GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also noted that his phone was in Brunswick an hour after he attacked Jill... What was he doing for that hour?

Indeed Jmbr that hour doesn't bear thinking about; maybe helps explain why it took him so long to get from B'wick to Coburg and back (ie he didn't leave Jill until much later)... probably another very good reason that all the details won't now (hopefully) come out...

So incredibly sad, but I feel such relief that the game playing of this creature is nearly over... I'm not a big rap for 'closure' as such, but this ongoing torture for Jill's family is just not right - I so hope they get a chance to grieve and remember their loved one and find moments of joy in life from here...

I am so glad Jill's loved ones will not have to sit through a trial. Now we have to hope that the inevitable reduction in his sentence is small. :furious:

There would be something seriously wrong with the system if he is allowed to roam the streets again. May he rot in jail for the rest of his life.

Bayley, 41, stood in a Supreme Court dock this afternoon and uttered the word "guilty" when asked for his plea to the charge of murder.

Bayley also pleaded guilty to one count of rape.

He has been remanded in custody to re-appear before Justice Geoff Nettle for a plea hearing on June 11.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-of-jill-meagher/story-fnat79vb-1226613275706
<modsnip>Lock him away from the community where he can't rape & murder any women and girls anymore. I hope that Jill's husband and family feel a sense of relief today and that all the women victims of Bayley's feel a sense of 'justice being seen to be done' today. Thank you Victoria Police for a thorough investigation and criminal process leading towards today's result. Thank you to the DPP and OPP for not allowing this deviant to manipulate the system towards a lesser charge and for holding firm with the 'murder' charge.

http://www.humanheadline.com.au/Hinch-Says/friday-thoughts

Hinch reveals that:

Twice before Jill Meagher's murder, Police appealed to the Parole Board to put Bayley back behind bars.

According to my senior Police source late last year, the Sexual Crimes squad were so concerned that they made that recommendation. I realise now, it could have been linked to the concerns raised by Bayley's own family. Once he's locked up, maybe the full story will come out. And, again, an angry public justifiably will be asking: How the hell did this man make parole?

Family warned authorities about Jill Meagher accused Adrian Bayley, by Anthony Dowsley, Herald Sun, April 05, 2013 12:00AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ed-adrian-bayley/story-fnat79vb-1226612460505

AUTHORITIES were warned that Adrian Bayley was a risk of attacking a woman before Jill Meagher was raped and killed.
The Herald Sun can reveal that months before the 29-year-old ABC employee was raped and strangled, Bayley's parents met authorities and pleaded with them over their grave concerns about his behaviour.

This is devastating :(

http://www.humanheadline.com.au/Hinch-Says/friday-thoughts

Hinch reveals that:

Twice before Jill Meagher's murder, Police appealed to the Parole Board to put Bayley back behind bars.

According to my senior Police source late last year, the Sexual Crimes squad were so concerned that they made that recommendation. I realise now, it could have been linked to the concerns raised by Bayley's own family. Once he's locked up, maybe the full story will come out.
And, again, an angry public justifiably will be asking: How the hell did this man make parole?

Hey...Hinch is right. How the hell did this well known predator get Parole in the first friggin place? Who did he manage to manipulate? Don't they know about how smooth psychopaths can be and how they have learned to beat the system by presenting a 'false self' to authorities? Parole Board of Victoria have blood on their hands IMO. They should be held accountable for Bayley's continued Parole despite Police pleas and family pleas to incarcerate him due to his risk of attacking another woman - all before Jill Meagher was attacked. I sincerely hope that the Meagher family will consider Legal action to sue the Victorian Parole Board in this case. My opinion only.

I can't imagine how those police felt when this happened, after they tried to prevent it. After all, they are on the frontline dealing with the horror of it all.

Justice Nettle suppressed all details of Friday's case in Victoria, including the contents of his interview with police after his arrest on September 27.

The only exception the judge made was that the media could report Bayley had pleaded guilty to one count of murder and one count of rape.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...gher-murder-20130405-2hb9p.html#ixzz2PajxSolv

I thought everything had already been suppressed - why is this so pivotal to the case, even now that he has plead guilty, I don't understand?

The Herald Sun also reports today that Bayley was tipped off that police were looking for him by a government official, a state government employee. It is reported police decided to take no action against that employee, but they have information on telephone intercepts.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/more-questions-arise-following-latest-adrian-bayley-revelations/20130405-2haj3.html

This is just crazy.. how come the person who tipped him off (and abetting an offender) is getting let off with this?

They told me that Bayley was warned that police were looking for him and that he decided to spend some time at a brothel effectively awaiting arrest.

Of course.. this story just disguists me more and more.

April 05, 2013 11:00PM

Coupled with this official unease was the rush of kindness. It was little consolation - the "goofy" girl who sang and wrote poetry wasn't coming back. Yet it showed that strangers could still care about strangers.

Jill had more friends than she could have known - 30,000 people marched in the street for her, many times more joined a Facebook tribute page.

The march was about peace. It called for an end to violence. Flowers multiplied in the doorway of a Sydney Rd bridal boutique. Jill's husband, Tom, said such gestures of support brought some comfort.

As did a single word heard in the Supreme Court yesterday: "Guilty."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...across-melbourne/story-e6freon6-1226613620235

2u9obgp.jpg

Looks like he has been looking after himself pretty well in prison. Doing his hair for his court appearance too.

I can't help wondering if the official who tipped him off was from the parole board. Maybe he fooled someone there with his nice guy act, enough to get him out on parole and enough for them to ignore the police concerns.

2u9obgp.jpg

Looks like he has been looking after himself pretty well in prison. Doing his hair for his court appearance too.

He looks so different in all the photos of him... I wouldn't recognize him from that first Facebook photo to what I've seen of him now.

Imagine being the person who cuts his hair..

I can't help wondering if the official who tipped him off was from the parole board. Maybe he fooled someone there with his nice guy act, enough to get him out on parole and enough for them to ignore the police concerns.

I'm thinking his parole officer too. I don't think he fooled anyone, but was let out on parole because that's what the system is geared to: the rights of the accused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214