GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder about the non-cooperating.......does it tend to suggest that she is more likely to be dead/alive (anyone who is experienced at analyzing crime?) or is it just BH playing mind games with police?

Midsummer, I'd say it's more likely that the police are playing mind games with BH. :wink:

To me all one could say about that art gallery footage by itself was he was walking several meters behind her on the same footpath in the same direction. Had he not been seen with her in later cctv footage no one would say he was following her.
I agree with this. The footage isn't clear at all.

One of the TV news channels said that there was believed to be a third CCTV clip which the police haven't released and it showed him running after her, then a car doing a sudden u-turn (sorry I can't remember which one, my kids were flicking between channels and I didn't catch all of the details).

Gosh, how awful. Long time lurker. I had to drive over there today and I used to live in a street that ran off Hope Street. I decided to drive through the back streets on my way to Coburg in the hope I might possibly see something. Silly I know but I am feeling so sick about this case because it's so close to home and my heart just breaks for her husband and family.

I can't help thinking that all your wonderful work has helped the police and it's so good to read intelligent discussion rather than so many other sites where people "know" what happened without "knowing" what happened.

I do wonder about the non-cooperating.......does it tend to suggest that she is more likely to be dead/alive (anyone who is experienced at analyzing crime?) or is it just BH playing mind games with police?
I wondered this too. Why would he refuse to cooperate, since the police obviously have evidence.

Is he trying to strike a deal? Is he bargaining? "I'll tell you where she is if you guarantee me a shorter sentence?"

Ok so it's 4:46am here and I haven't been asleep yet! Been reading all night!
Where is Jill? Praying that she is found quickly!:please:
My heart goes out to her family and friends at this time.

:eek:fftobed:

Is there any significance to the fact that they are questioning him at St Kilda police station? or is that just where the HDs are based? Just curious because of the Dutch girls rape.

ETA - its the St Kilda ROAD station the major station, never mind :)

I'm so pleased this site is so victim friendly. Other sites had her husband headed for the gallows. The poor, poor man. What hell he's living :(

You rarely ever hear the many apologies that people who find themselves in this situation deserve.

Doesn't take long for life to go on for 'social media folk and sleuthers' who soon move onto other cases and causes, but they, the family and friends affected, are left behind and alone with the emotional impact these types of adverse comments have had in their lives.

Leave Jill’s husband Tom Meagher alone

Can you imagine if your loved spouse disappeared, presumed abducted and possibly murdered, and thousands of people with zero information pointed the finger at you?

Just think of the extra emotional turmoil and pain caused by these kind of wild accusations and suspicions at a time that must already feel like your worst waking nightmare.

This is precisely what has happened in the last few days to Tom Meagher, wife of missing ABC staffer Jill Meagher, who disappeared from Brunswick early Saturday morning.

Read More http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/...mments/leave_jills_husband_tom_meagher_alone/

Is there any significance to the fact that they are questioning him at St Kilda police station? or is that just where the HDs are based? Just curious because of the Dutch girls rape.

It is standard procedure in cases like this one.

I know both areas, and very similar - for the same reasons
Not sure how similar Brunswick and Newtown are. They may look to be similar like all suburbs that undergo gentrification. As an ex-Sydney University student who lived in Newtown for 12 years, I know it was as rough as guts when I first moved there. It was full of cheap pubs and Friday and Saturday nights were totally alcohol fuelled. You stayed off the streets. But there were no other drugs happening. 12 years later there were drugs all over the place. There was a murder two doors away from where I lived. It was a drug deal gone wrong, and the people involved were rich yuppies. In Newtown the really bad drug scene came with gentrification. I saw it happen.

I wondered this too. Why would he refuse to cooperate, since the police obviously have evidence.

Is he trying to strike a deal? Is he bargaining? "I'll tell you where she is if you guarantee me a shorter sentence?"

Unlikely - if this is the right person it would have a been a very stressful week and I reckon you're more likely to see the person put up the shutters and not engage, or totally breakdown ...

it is a very rare breed that that could coldly negotiate after everything the we can suppose has happened - of course, we know those Ted Bundy type psychopaths do exist

I wonder if the forensic team are tearing the arrested suspect's home apart, looking for anything from blue hoodies to signs of Jill? And evidence such as hairs on clothes, blood, whatever?

Bit odd that the media haven't caught up with the forensic unit yet - I would have thought they'd have followed them all the way there, monitoring on their scanners....

Sadly, I would personally imagine if he is not cooperating then the likely outcome is that Jill will not be found alive. Chances are if she was still alive it would be in his interests to divulge this as the consequences to him if she is still alive but dies while he is in custody would be greater. Coupled with the fact that they are referring it as a "full on homicide investigation" (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-arrested-over-jill-meagher-case-20120927-26nu7.html) leaves me with mixed emotions. Pleased of course that an arrest has been made, but any hope (as fleeting as it may have been some 6 days down the track) of finding her alive diminishes more which leaves me with a heavy heart. All IMO of course and I pray to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro