GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find!

:moo:

I guess that if this is the footage people were speaking about when they said she was oblivious to him running after her, the red car doing a u-turn at the same time is not related.

Does anyone know where this pizza shop could be, in relation to the art supply shop and Duchess bridal? He was walking slightly behind her at the art store, but by Duchess bridal he was significantly in front. It makes sense that he would have been running at some stage to get that far in front of her.

Oh dear. I just had a thought.

What if he was running to get his gun from his car. That would explain why he was walking with his hand in his pocket on his second pass in front of Duchess bridal.

:moo:

I honestly think if he had a gun that it would have been mentioned by now. He would have more charges for possession of a weapon, and the charge would be aggravated abduction no? imo

It is chilling to think what would have happened if not for the video. She might have become one of those women who vanish and no one would ever know what had happened to her, most likely. There would be rumors she had run off, etc...heaven knows there are way too many women who have vanished without a trace and police can't say for sure that they were abducted, even when it becomes obvious.

This case reminds me so much of what happened to Mickey Shunick here in USA in May, the only difference being she was on a bicycle. She too was returning home in the wee hours from a night out with friends, and his truck was spotted on video.

Her murderer, a felon, did everything possible to cover his tracks, from burning his truck and buying a replica, to trying to alter his driver's license to remove the "Sex offender" tag, trying to bribe a worker to omit it from his truck purchase papers, and on and on. And then, once caught and facing possible death, he confessed and led police to Mickey's body, where the coward had fought her with a knife and finally shot her in the head. What a complete coward in every way. Yet even knowing the death penalty was a possibility did not deter him from committing his crime. Ugh.

I honestly think if he had a gun that it would have been mentioned by now. He would have more charges for possession of a weapon, and the charge would be aggravated abduction no? imo

Charges can and do change, initial charges are just the beginning as the police build the brief of evidence in this matter im sure additional charges will be laid.

The Art Supplies stores is called Deans Art and is located at 475A Sydney Road.

This is where the second footage we have comes from where it appears he is following her.

Approximately 120 meters & 2 minutes walk form 517.

Don't forget that he was seen on the Duchess CCTV not once but THREE times.

So he got well ahead of Jill (or was already ahead of her) when he strode past, appearing to be full of purpose. Was this to position his car, perhaps, down the lane?

Then we see him walk back south - and he may have walked past Jill so as not to arouse her suspicions, and then turned around and run a bit to catch up with her and perhaps spin her the yarn about somebody following her. He would have needed to come up on her from behind for that to ring true, I think.

And maybe it was that last catch-up that was caught on the pizza shop CCTV? Or both - heading south, turning around, then catching up?

Unfortunately mace/pepper spray is illegal in Australia. IMO the best line of defence is awareness of your surroundings and taking a self defence class or form of martial arts.

It is illegal, plus you have to be trained to use mace. Eg distance that you hold it from perp and how much you release ect.

Second problem with that is that it is not taken from you and used on yourself.

Here's the Brunswick local blog again - The Brunx, which features the video of the walk to Lux Way. I know it's been posted a few times already - but just in case you want another look without having to search for it. So many driveways, alleys, paths and lanes all the way :(

thebrunxonline.com

Keen, I don't think it matters that the pizza place was closed as long as cctv was working same as Duchess bridal.

I know that it does not matter that the shop was shut as there were also cameras in an art shop that picked them up.

There are approximately 15 visible CCTV cameras between Bar Etiquette on Sydney Road, Brunswick, where Ms Meagher was drinking with ABC colleagues on Friday night and the bridal shop where she was last seen at 1:43am on Saturday.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6nf-1226482872570

Doc, the closest pizza shop I can find south of Duchess bridal (no 517) is Crust Pizza at 455. Can any locals confirm this. Godfathers is back further. Jill likely walked past both after she crossed the road from bar Etiquette. Maybe the cctv of one these pizza shops got a really good face video of him and the police said to AB "we know you were in Sydney street because this is your face and we can see what you are wearing. We therefore can identify you from the Duchess cctv and have evidence you were talking to Jill.

I too don't think Jill got past Hope Street. Dan, the guy in the orange shirt said he would have seen her if she walked passed the turkish shop north of Hope st which is where he got and ate his kebab for 10 mins. I don't think that AB would have risked taking Jill past that shop as it seems it was the only shop open between Duchess bridal and just past Hope street and it had people in it that could have intervened.

Edit Deans Art supply is 475 Sydney Rd so between the pizza place and Duchess bridal

Snap Ali.
clap1.gif
Good pick up on Crust Pizza at 455 Sydney Road. It wasn't there in 2009 when Google Maps did their drive-by. I'm assuming that the 'art gallery' CCTV footage came from Dean's Art at 475A Sydney Road (on the corner of Sydney Road and Ballarat Street), not very far from where Crust Pizza is now situated and also very close to the Duchess Boutique.

The Art Supplies stores is called Deans Art and is located at 475A Sydney Road.

This is where the second footage we have comes from where it appears he is following her.

Approximately 120 meters & 2 minutes walk form 517.

There were many other cameras as well that footage was not released to public.

:maddening:
Unfortunately mace/pepper spray is illegal in Australia. IMO the best line of defence is awareness of your surroundings and taking a self defence class or form of martial arts.

I'd have thought so too but I read somewhere that Jill knew tai Kwan do ( or however you spell it). And it didn't stop this monster overpowering her!

Google maps is terribly out of date - even the Meaghers' apartment building is still a vacant lot.

Charges can and do change, initial charges are just the beginning as the police build the brief of evidence in this matter im sure additional charges will be laid.

I understand that, I still think gunpoint (especially given it is Australia) would have been mentioned.

Maybe they have lots of footage of him and Jill separately but only one or two in particular that capture his face very clearly. The police didn't release this footage and they identified him "internally" I read, presumably from that footage. Then they watched him.

At 2am in the morning?

This is my point. I imagine that if the woman (from the Turkish shop) works in the area and is familiar with the comings and goings/antics of people in the early hours of Saturday morning -why did she hear the scream and call the police? If it was something she heard regularly and was desensitised to?

Don't forget that he was seen on the Duchess CCTV not once but THREE times.

So he got well ahead of Jill (or was already ahead of her) when he strode past, appearing to be full of purpose. Was this to position his car, perhaps, down the lane?

Then we see him walk back south - and he may have walked past Jill so as not to arouse her suspicions, and then turned around and run a bit to catch up with her and perhaps spin her the yarn about somebody following her. He would have needed to come up on her from behind for that to ring true, I think.

And maybe it was that last catch-up that was caught on the pizza shop CCTV? Or both - heading south, turning around, then catching up?

BBM - I think that is what he did, when he "strolls" south the second time he has everything set up.

Off Topic: How bout them Swans? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members