GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a long shot but 3AW just reported this on their Twitter Feed -

@RossAndJohn MFB say they attended suspicious car fire involving Toyota Corolla this morn intersection Sydney & Somerton Rds intersection

Strange that it would be reported if it is just a normal car fire..? Posting in case there could be a link.

I am nearly 100% certain that the video isn't edited. Those 5 seconds are lost because Jill and the man are standing pretty still. It records for a certain time after there is movement, and because there is pretty constant traffic only small sections are missed. The guy who looks behind is also missing for about a second, he enters the frame as the video is rolling from prior movement, it stops, and he almost immediately trips it off again, jumping to the middle of the screen. I believe that the guy moving away from Jill is what triggers the recording again.

Perhaps our perp has a thing for Brunettes ?
Redgoblin in response to your earlier question about the back of his head, to me it looks like a tuft of darker hair - similar in style to a mini mowhawk some males wear. IMO.

I know the police should have all of these previous Attacks and sketches on record but might be worth pasting all the pictures and links to the stories side by side on the Victorian Police Facebook page??

Will this be the story about the witnesses who saw the vehicle make a u-turn? Does news in Australia do these blurbs to make you watch the news like they do here, even if the "news" is not so new?

Guess I am wondering why they would wait until news time if they really had something new and important.

To get the highest number of viewers, yes it was what we found out last night, that was a pointer for the morning show (large audience, and often not the same audience that watches prime time current affairs shows)

But yes they do do they same blurbs - just like here to highlight different shows which, as I said, attract different audiences :)

Good morning to all my fellow Aussies (and good afternoon/evening to everyone else!)

May today be the day that Jill is found.

Just in case anyone has missed my question in the flurry of posts - can any of the locals down there advise on the stage of that building site up Little Breese Street? That's the one towards the rear of the block just north of Hope St. On Google maps it is very large and very basic still - large area of exposed dirt, and what look like footings for buildings or pylons, plus a crane, and a blue digger. That is straight across Hope St from the laneway of the handbag - then head north up Little Breese St.

If that area is still pretty basic, or if it is completed and no longer a building site, it could give us an idea as to just WHEN the imagery on Google Maps was taken. It shows as being taken in 2012 (the copyright watermark at the bottom) but we're almost 10 months into 2012 now.

It's probably of not much importance, but it helps put things in perspective.

don't know if this has been posted yet but another witness has come forward , this really is getting worse : http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...before-vanishing/story-fncynjr2-1226482146903

The link describes a witness has come forward to say he saw this bh follow Jill and a car do a u turn towards her ( think it's caught on cctv )
I feel terrible i thought the husband did it , it looks clear now he was innocent ...i'll put it down to inexperience on my part :S

Me too :( I guess I've been reasoning it's human nature to look close to home for the person responsible. Also, I used to do lots of fun things around Melbourne (go out, walk home in the wee hours etc.) and still like to think it's a reasonably safe place. Especially Sydney Rd, Brunswick ... an abduction from there still astounds me.

So anyone not familiar with the Melbourne area - think of one of your busiest streets. Full of shops, cafes, bars etc. and imagine an abduction from there? It's hard to wrap your head around.

Just in case anyone has missed my question in the flurry of posts - can any of the locals down there advise on the stage of that building site up Little Breese Street? That's the one towards the rear of the block just north of Hope St. On Google maps it is very large and very basic still - large area of exposed dirt, and what look like footings for buildings or pylons, plus a crane, and a blue digger. That is straight across Hope St from the laneway of the handbag - then head north up Little Breese St.

If that area is still pretty basic, or if it is completed and no longer a building site, it could give us an idea as to just WHEN the imagery on Google Maps was taken. It shows as being taken in 2012 (the copyright watermark at the bottom) but we're almost 10 months into 2012 now.

It's probably of not much importance, but it helps put things in perspective.

Check nearmaps?

Yes check Nearmaps, on there the building is finished so the google image is obviously very old.

Check nearmaps?

Good thinking Ozazure - thanks.

The Nearmap dated July 2012 shows that it is no longer a building site - it has a huge curved building on it and what looks like it could be a shopping centre or a multi-story carpark.

I had visions of Jill being placed on a building site as more concrete was going to be poured the next morning - sorry :blushing:

Interestingly - it STILL shows that white car in the laneway. Obviously a regular or a local who lives close.

And that waste block on Ovens St has even more skips and rubbish on it. Plus a white truck. I really hope that the police have searched all down there, and in all those back ends of buildings and sheds.

Police will not confirm reports that new CCTV footage has emerged showing a man in a blue hooded jumper running after ABC employee Jill Meagher along Sydney Road in Brunswick just moments before she vanished.
As the search for the 29-year-old enters its sixth day, police said they could not comment on claims that new vision given to police also shows a car performing a sudden U-turn while the man in the blue jumper runs after her.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ill-footage-20120927-26m8r.html#ixzz27cO0rGr3

A Victoria Police spokesman this morning said he could not comment on reports that police were examining new footage.
"We appreciate the interest, and if we need to put more information out [to the public] we will when it is appropriate. Our investigators are focused on the investigation," he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ill-footage-20120927-26m8r.html#ixzz27cO7g0G0

---------

You people have me totally intrigued. Love it. Ive been lurking reading the posts on Jill (im from Melbourne) so really frightening that this is so close to home. I am going off to learn the rules of the site and how to navigate my way around (first forum ive joined) before i start posting. I have the news on here and there are newsflashes on every hour but as of this morning there is no breakthrough on the CCTV footage - Vic Police are still asking the community for their assistance in identifying the hoodie and the randoms in the footage. So hopefully soon xxxxx I look forward to the chats - Elizabeth x

If BH is involved, where do you think he was going the first time he strode purposely past.
Wouldn't he have been better to accost her further up the road where it may have been darker and had alleys or his car nearby,especially if he did have knife or gun.
Seems riskier for him to return to what still looked like a busy place and I just don't see him producing a gun there and jill meekly following him.

I'm sure there had to be a car involved somehow, and I just don't get how he could have got her inside one quietly. I can't see the offer of a ride home working when she was so close to home.

Another thing I don't 'get' is how little her workmates and friends have had to say about this, especially her media savvy ones. Their silence is deafening.

'Police will not confirm reports that new CCTV footage has emerged showing a man in a blue hooded jumper running after ABC employee Jill Meagher along Sydney Road in Brunswick just moments before she vanished'.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ill-footage-20120927-26m8r.html#ixzz27cOvVAD1

I'd say there will be significant CCTV footage available - it would be painstaking work going through all the footage (which would take time). The upside, I think 'blue hoody' guy's days are numbered. :please:

Another thing I don't 'get' is how little her workmates and friends have had to say about this, especially her media savvy ones. Their silence is deafening.

I think they're obviously most concerned with allowing the police to get on with their job of finding their loved one and bringing her attacker to justice. I don't really see how her family and friends speaking out is going to help the case. If anything, it would probably create confusion for the public and distress for the friend/family member. Losing a loved one is an incredibly personal and private experience, and not one we are entitled to share no matter how curious we are.

You people have me totally intrigued. Love it. Ive been lurking reading the posts on Jill (im from Melbourne) so really frightening that this is so close to home. I am going off to learn the rules of the site and how to navigate my way around (first forum ive joined) before i start posting. I have the news on here and there are newsflashes on every hour but as of this morning there is no breakthrough on the CCTV footage - Vic Police are still asking the community for their assistance in identifying the hoodie and the randoms in the footage. So hopefully soon xxxxx I look forward to the chats - Elizabeth x

:wagon:

Don't be afraid to ask about any of the rules - someone will always help :) If you break a rule there will always be someone that will remind/explain to you too (or the sweetest mods will jump on you lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties