GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info. I would think that it would make any attacker even if they had a weapon run away.

Fantastic LB. I am going to buy one. All parents of young woman should buy one for their daughters.

Definitely. There are a lot of different types if you do a search. Just be careful though with ones like the Quell, if you are mucking around and pull the pin make sure it's one you can easily get it back in to cancel if it's set off accidentally :-) Looks like a lot of them are that style which can attach to your key chain. They are a good idea for anyone to carry but definitely for daughters.

And this is what makes me think AB had a weapon. It really does look like he has a gun in his right hand and Jill puts her hands in front of her in the Duchess Boutique CCTV footage.

I agree. I think he had a gun! Would explain a lot!

i keep thinking of jill, so young and pretty and carefree, enjoying her life, looking forward to the weekend with her adored husband, sadly, not knowing what evil was was waiting, literally, around the corner, her poor husband tom, all the plans made, the life ahead of them, the happy day to day routine, how cruel and senseless it all is.

I was amazed at the amount of flowers left for Jill at the boutique. Amazing. Also lots at a local church and at her apartment. And where he dumped her. :( There was a little girl sobbing, it is amazing how deep this loss is felt. I am amazed by the reaction. Seeing that little girl made me tear up for the first time. It's just so unfair. I hope justice will be served.

This is the 'aerosol type' I have. Can get refills (which I didn't know)

Walk Easy Personal Alarm
One press of the Walk Easy alarm blasts 138 decibels of ear piercing sound audible to up to ¼ of a mile away. Simply clip your Walk Easy onto your clothes or belt, while you jog, walk alone, use it to fire down the phone and stop nuisance calls, or keep it beside your bed for piece of mind at night. The Walk Easy personal alarm screeches for up to 6 minutes, works upside down, and will continue to work even if dropped on the ground.

* 138 decibel sound output
* Works even if used upside down
* More than six minutes continuous sound output or 300 intermittent blasts
* Attaches to a holster that clips on for practical, every day protection against attacks
* Provides personal protection for high school students, teenagers, security personnel, shop staff, elderly people and shift workers.
* When the cap is pushed down it will continue to work even if dropped to the ground
* Made in the United Kingdom

http://besafeinthecity.com/australia/products.html

I was amazed at the amount of flowers left for Jill at the boutique. Amazing. Also lots at a local church and at her apartment. And where he dumped her. :( There was a little girl sobbing, it is amazing how deep this loss is felt. I am amazed by the reaction. Seeing that little girl made me tear up for the first time. It's just so unfair. I hope justice will be served.

Those flowers are just beautiful, and the flowers and bear at that roadside, so sad :-(

I think she was already in his car.

"Police will allege that he eventually told them the story, admitting he grabbed Jill Meagher and took her to a side street where he sexually assaulted her." (from the John Silvester article)

he (allegedly) assaulted her in the alley - he didn't drive her somewhere else to assault her.

Which, by the way, is a tiny bit of good news. It means it was probably relatively brief, not torture.

http://media.watoday.com.au/news/national-news/community-in-shock-over-missing-woman-3663407.html

go to 00:39 for quote of local ABOUT Turkish Lady hearing and reporting scream to police

Thanks so much for that Berry, well done. Well it looks like I was only partly right or partly wrong. :what: I also thought that woman was the owner of the Turkish restaurant. So it would seem that the owner of the Turkish restaurant did phone the police about the screams! Why didn't they attend FFS! :banghead:

Possibly at gunpoiint? No choice.

I'm definitely with you Fuskier. Sure looks like a handgun in a video clip previously posted. He looks like he is forcibly and menacingly beckoning her forward as he slowly moves forward also. And she feels she has no choice but to comply.

You can multiquote by clicking on the inverted comma's next to quote. Click the comma's on as many posts as you want then go down to the end of the last post and click on post reply and all the quotes come up.

http://www.personalsecuritycompany....d-emergency-personal-alarm-keychain-led-light

oops wrong price $14.99 now on key chain, sound can last for an HOUR

This Personal Alarm is designed to look like a car remote to disguise it from potential attackers. It features a loud 130 dB alarm. Simply pull the pin, and this ear-piercing alarm will activate for up to a half hour of continuous sound.

That WalkEasy alarm is $99 on AU/NZ website, it's made in UK, found it on one UK site, 7GBP !

All the news breaks tonight keep mentioning the text that Jill sent her husband urging him to join her at the bar. How terribly, terribly sad! So many 'whatifs'!

I'm definitely with you Fuskier. Sure looks like a handgun in a video clip previously posted. He looks like he is forcibly and menacingly beckoning her forward as he slowly moves forward also. And she feels she has no choice but to comply.

Agree, maybe this will come out in the wash.

"Police will allege that he eventually told them the story, admitting he grabbed Jill Meagher and took her to a side street where he sexually assaulted her." (from the John Silvester article)

he (allegedly) assaulted her in the alley - he didn't drive her somewhere else to assault her.

Which, by the way, is a tiny bit of good news. It means it was probably relatively brief, not torture.
Can we believe him? Was there further rape? violent assault? etc. The autopsy report will inform us of those facts. IMO. He has allegedly admitted to the crime and taken Police to her burial site, but the details from the autopsy will yeild what happened to Jill.

The Art Supplies stores is called Deans Art and is located at 475A Sydney Road.

This is where the second footage we have comes from where it appears he is following her.

Approximately 120 meters & 2 minutes walk form 517.

Does anyone still have a link handy to the Art Store footage? I've seen it once on tv but can't locate it online.

Thanks so much for that Berry, well done. Well it looks like I was only partly right or partly wrong. :what: I also thought that woman was the owner of the Turkish restaurant. So it would seem that the owner of the Turkish restaurant did phone the police about the screams! Why didn't they attend FFS! :banghead:

Was reading somewhere a theory about 'off record' briefing to media - given what we have heard since about priors and the possible backlash from public about any person with such a history being in the community, police might have wanted media on-side to cope with reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha