GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC24 has just finished their cross to James Bennett and they're now talking about CCTV in Melbourne.

It's interesting... obviously it's been the key to finding BH, but then they also say it doesn't help prevent crime (it didn't save Jill)... and I don't really want Australia to turn into a police-state like the UK... I'm really conflicted on this

I really hope the evidence wasn't caught on cctv, but if he's not talking and they haven't found her, how else would they know? :(

art-MEAGHER2-620x349.jpg

from http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-arrested-over-jill-meagher-case-20120927-26nu7.html
Oh Jeez... Is that a wedding ring on his finger?

I posted this before I read the many other posts mentioning the ring.

Says he is apparently now assisting police in locating her remains

@AhronYoung

"It wasn't a presser, it was an off the record briefing. Well parts of it were. There's a lot more to the story"

a lot more to the story...

yes nurse....I am wondering about that......how can they tell her husband she has been murdered without a body.....does anyone know. I mean even if he confessed, would they just take that as true, cos if that is the case a sicko could have someone locked up somewhere, confess to murder and the person be still alive.....they must have something else maybe

murder charges expected: does anyone think there has been a confession?

No NurseB I don't yet. I think from watching the latest news coming in that he still is not cooperative. I have a feeling that they have found evidence wherever they arrested him that provided the rational for the charges that are going to be laid.

Without Jill's remains, how could they know of rape and murder? Could this all have been caught on video?
My goodness....

yes, im wondering that too? unless he confessed, hopefully he has told them where she is by now.
so sad, her poor family.

From Ahron Young
Sky News Melbourne Bureau Chief

"It looks like the story will unravel through the night but police need time to work through the case

Guys, officially, a man has been arrested. That's all we know on the record. I'm trying to find out from police exactly what can be said

It wasn't a presser, it was an off the record briefing. Well parts of it were. There's a lot more to the story "

I really hope the evidence wasn't caught on cctv, but if he's not talking and they haven't found her, how else would they know? :(

I had the same question, how do they know? But in my thinking, graphic and awful as it would be that it may have been caught on video...it would also likely mean this guy will never ever see the light of day...it would be irrefutable.

I cant see a confession being enough, they must have found something at his house or similar....surely

She was a regular at the other bar (name escapes me) - Bar Etiquette staff didn't even recognize photos of her. Still, they could pass on condolences ... then again why are they being asked to comment?

The article pulled up at this link is referring to the Pizza shop... and they wish to be anonymous...

Unless I am missing something?

TIA

Quite likely it is Domino's about 200m North of Hope Street on Sydney Road ... big enough chain to have CCTV unlike little pizza places

https://plus.google.com/105263575396608463852/about?gl=au&hl=en

Horrible to think he may have coerced her past her turn-off ... makes you really wonder what was happening the earlier CCTV video
Sensible and strong willed. Would have been very close to the Police Station if she was all the way up there. It is a scary thought, as she knew the area.

This is so sad. And awful...
It looks like he has a tattoo on his arm just below his t-shirt sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro