GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Jillian Meagher’s murder came to light, WA police have received calls from journalists asking if the man charged with killing her as she walked home from a Melbourne pub after a night with friends, could be connected to the deaths of the three Perth women. The police media unit’s carefully worded reply, merely stated that investigations into the Claremont killings remain ongoing. But The Starfish has been told that Jillian’s alleged killer was not in WA when the Perth women went missing.

http://www.thestarfish.com.au/the-claremont-killings-16-years-on/

media hype?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...der-trial-to-begin-in-september-29151727.html

At the committal hearing prosecutor Gavin Silbert SC said that after he was arrested Bayley confessed to police that he raped and strangled Jill and then buried her.

Justice Nettle asked Mr Holt today if there had been any discussions between defence and prosecution about resolving a plea prior to a trial.

Mr Holt said he had only been Bayley's lawyer for a few days and hinted there was a chance of a resolution of the case.

"At the moment I'm giving advice and taking instructions" Mr Holt said.

Mr Silbert told the court the prosecution wishes to introduce evidence that might be controversial in the trial and it would require the judge to decide if it could go before a jury.

Justice Nettle said the parties can argue the point at a special hearing on April 29.

There is that disturbing and sensitive sentiment again - what can it be that's so controversial or more disgusting than what this excuse for a human being has already done.

There was a comment made on another seemingly unmoderated forum tonight regarding this that greatly disturbs me. Another case of victim blaming and seriously foul accusations laid at both Jill & her husband. Could the Defence take us own this road? It would be "controversial" and unpopular with the public as suggested by the media. Could we see further pain for Jill's family???!!!

This week has been a bad week in Australia with regard to victim assassinations. We must change this...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...der-trial-to-begin-in-september-29151727.html

At the committal hearing prosecutor Gavin Silbert SC said that after he was arrested Bayley confessed to police that he raped and strangled Jill and then buried her.

Justice Nettle asked Mr Holt today if there had been any discussions between defence and prosecution about resolving a plea prior to a trial.

Mr Holt said he had only been Bayley's lawyer for a few days and hinted there was a chance of a resolution of the case.

"At the moment I'm giving advice and taking instructions" Mr Holt said.

Mr Silbert told the court the prosecution wishes to introduce evidence that might be controversial in the trial and it would require the judge to decide if it could go before a jury.

Justice Nettle said the parties can argue the point at a special hearing on April 29.

There is that disturbing and sensitive sentiment again - what can it be that's so controversial or more disgusting than what this excuse for a human being has already done.

He has a different lawyer. Is it Normal, to change lawyers at this stage? I wonder if this new lawyer is telling him to plead guilty...

There was a comment made on another seemingly unmoderated forum tonight regarding this that greatly disturbs me. Another case of victim blaming and seriously foul accusations laid at both Jill & her husband. Could the Defence take us own this road? It would be "controversial" and unpopular with the public as suggested by the media. Could we see further pain for Jill's family???!!!

This week has been a bad week in Australia with regard to victim assassinations. We must change this...

It's the prosecution with the controversial evidence, not the defence. I think they are saying they'd prefer it to remain private, and perhaps have a trial by judge...

It's the prosecution with the controversial evidence, not the defence. I think they are saying they'd prefer it to remain private, and perhaps have a trial by judge...

Apologies, my head was still reeling from what I had read elsewhere.

I believe that it's been confirmed on here that he was living in WA in that timeline. I also recall he did jail time over there.

Ive been trawling through posts to see where I read this and all I have been able to find is some comments on another forum where it discredits the notion that AB did do time in WA as AE. There was an AE who had but it has been mentioned that he had a different middle name and DOB.

I have no official links to back any of this up so all of it is hearsay.....

2 questions : why is the tyremart footage included in the cctv, how is it related?

if he didn't move Jill's body, would DNA have done him in? Because the travel and phone records did instead, moving seems like a big mistake.

Here is CCTV footage of Jane ( Claremont victim)
Wish it was clearer, not really sure what I am looking at, I think the guy in the black shirt looks like a bouncer?

Claremont Killings CCTV footage released - YouTube

Hi Snoobysnack,

This is a documentary about the Claremont Murders which aired in Australia a couple of years ago, it goes into detail about the CCTV footage when Jane went missing:

Crime Doc- The Claremont Murders (Documentary) - YouTube

The discussion about the CCTV footage is at 36:20 to 39:55 and it is footage of Jane as she left the Continental Hotel.

She is seen near the pole standing looking into the road and at one stage she is speaking to someone (a dark haired "mystery man") who speaks to her briefly and then leaves. He was never identified and was the only person apart from her friends who were caught on this film speaking to her.

Some time later she disappears from the footage.

In 2002, a Victorian court found Bayley ,a pastry chef & father of four, guilty of 16 rapes of five Melbourne women.

~ Australian Women's Weekly, Nov issue

"No decent person could [deny] that he should still be serving a long sentence today," Instead he was released after 8 years, even though the sentencing judge said the premeditated series of sexual acts, which took place over a 7 month reign of terror, caused the victims 'horrifying distress', excruciating pain', 'deliberate humiliation' and ' haunting psychological consequences'.

Bayley was then being sentenced as a 30 yr old who had previously served 3 yrs for raping 4 teenagers. He was quite plainly a danger to all young woman in the community."

In 2002, a Victorian court found Bayley ,a pastry chef & father of four, guilty of 16 rapes of five Melbourne women.

~ Australian Women's Weekly, Nov issue

"No decent person could [deny] that he should still be serving a long sentence today," Instead he was released after 8 years, even though the sentencing judge said the premeditated series of sexual acts, which took place over a 7 month reign of terror, caused the victims 'horrifying distress', excruciating pain', 'deliberate humiliation' and ' haunting psychological consequences'.

Bayley was then being sentenced as a 30 yr old who had previously served 3 yrs for raping 4 teenagers. He was quite plainly a danger to all young woman in the community."
We can voice our concerns over the release of this type of predator can, if they wish, write to:
Mr. Dennis Napthine,
Premier,
The Victorian Parliament,
1 Treasury Place,
Melbourne, 3001.

Also to the General Manager of the Victorian Parole Board is Mr. David Provan.
The address of the Victorian Adult Parole Board is:-
Adult Parole Board of Victoria
4/444 Swanston St
Carlton VIC 3053
Tel: 03 9094 2111
Email: apb.enquiries@justice.vic.gov.au

I keep hoping that we've heard the worst of it. It doesn't bear thinking about. My only guess is that there is CCTV footage.

why is the tyremart footage included in the cctv, how is it related?
It was something to do with him changing the tyres on the car in the days after the attack.

It's not MSN, it's Aussie Criminals site. In the comments section of AB.

All hearsay because its not MSN.

People have warped ideas. Trolls hopefully...

IMO

I agree. Have just posted a response. I couldn't let it go :facepalm:

Great response. I wanted to write exactly that but was 'dumb' with rage. Honestly!!!!????

Thanks so much for your support! I struggled to express myself eloquently when I really wanted to say lots of very harsh things in a very crass way... :banghead:

2 questions : why is the tyremart footage included in the cctv, how is it related?

Hi,

It's related as he took the car and had 4 new tyres put on it. I guess so they could not match up tread?

can you please post a link to your reply, i can't find it...

can you please post a link to your reply, i can't find it...

I've seen it in a few stories but here is a brief mention:

"Adrian said that he had to put a boot mat into the Astra which he got from the wreckers," manager Glen Sadiq told police.

Bayley also had the car's four tyres changed.

Investigators would establish that about 1pm, Bayley asked for a roadworthy certificate so he could transfer ownership of the Astra into his de facto's name.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/na...an-ernest-bayley/story-fndo1svg-1226596495389

That story has a lot of info in it. He was really working hard to cover his tracks. I can't believe they have all the footage, it's rather amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans