GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thank you for providing the details to find the link. How sad and terrifying. It makes me wonder what he put poor Jill through :sick:
I agree with what Brightbird said I think the details at the trial need to be suppressed for the sake of Jill's integrity.
That poor family, poor Jill :(

If it turns out he's the Claremont killer, and DNA was available from his series of St Kilda rapes and those murders then that is another colossal stuff up .. they should have been matched .. there should be a national DNA register for sex offenders.

If it turns out he's the Claremont killer, and DNA was available from his series of St Kilda rapes and those murders then that is another colossal stuff up .. they should have been matched .. there should be a national DNA register for sex offenders.

IKR? Can you imagine the fury? :what:

I'm hoping so much that he's responsible for those murders so he never walks the streets ever again! It would also be helpful to the families to have a sense if closure...

I came across this when looking for info on the Claremont Killer.

I wonder if this was AB?

http://netk.net.au/Articles/Estelle1.asp

Perth author Estelle Blackburn has revealed how she was the victim of brutal domestic violence at the hand of a man she believes could be the Claremont serial killer. I was savagely attacked by a man who I fear could be the Claremont serial killer. My attacker was good looking and charming, and he had unlicensed access to taxis. He lived the other side of Perth, but often stayed with me in my flat in Cottesloe. In the week before Sarah Spiers and Jane Rimmer went missing, my then boyfriend's personality changed. He seemed to be building up to something. And then he disappeared for several days. On the nights the Claremont killer struck on January 26 and June 9 1996, I didn't know what this man with access to taxis was doing.

There's a lot more........

Apologies if this has already been posted!!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...der-trial-to-begin-in-september-29151727.html

At the committal hearing prosecutor Gavin Silbert SC said that after he was arrested Bayley confessed to police that he raped and strangled Jill and then buried her.

Justice Nettle asked Mr Holt today if there had been any discussions between defence and prosecution about resolving a plea prior to a trial.

Mr Holt said he had only been Bayley's lawyer for a few days and hinted there was a chance of a resolution of the case.

"At the moment I'm giving advice and taking instructions" Mr Holt said.

Mr Silbert told the court the prosecution wishes to introduce evidence that might be controversial in the trial and it would require the judge to decide if it could go before a jury.

Justice Nettle said the parties can argue the point at a special hearing on April 29.

There is that disturbing and sensitive sentiment again - what can it be that's so controversial or more disgusting than what this excuse for a human being has already done.

WOW I wonder if it's true! Time will tell I guess. For the sake of the girls families I hope they can get some closure!

I came across this when looking for info on the Claremont Killer.

I wonder if this was AB?

http://netk.net.au/Articles/Estelle1.asp

Perth author Estelle Blackburn has revealed how she was the victim of brutal domestic violence at the hand of a man she believes could be the Claremont serial killer. I was savagely attacked by a man who I fear could be the Claremont serial killer. My attacker was good looking and charming, and he had unlicensed access to taxis. He lived the other side of Perth, but often stayed with me in my flat in Cottesloe. In the week before Sarah Spiers and Jane Rimmer went missing, my then boyfriend's personality changed. He seemed to be building up to something. And then he disappeared for several days. On the nights the Claremont killer struck on January 26 and June 9 1996, I didn't know what this man with access to taxis was doing.

There's a lot more........

Apologies if this has already been posted!!

I read her book Broken Lives about John Button & Eric Cook ( awesome book btw!! very very sad but an interesting well written book )

Gosh who the hell was her boyfriend ??? he sounds horrendous, and I surly hope he no longer walks among us.

What is AB's jail timeline?

He would have been 24??! at the time of Claremont.
Has anyone seen or heard that he spent time in W.A (Perth)

I remember quite a bit of talk going around about taxi driver's or someone having access to a cab.

I read her book Broken Lives about John Button & Eric Cook ( awesome book btw!! very very sad but an interesting well written book )

Gosh who the hell was her boyfriend ??? he sounds horrendous, and I surly hope he no longer walks among us.

What is AB's jail timeline?

He would have been 24??! at the time of Claremont.
Has anyone seen or heard that he spent time in W.A (Perth)

I remember quite a bit of talk going around about taxi driver's or someone having access to a cab.

I believe that it's been confirmed on here that he was living in WA in that timeline. I also recall he did jail time over there.

I pretty much heard dramatic piano music reading that ... daaaa dummmm.
Gosh.

and the fact that the Claremont crimes were some time ago now.... that is a L O N G time between drinks for someone to lay low for all those years.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...der-trial-to-begin-in-september-29151727.html

<respectfully snipped>

Mr Holt said he had only been Bayley's lawyer for a few days and hinted there was a chance of a resolution of the case.
"At the moment I'm giving advice and taking instructions" Mr Holt said.

Mr Silbert told the court the prosecution wishes to introduce evidence that might be controversial in the trial and it would require the judge to decide if it could go before a jury. Justice Nettle said the parties can argue the point at a special hearing on April 29.

Wonder what that could be? Interesting there has been a change of lawyer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust