GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a long shot idea... but if any locals have any photos of the area or from any recent festivals/gatherings in and around Sydney Rd. area, take a look at them and see if you notice anybody in a blue hoodie... I have been google imaging and looking, but no luck. Just a thought/suggestion...seems this blue hoodie guy may have frequented this area. IMO.

A bit of a long shot idea... but if any locals have any photos of the area or from any recent festivals/gatherings in and around Sydney Rd. area, take a look at them and see if you notice anybody in a blue hoodie... I have been google imaging and looking, but no luck. Just a thought/suggestion...seems this blue hoodie guy may have frequented this area. IMO.

Good idea... he may lurk around that area a lot!

A silver hatchback car goes past twice. It is the same car - it has a dent in the side.

I hope the police are looking into it.

I notice his face where you mentioned it too. I hope the police noticed it.

Just looked at the CCTV yet again. At about 2:07-2:08, the Blue Hoodie has walked to the left, but turns around to face back towards where Jill is standing, and if you look - just in that couple of frames - through the shop window just ABOVE that placard or screen or whatever it is, and just below where the curly metal scroll sticks out from the end of the clothes rack on the left - his face is almost clearly visible as he looks back towards Jill. Right at the far left end of the shop window.

Does anyone else see that?

I was using the YouTube version of the CCTV clip, full screen, and it was at the 2:07-8 mark, from here:

Jill Meagher CCTV (VERY CLEAR VERSION) - YouTube

Now I am the one with no clue...no clue what this means...translation please! I am also legally blonde, so maybe that is the problem...:floorlaugh:

Black Caviar is a beautiful thoroughbred mare who has won every race entered so far, here (Oz) and one at Royal Ascot.

I agree. I was just brainstorming about trams but I think with everyone's help we have discounted my possible tram theory.

I think for something to have happened quickly after the call to her brother that she must have turned the corner into Hope Street as Sydney Rd is way too public.

BBM - I totally agree and that makes sense for her handbag too (even if it was planted later) Looks like it was returned to a similar spot to where it was found.

I do think it disappeared first though, it was placed near a car door that someone had to get out of. The lady said she hadn't used the car since Saturday.

In the video, at about 1:31 there is a vehicle stopped in the upper right corner. It pulls up, stops for a few seconds then moves on. Is there a light there? Someone getting out of a taxi?

That may be the car that was mentioned as having stopped that they were looking for too. (By the way, I read your posts in Yoda's voice :blushing:)

Now I am the one with no clue...no clue what this means...translation please! I am also legally blonde, so maybe that is the problem...:floorlaugh:

Wow! I am legally blonde, have no clue.... obviously by my moniker.... and I didn't know what Black Caviar meant here, either... so I am glad you asked this question! :seeya:

I think that in the video, the first time we see BH, he is walking quickly and purposefully he knows what he needs to do and he needs to do it quickly. The second time, when he comes back past the boutique, he is more casual. He knows he has time on his side. The third time, when he has Jill in his company, he is walking as if he is trying to lure her along - have you ever tried to persuade a cat to come back inside if they are of a mind not to? Or if you need to get them inside promptly and you have to get close enough to grab them? That is what his movements remind me of. He is walking sort of side on, as if he is luring her along.

I think that the first time we see him, he had already seen Jill and targeted her. He might have planned to trap her somehow. The purposeful striding was BH off to set his trap. At this stage he would have been moving faster so he could do whatever he needed to do before Jill got to a point where his plan wouldn't work anymore.

The second time we see him, he has done whatever he had to do, he knows that Jill is still walking along the street. In those shoes she was probably not very fast, so he has that casual step, as if he is not in a hurry anymore.

The third time, I think that he is just trying to lure her along into a trap of some kind.

It is incredible that so much was captured on the cctv of the boutique.

Does the same car pass by twice in the footage? Stepping through the frames one by one on the You Tube version, a silver car goes past at 1:18 -19. Then it looks like the same car goes past at 2:15-16. The second time, it is going much faster and almost looks like its LH indicator is on (pulling over or turning left?)

If it is the same car, has BH hurried past the boutique heading north in the early part of the footage to catch up an accomplice waiting around the corner in Hope st? They then then do the block going down Hope, then Ovens and Ballarat (or do u turns i Sydney Rd).

He saunters back to Jill and tries to delay her to give the car time to get back to its possible original waiting spot around the corner in Hope st?

Here is the link again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdrma5QWNk&feature=player_embedded

All speculative and MOO

Yes I am sure it is the same car because it has a dent in it which makes it distinctive. BH was very intent and purposeful in his movements the first time we see him stride past the boutique.

I feel that he had already seen Jill who would have been walking slowly in those very high heels, and was on his way to set a trap of some sort before going back to lure her into it.

Perhaps the car was part of the trap. An accomplice and an ambush perhaps. It is horrid to think of it.

I think there must be a lot more cctv along that stretch that hasn't been obtained yet.

I think that even cctv from that time with no sign of Jill or BH could help. CCTV that shows nothing would still be valuable because it shows nothing. Deducing where something didn't take place helps to narrow down where it did take place.

Does the same car pass by twice in the footage? Stepping through the frames one by one on the You Tube version, a silver car goes past at 1:18 -19. Then it looks like the same car goes past at 2:15-16. The second time, it is going much faster and almost looks like its LH indicator is on (pulling over or turning left?)

If it is the same car, has BH hurried past the boutique heading north in the early part of the footage to catch up an accomplice waiting around the corner in Hope st? They then then do the block going down Hope, then Ovens and Ballarat (or do u turns i Sydney Rd).

He saunters back to Jill and tries to delay her to give the car time to get back to its possible original waiting spot around the corner in Hope st?

Here is the link again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdrma5QWNk&feature=player_embedded

All speculative and MOO

Yes I am sure it is the same car because it has a dent in it which makes it distinctive. BH was very intent and purposeful in his movements the first time we see him stride past the boutique.

I feel that he had already seen Jill who would have been walking slowly in those very high heels, and was on his way to set a trap of some sort before going back to lure her into it.

Perhaps the car was part of the trap. An accomplice and an ambush perhaps. It is horrid to think of it.

I think there must be a lot more cctv along that stretch that hasn't been obtained yet.

I think that even cctv from that time with no sign of Jill or BH could help. CCTV that shows nothing would still be valuable because it shows nothing. Deducing where something didn't take place helps to narrow down where it did take place.

Agreed and it kind of fits as to why we see BH first going north, then south again, and then trying to lure Jill to continue on north.
I think this is not the first time they will have tried this- he loiters on Sydney Rd, while the accomplice/s wait in the silver car around the corner. The accomplice may do the block so they know which girl it is they are targeting, and then return and lay in wait for BH to coax the girl closer.

If I was more clever with mapping, it would be interesting to try and work out the distance the block is (Hope, Ovens, Ballarat and back to the boutique) and if they had time to do it. Its just slightly under a minute in the cctv. Is that possible...or is that why the car is going so fast - they dont want to lose her?

Wasnt there earlier reports that a scream was heard by the owner/manager of the Turkish restaurant? Is that Alasya on the cnr of Hope and Sydney? This might fit with when and if they forced Jill into the silver car.

Sorry if any of this sounds too matter of fact. I am very mindful that a lovely young lady is missing and its absolutely horrid .

It was just the walking by BH to and fro and his pace had me very puzzled.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members