GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A worker at a Sydney Rd shop, which provided the police with key CCTV footage, said everyone including the staff was scared, "so everyone would be relieved that police had (arrested) someone".
"All the owners around here were very scared, but last night there were still girls walking around here," said the worker, who did not want to be identified.
"It's a great relief and everyone will feel safe."

She said she checked the footage on Sunday morning.
"I wasn't even supposed to be around here, but I thought I would check, randomly," she said.
The worker was unnerved to know she was watching the last moments before Ms Meagher disappeared.
"I watched it and it was sickening to have seen that. If I had not checked my video I might never have realised," she said

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ill-meagher-case/story-e6frf7kx-1226482923777

I presume that was the pizza shop lady though it is not mentioned in that article.

A worker at a Sydney Rd shop, which provided the police with key CCTV footage, said everyone including the staff was scared, "so everyone would be relieved that police had (arrested) someone".
"All the owners around here were very scared, but last night there were still girls walking around here," said the worker, who did not want to be identified.

"I wasn't even supposed to be around here, but I thought I would check, randomly," she said.
The worker was unnerved to know she was watching the last moments before Ms Meagher disappeared.
"I watched it and it was sickening to have seen that. If I had not checked my video I might never have realised," she said

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ill-meagher-case/story-e6frf7kx-1226482923777

Yes and that is the mysterious "she wasn't/I wasn't" part of the text. Plus the word randomly kind of implies she wasn't expecting to see anything.

I agree that the "you're being followed" trick may have well been used, and could explain that last look over the shoulder before moving out of camera view :(

MOO

We need a local to pop in to Godfathers and Crust for pizza and ask them if they were the ones who found the cctv footage on Sunday morning. Then we will know. Any locals feel like pizza for dinner?

We need a local to pop in to Godfathers and Crust for pizza and ask them if they were the ones who found the cctv footage on Sunday morning. Then we will know. Any locals feel like pizza for dinner?

just call them

would probably tell you to piss off though

From article Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28pm

A woman who lives in one of two units in the alley where the handbag was found said it was unusual anyone would be in the area.

Sally, who didn't want to give her surname, said the lane way was a driveway leading to the back of shops on Sydney Rd.

The mum lives above one of two empty shops on Hope St and said only locals would know how to find the alley. "It's a blind spot, you'd have to know it to find it," Sally said.

"It's such a creepy spot, it's unusual that anyone would come down here for any reason, you don't just walk down here."

Sally said the lane was so secluded it didn't even attract drunk revelers from bars on Sydney Rd.

"I usually feel really safe here because it is so quiet."

She said she didn't hear anything unusual or any yelling on early Saturday morning.

"(On Saturday) I heard people talking but nothing scary."

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/courier-mail/cctv-in-search-for-missing-jill-meagher/791904

If client admits their guilt to lawyer, they can still plead not guilty, BUT, lawyer cannot plead a defence such as alibi etc. Basically, it's left to prosecution to adduce evidence to prove guilt 'beyond reasonable doubt'. If prosecution does not succeed, client gets off.

AB has admitted guilt to police in a record of interview. It is mandatory that this interview be video taped by police. This interview is then transcribed, with copies going to both the prosecution and the defence. The actual video can also be used in court if need be. AB may choose to say that he was coerced, assaulted physically or verbally or whatever to gain a confession but the record of interview will show the true extent of his admission and how police conducted themselves. I think AB has got Buckley's of getting out of this one.

MOO.

Yes and that is the mysterious "she wasn't/I wasn't" part of the text. Plus the word randomly kind of implies she wasn't expecting to see anything.

I agree that the "you're being followed" trick may have well been used, and could explain that last look over the shoulder before moving out of camera view :(

MOO

I don't think it's mysterious, she called into work on a day she didn't normally work, decided out of the blue to check cctv, was surprised at what she saw on the footage.

AB has admitted guilt to police in a record of interview. It is mandatory that this interview be video taped by police. This interview is then transcribed, with copies going to both the prosecution and the defence. The actual video can also be used in court if need be. AB may choose to say that he was coerced, assaulted physically or verbally or whatever to gain a confession but the record of interview will show the true extent of his admission and how police conducted themselves. I think AB has got Buckley's of getting out of this one.

MOO.

I agree Makara. Also I think a copy of the video would be given to the defence as well as transcripts.

And this is what makes me think AB had a weapon. It really does look like he has a gun in his right hand and Jill puts her hands in front of her in the Duchess Boutique CCTV footage.

But once again, the call to her brother was made after that footage. So it doesn't make sense that she would call her brother, talk about her father while a man had just shown her a weapon.

I think a few decided what looked like a gun was something to do with a shadow thingy that appeared around lighter objects throughout the footage.

MOO.

We don't know exactly what he did or did not admit in interview. We know it's video recorded. All we know so far is what he is currently charged with, and he hasn't entered a plea yet.

"I wasn't even supposed to be around here, but I thought I would check, randomly," she said. The worker was unnerved to know she was watching the last moments before Ms Meagher disappeared.

Sorry but I want to know what was "sickening" ???

I agree Makara. Also I think a copy of the video would be given to the defence as well as transcripts.

Yep, sorry Ali. I did mean the video as well. I'm thinking in shorthand here. :what:

From article Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28pm

A woman who lives in one of two units in the alley where the handbag was found said it was unusual anyone would be in the area.

Sally, who didn't want to give her surname, said the lane way was a driveway leading to the back of shops on Sydney Rd.

The mum lives above one of two empty shops on Hope St and said only locals would know how to find the alley. "It's a blind spot, you'd have to know it to find it," Sally said.

"It's such a creepy spot, it's unusual that anyone would come down here for any reason, you don't just walk down here."

Sally said the lane was so secluded it didn't even attract drunk revelers from bars on Sydney Rd.

"I usually feel really safe here because it is so quiet."

She said she didn't hear anything unusual or any yelling on early Saturday morning.

"(On Saturday) I heard people talking but nothing scary."

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/courier-mail/cctv-in-search-for-missing-jill-meagher/791904

If you have devious plans, knowing about these dark lanes in the area just off the main road would be easily worked out in advance. Google earth searches maybe or just walking around the area in daylight. Maybe he silenced Jill as soon as they got around the corner. She may have hopefully been unconscious, hence no signs of a struggle or further screams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties