GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree regardless where you live there will always be predators waiting for the opportunity.

I like the space and quiet of the suburbs. One of my sons lives in Surry Hills, Sydney. Like Newtown, some parts are nicer than others. Generally I think you get a higher concentration of these type of people around inner cities.
My father in law was chief supt of police in Sydney, a cop of the old school, and there were plenty of places he wouldn't go at night alone even back then.

Update on sky news, no charges laid yet. Still waiting for Police media conference.

I am concerned about the health of Jill's father...does anyone know how he is doing?
This is so tragic.

I on the other hand love it. My sister lives there, we walk everywhere we go. Fab restaurants, cafes and shopping. I've never felt unsafe, having said that I have a toddler so don't find myself walking the street after midnight...

Valid point! But I would personally never walk anywhere alone at night (especially as I am 7mths preg) but my partner has a cousin living in Brunswick (previously in Parkville) who was pretty adamant that I was to not walk around there alone at all at night mostly. I'm getting more and more worried about going anywhere alone these days!

so does this mean police missed her handbag in the alley way in their initial search? for some reason the arrest of this perp doesnt seem to fit in with the idea of it being planted, in my opinion? unless he had a car and accomplice, and they returned it when they found it left in the car? but really, why bother?
The jury is still out on the handbag placement.

I am leaning more towards a person picked it up prior to knowledge of Jill's disappearance.

Then when the disappearance hit the media.. the handbag was discretely placed where it was eventually found.

Who knows where it was originally?

All JMO..

Owhhh jeezzz..... Blimey, not looking good at all....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6nf-1226482872570

Police Building Murder Case After Over Jill Meagher Disappearance

The investigation into the disappearance of Jill Meagher has taken a tragic turn, with confirmation that homicide detectives do not expect to find the popular 29 year old Irish immigrant alive.

<snip>

t is understood the man, from the inner Melbourne suburb of Coburg, is the man captured on a CCTV camera wearing a blue hoodie and approaching Ms Meagher outside a bridal shop on Sydney Road Brunswick, as she was walking the short distance to her house from a bar where she had been drinking with work colleagues.

It was reported that homicide detectives believed the man did not know Ms Meagher and that she had fallen victim to a violent, random attack. Police sources confirmed they were building a murder case.

I watched the footage lots of times and looked at the time stamp, it looked like she was scrolling through phone book to find number then she put the phone to her ear as she walked off from out front of the bridal shop. Oxygen thief was hovering while she was fiddling with the phone. Reports said she called brother in Perth at 0143 Melbourne time and that coincided with the time stamp on the cctv.

Do we know why she called her brother? TIA

I on the other hand love it. My sister lives there, we walk everywhere we go. Fab restaurants, cafes and shopping. I've never felt unsafe, having said that I have a toddler so don't find myself walking the street after midnight...

I frequent Coburg very occasionally as well due to work. Very seedy area, wasn't like that years ago. Also Merri Creek Bike Path goes from Darebin right up to Moreland, many isolated areas there, you just can't be too careful, always be out with someone else never alone. I have ridden through parts of the bike path but only weekends with friends and it's a busy path in some areas, would not ride alone.

I love Sydney Road and the area/areas around here, very diverse and so much to offer. Dont discount the area b/c of this. There are shady/rotten characters everywhere. I'd say nights in any suburb are different to day time. Take the city for example, safe during the day, night time can be pretty confronting depending where you are and on what night you're there.

"The search for Jill will go through the night.
Police say the man worked alone
He is expected to be charged. This will take a long time. I don't feel comfortable saying what he'll be charged with.
Police ar asking for media to co-operate with search
Guys this isn't good
Oh no.
Police: we have a man in custody and we are going to charge him "

https://twitter.com/AhronYoung

Do we know why she called her brother? TIA

Possibly to try and tell him she was in trouble, but covered up by saying it was about her Dad's health, then said 'I'm worried' a couple of times. Call was ended abruptly. (that's what police reports said) Brother tried to ring her back and phone rang out then went to voicemail.

Anyone know which journalists are at the briefing? I'm watching AndrewJaffrey and Ahron in twitter, wondering if there are others I can follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme