GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have parked just around the corner.

Agreed, is an easy option. When I used to drive down Syd Rd (god knows why I ever did as I spent at least 45 mins trying to get from the start of it to the end) I would sometimes turn down Blyth St (to avoid the end of Syd Rd traffic lights I needed to use as it then connects to Moreland Rd) I noted that this street etc seemed very 'eerie' and deserted to the rest of the busy area. :waitasec:

Re trams, at 1.03 on the cctv just after BH does his walk by, is that a tram going North, silver with yellow doors. If that is the last tram then she didn't get on it.

Perfect! I think I said South before...I was going by memory (bad idea!). Sorry :/

In the video, at about 1:31 there is a vehicle stopped in the upper right corner. It pulls up, stops for a few seconds then moves on. Is there a light there? Someone getting out of a taxi?

http://www.news.com.au/national/mis...before-vanishing/story-fncynjr2-1226482146903

A witness claimed a man captured on CCTV talking to Jill Meagher before she disappeared was earlier seen running after her.

The witness has told police a car did a sudden U-turn towards Ms Meagher as a man wearing a blue hoodie closed in.

The new CCTV showed the car and also a second man walking some distance ahead of Ms Meagher, the witness said last night.

Police last night would not confirm or deny the witness reports.

more breaking news from herald sun
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...before-vanishing/story-fnat7jnn-1226482146903
reads.....
A witness claimed a man captured on CCTV talking to Jill Meagher before she disappeared was earlier seen running after her.

The witness has told police a car did a sudden U-turn towards Ms Meagher as a man wearing a blue hoodie closed in.

The new CCTV showed the car and also a second man walking some distance ahead of Ms Meagher, the witness said last night.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mis...before-vanishing/story-fncynjr2-1226482146903

Yes, just read that same article. It would explain her not being on anymore cctv, unfortunately.

Re trams, at 1.03 on the cctv just after BH does his walk by, is that a tram going North, silver with yellow doors. If that is the last tram then she didn't get on it.
I get the feeling the police have seen something on the video they did not want to release. The bit where BH disappears from one frame to the next looks like the counter on the bottom of the screen jumps around 5 seconds. I don't think much happens but I am guessing they are hiding something. Not sure what but maybe a weapon or something is visible they don't want to release.

Police should definitely be canvassing the services for the poor/substance abusers in the area to see if anyone recognizes this guy, especially since he probably wears that same hoodie a lot (and has probably been wearing it all winter).

In the video, at about 1:31 there is a vehicle stopped in the upper right corner. It pulls up, stops for a few seconds then moves on. Is there a light there? Someone getting out of a taxi?

Good pick yoda, the force is indeed with you tonight. Is it a taxi rank perhaps as the cars driving there including the one that stops and moves on seem very similar.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...before-vanishing/story-fnat7jnn-1226482146903
reads.....

That makes me feel ill.

Does anyone else feel he made eye contact and nodded at the first man he passed? BH nodded at the man in the orange top?

I get the feeling the police have seen something on the video they did not want to release. The bit where BH disappears from one frame to the next looks like the counter on the bottom of the screen jumps around 5 seconds. I don't think much happens but I am guessing they are hiding something. Not sure what but maybe a weapon or something is visible they don't want to release.

It's hard to say. The video actually skips ahead a few times earlier in the video when nothing is happening, so it may be just some problem with the cctv mechanism instead of being edited out by the police.

Regarding the "who would I call" and " I would do x, y, z if this happened to me" discussion. I am here to tell you that what you think you would do in such a situation may not be what you actually do when your heart is racing and you only have time to react, not to think about reacting. I can say that because once when I had an intruder in my garage and my phone in my hand, it never even occurred to me to dial 911 in the moment...crazy, because I would have guaranteed that is what I would have done if you asked me. But, in fact, it strangely is not what I did...it still confounds me to this day. I only later thought to call 911.

IMO, upon feeling uncomfortable and pulling out her phone she would have likely just dialed the first # that popped up on her recent calls list...and that could have been her brother. She most likely would not have had time/wanted to search contacts, she instead just dialed the last call or last incoming call...and that may have been her brother. That's my opinion only.

reads.....

I don't know about this news report. It doesn't say where it happened and presumably the witness is not suggesting she was thrown into a car on Sydney Rd, just that a car did a u turn.

That makes me feel ill.

Does anyone else feel he made eye contact and nodded at the first man he passed? BH nodded at the man in the orange top?
The man in the orange top has now given a statement to police as stated in his post on the find jill fb page.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

That makes me feel ill.

I got that impression too. I think the hoodie guy wanders the street at night looking for opportunities to make contact with people for whatever reason...ask for change, cigarettes, look for vulnerabilities, maybe just to rant about the government/aliens...

I was a musician for many years so I spent a lot of time on sidewalks like that in cities and was approached many, many times by sketchy characters wanting something or trying to see if I was vulnerable in some way. Guys like that are looking for someone to give them any real response, which gives them encouragement to keep hassling you. The worse thing you can do is let them think you may be naive about what they are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya