GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just awfully suspicious that the blue-hooded man hasn't come forward as yet...he has to be aware of the video by now. Or even that he was possibly the last person to speak to Jill.

I totally agree with everything in this post, even if we are a minority of two.
Something is not ringing true to me.

I think it is wise to keep an open mind. There are a million things that can happen and focusing too much on one path can allow the guilty party to slip away. The blue hoodie guy does look very suspicious, but he could be just hitting on her, a neighbor, trying to sell her drugs, protecting her, or he could be the perpetrator. Just like with TM, some of his actions are hinky but that may be the way he acts. I can't remember where I read it (probably on here) but a father of a kidnapped child said the only thing he cared about was getting his child back, not what people thought when police investigated him. I think it was Ed Smart, Elizabeth Smart's father. Moo

The reporter 2 nights ago who tweeted that TM had been arrested. Was this a blatant grab at getting more followers? I would hope there would be consequences for this. What on earth could her source have been?

Just awfully suspicious that the blue-hooded man hasn't come forward as yet...he has to be aware the video by now. Or even that he was possibly the last person to speak to Jill.

Not necessarily. He may never watch mainstream tv or read the news. In fact, if he were innocent he may not even have recognised or remembered ever seeing Jill. If he is in the habit of chatting to people in the street that doesn't mean he would remember them or remember having contact with them afterwards.

I think of some of the people I chat to in the street or at the shops and to be frank, I hardly think I'd remember many of them later, let alone think about any of them.

I think by the time Sydney Rd gets that far north it has turned into the Hume Hwy. The two do intersect though. It is a few kilometres at least from Brunswick, I'm not sure exactly how far. Maybe 10 kilometres directly north?

Sydney Road becomes Hume Highway (heading north) The area mentioned with the car burnt out is NORTH of Brunswick. (this area is heading away from the city of melb, this is a very industrial area, Ford, manufacturers, truckstops etc). Sydney Road is inner, Hume Highway is outer - It would take no longer than 20mins drive from Brunswick to Somerton (in traffic, which there always is)

Just awfully suspicious that the blue-hooded man hasn't come forward as yet...he has to be aware the video by now. Or even that he was possibly the last person to speak to Jill.

I thought so too, but what if he is a druggie or tweeker or street hound? Would he be a news watcher or surfing the internet? I have no idea.

This is probably still premature to say but I am utterly convinced at this point that BH was involved in Jill's abduction. It would take a massive turn of events/new evidence for me to believe otherwise.

I just feel so sad for TM, TW and the brother. I can't imagine the horror they would be going through right now. And while the CCTV footage is great for resolving the case, i find it so disturbing to watch. Poor Jill, she looks so vulnerable, and it's just awful to think those could have been her final moments :(

Hi All,
New here, but a little shamefully obsessed with this case. Mostly because it strikes close to home (as it seems to for a lot of you). I'm around the same age as Jill and I live in a similar neighbourhood in Sydney, often walk home alone at night, and come across a whole host of slightly unnerving people. I consider myself street savvy and have lived in many cities, but I've never really thought about something so terrible happening. I'm sure she felt the same.

Just came across this video which is an actual guided walk from the bridal boutique to her house. It's farther than I thought:

http://thebrunxonline.com/2012/09/2...re-jill-meagher-was-seen-on-cctv-to-her-home/

I don't think it's been posted here before, sorry if it has (or if it's not allowed for some reason).

Nice to meet you all.

Not saying he would be a person who watched the news, maybe, but if this area is his stomping grounds, so to speak, surely he has seen the activity, the police presence, etc. and learned what was going on. It would be almost impossible not to.

Also, if he was known to Jill in any way, wouldn't her husband also probably be able to say he had seen him around and/or knew him too?

I got the impression he was a stranger to her, but not necessarily that he was accosting her on the video clip. It almost looked to me like she may have called him back to ask him a question. In any event they certainly had some sort of interaction and then it appeared that he walked away first.

I wonder if the man who said he did not see Jill walk past the place he stopped to eat saw this guy go by.

Thank you Gut Feeling - im already addicted - and its only been an hour!!!
Ill be speakin your language in a flash :bowdown::read::thumb:

Get ready for an emotional roller coaster at times lol there are wonderful people on this board, it is also the most ethical and the one with the highest morals around too. the mods do a great job keeping us all on track and calming the high emotions and frustration that comes with crimes.

Just remember not to take anything personally, emotions can and do run high - if you think a poster has been darn right nasty or mean or is attacking you or a fellow poster just click the little red triangle on the dark blue line of the post to notify a moderator and they will fix it if they feel it needs fixing. Don't worry about copying the nasty post and commenting yourself to try and fix it :)

I mention this because I am one that wants to get stuck into the naughty poster and that only results in me getting a talking to as well lol

Enjoy!

Ohhh and you cannot bribe mods - I have tried lol

Hi All,
New here, but a little shamefully obsessed with this case. Mostly because it strikes close to home (as it seems to for a lot of you). I'm around the same age as Jill and I live in a similar neighbourhood in Sydney, often walk home alone at night, and come across a whole host of slightly unnerving people. I consider myself street savvy and have lived in many cities, but I've never really thought about something so terrible happening. I'm sure she felt the same.

Just came across this video which is an actual guided walk from the bridal boutique to her house. It's farther than I thought:

http://thebrunxonline.com/2012/09/2...re-jill-meagher-was-seen-on-cctv-to-her-home/

I don't think it's been posted here before, sorry if it has (or if it's not allowed for some reason).

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to WS...

I guess it is fairly common for women and men to walk alone there late at night?

I am in a mid-sized city in the US and would never do it, personally. I sometimes would like to take a walk in the evening, and even though my house is on a suburban street of nice homes, I won't do it after dark. Not because we have had a lot, or even to my knowledge, cases of people being abducted while walking, but just because I would be afraid that such a thing could happen.

On the other hand, when I am in NYC on a visit, I have no qualms about walking from a hotel to a store or shop at night, so maybe this is similar. Lots of people and activity=sense of security.

The reporter 2 nights ago who tweeted that TM had been arrested. Was this a blatant grab at getting more followers? I would hope there would be consequences for this. What on earth could her source have been?

I bet it was a follower grab. She deleted her tweet and then posted that the news of the arrest had been posted on the Find Jill FB page which was why she tweeted it, which was a lie - nobody posted anything of the sort on there until her tweet.

Not saying he would be a person who watched the news, maybe, but if this area is his stomping grounds, so to speak, surely he has seen the activity, the police presence, etc. and learned what was going on. It would be almost impossible not to.

Also, if he was known to Jill in any way, wouldn't her husband also probably be able to say he had seen him around and/or knew him too?

I got the impression he was a stranger to her, but not necessarily that he was accosting her on the video clip. It almost looked to me like she may have called him back to ask him a question. In any event they certainly had some sort of interaction and then it appeared that he walked away first.

I wonder if the man who said he did not see Jill walk past the place he stopped to eat saw this guy go by.

If she turned left down Hope Street, there's no reason why he would have seen her. The Turkish restaurant is on the other side of Hope Street, she wouldn't have needed to pass it.

And why is he so sure he would have seen her? He was only a minute ahead. I've never been in there and ordered a kebab and sat down within a minute.

BBM (Bolded by Me) - Sources can be any number of people.I doubt it was done intentionally to get followers. They have learned a lesson though, that is for sure, and probably been reprimanded to.

I am a reporter and was watching one guy here that was a person of interest with police about a missing man. I had befriended his neighbours. they rang me to tell me that he had been arrested, and told me they saw him walking out with his hands behind his back accompanied by police, and put in the back of the car. ... but he hadn't been arrested, nor had he been cuffed, he was walking with his hands behind his back. he was going down to the police station to be questioned. As much as these people were good to me and did give me many wonderful tips about behaviours of this man I always checked them out properly. I have gone on a whim before though (and I guess been lucky) - social media encourages you to do so, it's all very instant and out there asap - short and to the point, no discussion, no explanation.

Hi All,

Nice to meet you all.

Wow she was so close to home. Just horrifying.

Hi All,

Nice to meet you all.

:welcome:

Great first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads