the Herald Sun have articles headlined "What it will take to solve this crime", or "Charlie Bezzina analyses the CCTV" and similar - but they're all behind the paywall. The message you get is "To read more, subscribe to the Herald Sun now".

That stinks, when they're trying to get public support for the search and to look for the mystery people etc.

And i got to that page via Google - but still ran up against the paywall.

Mercenary sods...!

Google the headline, it has come up for free every time for me :) that hint was passed on to me on a previous poster :)

Yes, the missing 5 seconds of of video.
It keeps playing on my mind as to what happened in those 5 seconds that they needed to cut it out.

Interestingly enough... LE reported they didn't edit that 5 seconds out!

Link is further back in the thread... don't have it at my fingertips! :waitasec:

My goodness I can not beleive this.....I can not find any mention of "red" car.....I am telling you I did hear it this morning, I think they also said it was a small hatchback red car....and it was the guy in black who had come forward............now when I google it, it says that police wont confirm about a witness who saw a car do a UTurn...I swear I definitely heard it, because this morning when I posted, I actually posted about someone knowing a guy with a mohawk with a red car.........hmmmmm wonder what that is about........or else I am going mad.

I am not attempting to discredit you or anything but I did a timeline the other day and I remember it being triggered by the fact that police said the call was made at 1:43 - naturally I cannot find that piece of video for the life of me lol

That said, it is clear the call was made after the CCTV footage. Which leads to all kinds of questions and lots more assumptions lol

Maybe, then, the call ended at 1:45 since it was supposedly a 2 min. call?

Just thinking...

i wonder if she did actually dial 000 on her phone in secret without showing hoodie she was doing so when she did realise she was in danger, and just left the phone running live in the hope police would be alerted and track her down. Maybe calling her brother was a way of being able to pick up the phone, so she could hang up and just press 000 and not talk. Have there been any reports of a call to 000 being made and no response from dialer at that time.

My goodness I can not beleive this.....I can not find any mention of "red" car.....I am telling you I did hear it this morning, I think they also said it was a small hatchback red car....and it was the guy in black who had come forward............now when I google it, it says that police wont confirm about a witness who saw a car do a UTurn...I swear I definitely heard it, because this morning when I posted, I actually posted about someone knowing a guy with a mohawk with a red car.........hmmmmm wonder what that is about........or else I am going mad.

Could easily be a case of information that was reported and then stripped from the record because it was misreported, or wasn't supposed to be released to the public... :moo:

I am not attempting to discredit you or anything but I did a timeline the other day and I remember it being triggered by the fact that police said the call was made at 1:43 - naturally I cannot find that piece of video for the life of me lol

That said, it is clear the call was made after the CCTV footage. Which leads to all kinds of questions and lots more assumptions lol

Why would it discredit me? I posted the quote from msm as stated by police. I followed the rules and posted the link. I dont understand your comment about discrediting me?? The link I posted was updated 7hrs ago!

I can't believe that if she saw him turn the corner that she would have followed, given the obvious desolation of that street. And I feel like if she was worried, she would have been closely watching where he went before going on.

I also find it strange that there is no one who came along after they disappear from frame that the police want to talk to. It seems like it is far enough to the corner that passersby even a minute or two later may have seen something (especially with her in those shoes).

This whole thing is giving me the chills. So eerie

BBM

Very good point.. I imagine there were more people walking along that street after this cctv caption...

And those people would possibly have seen what happened after that!

Something to ponder!

After fiddling around for ages with the CCTV video, I managed to capture BH's face looking into the window of the boutique. Look between the two mannequins on the top right and you'll see his face.

I'm still trying to catch up here, so it's back to page 9 for me.

Blue-Hoodie-north-bound-large.jpg

Hi Everyone , I have been following you all through the Baden clay case and now this one . I think you are all so clever and have missed your life's calling
I have a question , I am confused about the handbag , did she go out straight from work ? her husband had said she didn't take one ! there is a mighty large bag with her in the video footage
She is such a sweet looking lady <modsnip> is all so sad

Her husband said that she had left her purse at home and only had her bankcard, when he said "purse" he may have meant her wallet rather than handbag :)

Why would it discredit me? I posted the quote from msm as stated by police. I followed the rules and posted the link. I dont understand your comment about discrediting me??

She's just being polite and not wanting you to think she's having a crack at your post, no malice, no harm.

She's on your team no one has done anything wrong.

Could easily be a case of information that was reported and then stripped from the record because it was misreported, or wasn't supposed to be released to the public... :moo:

thanks canine, am thinking this is the case, because I was so interested in this case and when I woke was eager to see if she had been found. Has got me wondering now though, because I do think it was my local news, which is in Townsville, wondering if they may have given out too much info or yes let the cat slip out of the bag.......

Is there an ATM further up? If she didn't have any cash maybe he's hasselling her for some money for drugs?

Maybe he grabbed her bag and realised she had no cash & got angry.

Say if someone pulled over and asked if she needed help.....Jill leaned over to ask for help and she was pushed into the car...... it was his accomplice??? Would only take seconds.

Sorry I just thinking out loud through my keyboard.

IF ONLY....
IF ONLY....
IF ONLY....

She may not be in that area now.

I can't work properly cause I can't get Jill out of my mind. Jill is the same age as my daughter.

After fiddling around for ages with the CCTV video, I managed to capture BH's face looking into the window of the boutique. Look between the two mannequins on the top right and you'll see his face.

I'm still trying to catch up here, so it's back to page 9 for me.

View attachment 26963

Go Makara, - snap! You have got him.

Does he look like he has his phone up to his ear?

Have just slowed the video down and I can see that he is heading north and looks in the window. Well done!

When blue hoodie walks north in the first part of the video, he is walking with purpose like heading somewhere, when he turns around and goes past the shop window heading south, he has a different energy about him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj