GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same question, how do they know? But in my thinking, graphic and awful as it would be that it may have been caught on video...it would also likely mean this guy will never ever see the light of day...it would be irrefutable.

They (LE) wouldn't have charged him which such a serious offence if they weren't so sure of his guilt.

You can be sure they know a lot more than we do, and what gets fed to the press.

They (LE) wouldn't have charged him which such a serious offence if they weren't so sure of his guilt.

You can be sure they know a lot more than we do, and what gets fed to the press.

If there was an accomplice, perhaps they were the one to confess??

Speculative and :moo::moo::moo::moo:

Looking at the zoomed in CCTV footage on Youtube it would seem as though he had her at gunpoint. You can make out a gun like object in his hand when he is waving his arms around. Very sad knowing she was possibly alive until only a few hours prior to the suspects arrest.

https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey

"Tonight's news has made me physically sick. Being a journo can be a ***** of a job at times. Gunna hug my wife & kids hard when I get home"

I know Andrew really well - I can't begin to imagine what he knows for him to say that.

From Ahron Young
Sky News Melbourne Bureau Chief

"It looks like the story will unravel through the night but police need time to work through the case

Guys, officially, a man has been arrested. That's all we know on the record. I'm trying to find out from police exactly what can be said

It wasn't a presser, it was an off the record briefing. Well parts of it were. There's a lot more to the story "
how strange they tell the media everything off the record! Aren't they afraid there will be leaks????

https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey

"Tonight's news has made me physically sick. Being a journo can be a ***** of a job at times. Gunna hug my wife & kids hard when I get home"

I know Andrew really well - I can't begin to imagine what he knows for him to say that.

Yeah, the way the journos are reacting... 'oh oh. guys, this isn't good'

I don't think any journalist there would have been shocked to find out she had been killed. Everybody was expecting that. It must be something worse.

Just horrific isn't it? I almost don't want to hear the details the media heard tonight. Both @AndrewJaffrey and @AhronYoung commented on how horrible it was.

:tears: I am so very sad...

I am also so angry! :furious:

I am also glad this predator has been caught.

Such a wide range of emotions, its hard to navigate them all. I am thankful I have you sleuthers to share this with.

and I know they have said he acted alone....but anyone else who has been on here all day remember that a witness said that there was a second guy further up????? has that disappeared as well?? something definitely going on as they have been reporting that the guy in the red sweater (with THE moustache) said that he didnt see her go past the kebab shop and that BH was normal looking.(or was it him who mentioned about the second guy?).........

Doesn't sound like there was anyone else involved. A news update.

The Herald Sun has been told police have no other suspects and will allege Ms Meagher's abduction was a random and opportunistic crime.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ll-meagher-alive/story-e6frf7kx-1226482868669

Detectives swooped on the 41year old man at 2.30pm at his Coburg home and took him to the St Kilda Rd Police Complex where he was interviewed.

<snip>

Police will allege he is the man seen on CCTV wearing a blue hoodie top and talking to Ms Meagher on Sydney Rd early on Saturday Rd moments before she vanished.

The suspect was helping police to locate the body of Ms Meagher, 29, which is believed to be in metropolitan Melbourne.

Yeah, the way the journos are reacting... 'oh oh. guys, this isn't good'

I don't think any journalist there would have been shocked to find out she had been killed. Everybody was expecting that. It must be something worse.

Yes. I really don't want to know the details, you know? :( But poor Jill.

I think this an appropriate time to post the below information, given an arrest has been made and formal charges are expected very soon.

As always in cases on WebSleuths that are Australian, the subject of subjudice and case justice will come up. Below is what the co-owner of WebSleuths has said, and is good common sense to apply in all cases.

Best regards,
~Summer_Breeze

05-23-2012, 07:25 PM

SoSueMe
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

We can't answer as to the laws of Australia, but in the U.S., it is my understanding that yes, members could very well be subject to a defamation lawsuit if a party is damaged by words they write on a public forum. Members own their words, so we always encourage our members to use caution and post responsibly.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here

Hamish Fitzsimmons &#8207;@hamishfitz
Police say the 41yo they have in custody is helping them to locate Jill Meagher's body

https://twitter.com/hamishfitz

Ahron Young &#8207;@AhronYoung
@hamishfitz Are we able to report that? I've been getting mixed signals from police.

@AhronYoung I just asked a colleague who said police ok'd that wording (I missed end of briefing due to cross)

https://twitter.com/AhronYoung

how strange they tell the media everything off the record! Aren't they afraid there will be leaks????

I also find the words 'media' and 'off the record' in the same sentence to be contradictory. After all, their job is to report news. Hmmmmm. Odd.

I imagine that many people are still reeling - feeling deeply saddened about this tragic news. We hoped to find her alive. Feel sorrow for her husband, her mum, dad, brother who loved her so much; feel sadness for her friends and work colleagues, and extended family members back in Ireland. Heartfelt condolences to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme