GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they tell time of death from stomach contents after a week? If she ate during the evening they may know from her friends' accounts when that was.

That said I think he folded pretty quickly and probably gave a pretty accurate account of the timeline.

Could they tell time of death from stomach contents after a week? If she ate during the evening they may know from her friends' accounts when that was.

That said I think he folded pretty quickly and probably gave a pretty accurate account of the timeline.

No - stomach contents MAY give a clue as to WHAT she ate - if anything - but after that time, it would be very difficult if not impossible to determine the time of death accurately based on the rate and level of digestion and absorption. Given that she'd been out drinking, most of the contents would likely have been liquid, and already passed through the stomach both in mechanical transit plus absorption. Her stomach is likely to have been close to empty at the time of death, unless she had something to eat just before leaving Bar Etiquette.

And even then, the natural decomposition after several days would make TOD determination based on stomach contents very unreliable.

I think, as I said before, the most likely determinant of TOD would be his confession plus corroboration from the phone call times and the CCTV.

I know this is nothing to do with the topic, but given that many on here are interested in following searches etc, there is a plane missing in SE Qld with 6 people on board.

If you want to monitor the actual search path being flown by the search plane (a Dornier) in real time, go to www.flightradar24.com and type in a search for VH-PPQ which is the callsign of that search plane.

Then zoom in until the search pattern fits onto the screen. Choose satellite view as well, to get an idea of the rugged terrain they're searching.

You can also get the app for the iPad or iPhone - it's called FlightRadar24

Intriguing to watch the authorities at work.

I agree but that does not fit with unconfirmed reports that even seasoned journalists threw up when they heard details of the crime.

To be honest I think there may be a bit of exaggeration with these stories, there is no confirmation that the media were throwing up etc and I don't think it should be taken as gospel simply for dramatic effect, unless I've missed something.

To be honest I think there may be a bit of exaggeration with these stories, there is no confirmation that the media were throwing up etc and I don't think it should be taken as gospel simply for dramatic effect, unless I've missed something.

I was wondering whether the journalists were particularly confronted not just because of the nature of the crime but maybe for other reasons too, like possibly other info about the man charged that is not available to the Victorian public. This is just a thought and not fact. We also should't speculate about the nature of any other info that the journalists may have but were unable to report.

True - but everything is unconfirmed at this stage and this has not precluded discussion. And all we can do is speculate since we weren't there. But a series of events and psychology tells us certain things.

As to the reporters being sickened by off the record briefing material from the police, there is a twitter feed from a series of journalists that was posted earlier. The journos already know JM has been raped and murdered. That is on the public record. So they are prepared for something terrible. But we still get comments like "oh no!" and "this is not good guys" and words like horrific and some others I can't remember. Now I don't know anymore about this but psychology tells me that this suggests that what the perp did was up the richter scale in terms of horrible. But this is only my opinion and that's all I can give!

Just did a quick fb search and there are still 10 different pages up that reference AB's name - including one claiming he is innocent and 4 which all mention death penalty/execution in their names.

Probably the fact you can read a potentially biased hate page on FB, or check whats trending on twitter to the tune of 20000+ people.

You wont get that same effect from day to day conversation with your grocer, chemist, colleague.

Still doesn't make sense to me, if I had to bet money most "jurors" in the US dont let on to what all they know about a case, yea they may say they don't but that's real hard to believe most of the time, you'd have to live in a "hole" to know nothing. The internet is a fact of life so, most of "us" are not affected by hate pages, etc.. I just guess I don't agree with courts/attorneys using it as an excuse in a trial... (Sorry so off topic :( )

You missed something, I am not sure how it got to more than one - but I mentioned one that I know of.

I was wondering whether the journalists were particularly confronted not just because of the nature of the crime but maybe for other reasons too, like possibly other info about the man charged that is not available to the Victorian public. This is just a thought and not fact. We also should't speculate about the nature of any other info that the journalists may have but were unable to report.

You are correct, it was a no cameras, no recorders interview. they were told things that the public were not.

I did mention press conference happenings when it was happening. A Lot of people were getting updates from twitter too, those comments from journalists in the room were very unusual. Some of them were copied in these threads, I went back to a couple of news sources that I know and everything had been deleted

From memory, when the charges of rape and murder of Jill "on the morning of Saturday September 22 in Brunswick" were announced, the autopsy hadn't been performed.

I think he confessed everything because he knew the police had enough evidence to be sure it was him once he knew about the phone, toll cameras and CCTV.

You are correct, it was a no cameras, no recorders interview. they were told things that the public were not.

I did mention press conference happenings when it was happening. A Lot of people were getting updates from twitter too, those comments from journalists in the room were very unusual. Some of them were copied in these threads, I went back to a couple of news sources that I know and everything had been deleted

And that of itself is suggestive, is it not?

That is the intriguing part to me Strait lol While they say a jury is a selection of your peers they have all that questioning to weed out who they don't want (both prosecutors and defense) - I just find the whole system here fascinating

Well, lol it may be intriguing but in the end it is more about money.. I promise OJ's jury were not his peers, lol... As well as with an "average joe", if you can afford an attorney your good, young people who can't suffer..Don't want to get in trouble here, but IMO our justice system isn't about justice..it's real broken.

Yes I saw the Tweet you saw...It was removed from here as being a rumour. I do believe some unpleasant things were told to the media that night. I also believe they signed confidentiality reports. All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro