GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm on dangerous ground here, but I don't take anything Deveny says seriously. She's renowned for publicity seeking tweets (including tweeting about an 11 year old girl "getting laid" - "I do so hope Bindi Irwin gets laid," Deveny wrote (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...er-at-bindi-rove/story-e6frf96x-1225861776586)).

Having said that, if she was attacked by the same guy then it just adds to the scariness of the situation (and no-one should have to put up with that, no matter what they tweet). Has he been menacing towards women down Sydney Road for months without being reported?

Just in case anyone has missed my question in the flurry of posts - can any of the locals down there advise on the stage of that building site up Little Breese Street? That's the one towards the rear of the block just north of Hope St. On Google maps it is very large and very basic still - large area of exposed dirt, and what look like footings for buildings or pylons, plus a crane, and a blue digger. That is straight across Hope St from the laneway of the handbag - then head north up Little Breese St.

If that area is still pretty basic, or if it is completed and no longer a building site, it could give us an idea as to just WHEN the imagery on Google Maps was taken. It shows as being taken in 2012 (the copyright watermark at the bottom) but we're almost 10 months into 2012 now.

It's probably of not much importance, but it helps put things in perspective.

There's no building going on there now, the building is finished. I'm not sure when though...sorry.

Another thing I don't 'get' is how little her workmates and friends have had to say about this, especially her media savvy ones. Their silence is deafening.

snipped: They have done quite a few pleas on air and explanations for information out there. I know how upset they all must be.Jill worked in the media and everyone is running with this as a top story - so here is lots out there.

I guess I am not quite sure what you expect from them.

Well here is the first installment. After slowing it down, the total length exceeded youtube's time limit, so I had to cut it down. This part begins when bh first engages Jill. (at least in view of the camera as he may have already talked to her)
At 46/47 seconds approx., pay attention to what bh does with his hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oU5hIXegrc&feature=youtu.be

That's so scary to see in slow motion. When they are together on the right hand side, it almost looks like he's stroking her hair, as she walks on, she definitely turns her head behind her and then as he's on the left of the shot, to me, it looks like he gets something out of his pocket with his left hand and then transfers it over to his right hand before pointing it at her...a knife perhaps? I live in Sydney and I can't stop thinking about poor Jill, her family and friends. I am still hoping that she is alive.

If BH is involved, where do you think he was going the first time he strode purposely past.
Wouldn't he have been better to accost her further up the road where it may have been darker and had alleys or his car nearby,especially if he did have knife or gun.
Seems riskier for him to return to what still looked like a busy place and I just don't see him producing a gun there and jill meekly following him.

I'm sure there had to be a car involved somehow, and I just don't get how he could have got her inside one quietly. I can't see the offer of a ride home working when she was so close to home.

Another thing I don't 'get' is how little her workmates and friends have had to say about this, especially her media savvy ones. Their silence is deafening.

I'd bet that the family and friends take advice from the police on what to say and what not to say to the media. Also, what else can they say? They've spoken publicly about what they know and begged her to come home or be returned. As for her colleagues, I'd bet the Police have spoken to every single one and perhaps their information isn't all that relative to the case?

I know if I'd been out with Jill that night I'd be talking to the police but not to the Public. Besides, having seen the media stake-out at TMs house and the accusations levelled at him on social media, would you want to go public? No way!

IMO

I hope they have a lead on the car, if she was taken into a car, which seems most likely. But also, scariest, as she could be anywhere.

Has he been menacing towards women down Sydney Road for months without being reported?

She tweeted that why bother reporting everything to Police, she suggested they would have 'their work cut out'. I disagree, these things need to be reported - even if Police have limited resources to report it, at least it's on file.

I also deleted a suggestion yesterday that Deveny was attention seeking (not my belief) but, she was getting flamed on Twitter.

On another note: I'm confused by a few news reports. Is there a suggestion there's two men involved? - i.e. one driving the car, blue hoody guy doing the leg work?

Anyone know?

Makara,

Thanks for doing the screen shots. In the blurred one of his face, did he actually turn to look at the doorway/camera - as his shoulders are still facing straight ahead?
I have looked at the CCTV footage and I can't see him looking at the door, just staring straight ahead.

She tweeted that why bother reporting everything to Police, she suggested they would have 'their work cut out'. I disagree, these things need to be reported - even if Police have limited resources to report it, at least it's on file.

I also deleted a suggestion yesterday that Deveny was attention seeking (not my belief) but, she was getting flamed on Twitter.

On another note: I'm confused by a few news reports. Is there a suggestion there's two men involved? - i.e. one driving the car, blue hoody guy doing the leg work?

Anyone know?

I think there is an implication that a car and driver could also be involved, due to some witness reports. But not officially at this point.

That's so scary to see in slow motion. When they are together on the right hand side, it almost looks like he's stroking her hair, as she walks on, she definitely turns her head behind her and then as he's on the left of the shot, to me, it looks like he gets something out of his pocket with his left hand and then transfers it over to his right hand before pointing it at her...a knife perhaps? I live in Sydney and I can't stop thinking about poor Jill, her family and friends. I am still hoping that she is alive.

Exactly. It looked like there was some kind of contact, and she jerks back.

I also don't think he actually walked ahead of her, as you can see his leg moving in the window after she started walking forward.

Hi guys,
First time poster, but like every other Australian I am completely obsessed with this case.
I'm not sure if this has been posted (I can't find it in the long previous thread), here is a link to the press conference yesterday, a lot if interesting info to digest:http://tinyurl.com/8gefg6q

I agree with previous posters that there is a striking resemblance between the various witness descriptions and police renderings.

Interestingly someone tweeted Catherine Deveny (the comedian who says she was attacked in July by a man of a similar appearance to the one in the CCTV footage with Jill) a link to this article: http://melbourne-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/woman-stabbed-in-fitzroy-north/ and asked her if it was the same man that she had seen, to which she replied: "nope". (Sorry if that breaks the social media rules, not sure if I should link!)

Is everyone else getting an 'attention seeker' vibe off Catherine Deveny .. I noticed the friend that was with her earlier on in the night on channel 9 this morning say that she 'didn't know anything about the incident so couldn't comment' .. wonder if she even believes her.

I think there is an implication that a car and driver could also be involved, due to some witness reports. But not officially at this point.

I think there would have to be a car and another person involved too, if BH is the perp.

A new member here. I'm not entirely convinced that Jill didn't make it home or that she didn't meet up with her husband. Something about him and his timeline just doesn't add up. If he was concerned enough at 2am to start calling her mobile constantly or to go looking for her why would he wait until midday before reporting her missing to the police? If he had said he hadn't started looking until around 8am I can understand but if you're concerned at 2am it just seems weird that he would wait that long. Could he have been cruising around the streets looking for her in his car and spotted her and she got in with him? Was it his car that did the u-turn to pick her up?

If BH is involved, where do you think he was going the first time he strode purposely past.
Wouldn't he have been better to accost her further up the road where it may have been darker and had alleys or his car nearby,especially if he did have knife or gun.
Seems riskier for him to return to what still looked like a busy place and I just don't see him producing a gun there and jill meekly following him.

I'm sure there had to be a car involved somehow, and I just don't get how he could have got her inside one quietly. I can't see the offer of a ride home working when she was so close to home.

BBM

I'm wondering if he was walking back and forth along that road trolling for lone women in general before he spotted Jill...

I can see what you mean but I can't imagine an attacker allowing her to make a call to her brother, which happened after this incident, nor can I imagine if she was being threatened with a knife or gun that she would make that call and ask about her father.
If we knew that this happened after she made the call it would be more believable

Is everyone else getting an 'attention seeker' vibe off Catherine Deveny .. I noticed the friend that was with her earlier on in the night on channel 9 this morning say that she 'didn't know anything about the incident so couldn't comment' .. wonder if she even believes her.

I don't doubt her story but as with anything with her it is all "Me! Me! Me!"

I have never liked her and I am sorry that she had that experience but that is about the extent of it for me. She always thinks she is right and is always sprouting off her opinions to all these people that just suck it up. Ugh.

Reviewed video. About the same time man number 2 with dark recessed hair and dark clothing walks past and takes a prolonged look back, I noticed a car pull up on the other side of the road, facing south. The driver appears male on first glance and looks across the road to about where Jill and Blue Hoodie could be before they walk into the camera view. It seems this car may have turned around out of view of the camera because it then passes by heading north. Maybe someone with better technology could examine this and inform further please.

A new member here. I'm not entirely convinced that Jill didn't make it home or that she didn't meet up with her husband. Something about him and his timeline just doesn't add up. If he was concerned enough at 2am to start calling her mobile constantly or to go looking for her why would he wait until midday before reporting her missing to the police? If he had said he hadn't started looking until around 8am I can understand but if you're concerned at 2am it just seems weird that he would wait that long. Could he have been cruising around the streets looking for her in his car and spotted her and she got in with him? Was it his car that did the u-turn to pick her up?

:welcome:

This has been discussed earlier, many people said that people have the misconception that police will not act on anything until tyhe person has been missing for 24 hours so many that is the cause for delay of reporting.

the husband has never been a person of interest in this case and police have repetitively said his timeline matches up to what proof they have gathered.

Also i fail to see how he could pick her up, supposedly after 1:45. harm her, dispose of a body and then start making phone calls constantly for 6 hours.

Mr Meagher is a victim in this case.

I don't doubt her story but as with anything with her it is all "Me! Me! Me!"

I have never liked her and I am sorry that she had that experience but that is about the extent of it for me. She always thinks she is right and is always sprouting off her opinions to all these people that just suck it up. Ugh.

And don't you love how she reported it to her Twitter followers before she reported it to the police .. Ugh indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member