GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said she was a sweet lady , the computer did the rest oh no , sorry

You are probably working on an iPad then... the other day I was typing "or if"... and my iPad gave me "orifice"....

Later I was trying to type something (I don't remember what it was)... and my iPad wonderously gave me "toilet"...

I think my iPad has a sophomoric sense of humor! :giggle:

And... :welcome4: Captainchrissie!

Her husband said that she had left her purse at home and only had her bankcard, when he said "purse" he may have meant her wallet rather than handbag :)

I agree.. I think in Aus/NZ (where I'm from) we tend to refer to our wallet rather than our handbag as our 'purse'. I almost never take my whole purse (wallet) out on the town with me as it seems pointless to haul around all the 100's of cards we keep in there!

without sounding like ive lost hope of her being alive, up Hope street, just after tullamarine overpass is a long creek, easily accessible, has this area been searched by police I wonder

Everyone is so focussed on whether she made the call to her brother before or after the CCTV that is circulating. I think she had made the call and had hung up as she appeared in right hand part of screen and the voices were passerbys and hoodie bloke. Mobile then started to ring (brother or hubby) and hoodie bloke orders her not to answer.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Gave me shivers just reading!

My goodness I can not beleive this.....I can not find any mention of "red" car.....I am telling you I did hear it this morning, I think they also said it was a small hatchback red car....and it was the guy in black who had come forward............now when I google it, it says that police wont confirm about a witness who saw a car do a UTurn...I swear I definitely heard it, because this morning when I posted, I actually posted about someone knowing a guy with a mohawk with a red car.........hmmmmm wonder what that is about........or else I am going mad.

To support you I heard a caller on 3AW mention red car to on the breakfast show this morning - that may be how it got started because I don't think there is a formal mention of the car making a U turn is there?

I know it was mentioned on the news on 3AW on the last hourly news but red wasn't mentioned.

I am wondering too, everyone is after this gent in the hoodie but no one is worried about the others police want to speak to - there were 6 in total and only one has come forward. Surely others have by now.

Jill's mum said that although Jill was slight, she had done tae kwon do and was a fighter, that makes it less likely to me that one person could get her into a car against her will.
There just had to be a car involved or surely her body would have been found by now.

After fiddling around for ages with the CCTV video, I managed to capture BH's face looking into the window of the boutique. Look between the two mannequins on the top right and you'll see his face.

I'm still trying to catch up here, so it's back to page 9 for me.

View attachment 26963

He preferred to stay away from the lights, possibly knew there was a camera.

He would make his job to know where the cameras were.

thanks canine, am thinking this is the case, because I was so interested in this case and when I woke was eager to see if she had been found. Has got me wondering now though, because I do think it was my local news, which is in Townsville, wondering if they may have given out too much info or yes let the cat slip out of the bag.......

Hi Revampz! We just moved down to Melbourne from near Townsville a few months ago :) Hello :)

I taped the Today Show today as I knew I wouldn't get a chance to watch it. I'll have a look at it either tonight or tomorrow morning...see if there's anything about a red hatch back. I'll post what I hear!

I agree.. I think in Aus/NZ (where I'm from) we tend to refer to our wallet rather than our handbag as our 'purse'. I almost never take my whole purse (wallet) out on the town with me as it seems pointless to haul around all the 100's of cards we keep in there!

Yes it is a bit confusing.....after being on here a while, I notice americans call what we call handbag, purse. Which to us here and as you explained is your wallet. I see wallet as being for men, and purse for women, where you keep your money and cards........and then handbag is where you keep your purse, makeup, phone....and dont get me started on what else I have seen being kept in a handbag...

and yes when I use to go out, I too would leave my purse at home and just take maybe some cash and one eftpos card.........much safer

My goodness I can not beleive this.....I can not find any mention of "red" car.....I am telling you I did hear it this morning, I think they also said it was a small hatchback red car....and it was the guy in black who had come forward............now when I google it, it says that police wont confirm about a witness who saw a car do a UTurn...I swear I definitely heard it, because this morning when I posted, I actually posted about someone knowing a guy with a mohawk with a red car.........hmmmmm wonder what that is about........or else I am going mad.

I wouldn't think you're going mad. Perhaps one of the witnesses prematurely spoke with the media about what he saw. Maybe Detectives don't want the offenders to 'get a heads up'.

I'm sure I also read today that a car was found mysteriously on fire, or burnt out (something like that) in Brunswick today???

You are probably working on an iPad then... the other day I was typing "or if"... and my iPad gave me "orifice"....

Later I was trying to type something (I don't remember what it was)... and my iPad wonderously gave me "toilet"...

I think my iPad has a sophomoric sense of humor! :giggle:

And... :welcome4: Captainchrissie!

Haha, I'm always updating/editing my posts with "Ipadisms" as the reason... :)

Why would it discredit me? I posted the quote from msm as stated by police. I followed the rules and posted the link. I dont understand your comment about discrediting me?? The link I posted was updated 7hrs ago!

Gosh I must be very unclear this evening/morning lol

it was not a personal comment, you had said it was 1:45, I was saying that you are correct but I know that I had seen / heard 1:43 because that was what had triggered me to actually do the timeline. When I did the timeline I had heard and read 1:45 earlier, the time change meant to me that maybe they had verified the time against phone records that we know were received by police the day I did it.

I do not pick on posters, I will question to verify what I may not understand, and often bounce off a post.

I am not arguing with you :)
the reason I said that was because I know what you are saying is right, I didn't what you thinking you weren't correct :banghead: Sorry for the confusion

I swore I wouldn't start hypothesising based on the very little info we have - but here's a thought. If there was some sort of ploy to get her to walk further up the street, like suggesting someone else was following her, BH (or whoever harmed her) may have said he would accompany her up the street to the police station - I'm not from the area but didn't someone say there was a police station further up the road? But she was attacked before she got there.

Her body language, to me, suggests she was tossing up what to do - I don't get the feeling that she was threatened to do something during the time of the CCTV (with a gun, knife, etc). I feel she was making a decision i.e. to keep walking, to stop, make a call, etc. Like something was a bit off, and she was figuring out what to do next. The fact that she continued on her path says to me she felt it was safer to keep going, than turn back the way she came. For whatever reason.

i wonder if she did actually dial 000 on her phone in secret without showing hoodie she was doing so when she did realise she was in danger, and just left the phone running live in the hope police would be alerted and track her down. Maybe calling her brother was a way of being able to pick up the phone, so she could hang up and just press 000 and not talk. Have there been any reports of a call to 000 being made and no response from dialer at that time.

GOOD THINKING 99! Jill could have dialled 000 and just left the phone open and let them know where she was.

I wouldn't think you're going mad. Perhaps one of the witnesses prematurely spoke with the media about what he saw. Maybe Detectives don't want the offenders to 'get a heads up'.

I'm sure I also read today that a car was found mysteriously on fire, or burnt out (something like that) in Brunswick today???

BBM - LOL You did - it was posted on this forum and originated from a poster hearing a caller on the radio:)

GOOD THINKING 99! Jill could have dialled 000 and just left the phone open and let them know where she was.
If this was the case, her phone would have been engaged and would have immediately gone to voicemail when her brother and husband rang. Didn't they say that it rang out before going to voicemail?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/y...ually-assaulted-after-con-20120801-23dvb.html

I think this may be what people are recalling in terms of a red car.

This is one of the stories with a suspect fitting a similar description to BH.

Right. I thought this initially too. However, if it is a red hatchback in both cases...

There's been so little in terms of the police addressing the public today, makes me feel as if they've got leads... hopefully something will break the case soon.

If this was the case, her phone would have been engaged and would have immediately gone to voicemail when her brother and husband rang. Didn't they say that it rang out before going to voicemail?

:welcome:

If someone calls me when I am on my mobile it will ring normally and eventually go through to voicemail - it doesn't go straight to voicemail. I get a notification beep to say there is another call and an option to go to it or ignore it.

I am sure if she rang 000 it would have been reported. I am guessing that an open line and no comment would be treated pretty seriously. MOO

The 5pm Channell 1o Melbourne News reported the following:
Vic Police has spoken with the one witness who has come forward so far. His name is Daniel and he couldnt remember any detail of seeing Gill or BH. He was the man who was walking 60 seconds earlier.
Vic Police have found additional CCTv from other shops that shows clearer vision of BH but will not be releasing this to the public at this stage.
Vic Police still have 5 more potential witnessess from that orginal CCTV to come forward.
Vic Police and local Politician plea-ing for anyone with any info to come forward.

Also, on local radio station 3AW spoke with the Manager of the Sydney Road
Traders Association, and she advised radio host Neil Mitchell, that they are holding a candlelight tomorrow night (7 days missing) for Jill.

IMO the leading story could have gone for longer, (only went for 3 mins at most) but sports mad Channel 10 were really quick to jump to AFL blah blah blah for the upcoming GF for Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000