GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel nauseous reading what happened to her. I can't even imagine what he did that isn't being released. I'm furious. When he's found guilty of murder there will be no leniency due to a guilty plea. He'll rot in there. He better anyway.

I don't get how he can admit to it then deny it later? Is he saying he didn't realize she was dead when he left her because he didn't mean to kill her? but then why come back with a shovel?

poor tom. What a true gentleman he has been through all this.

bbm
exactly!

bbm...I don't get how he can admit to it then deny it later? Is he saying he didn't realize she was dead when he left her because he didn't mean to kill her? but then why come back with a shovel? ...

Exactly!

4.35pm: Adrian Ernest Bayley has been committed to stand trial in the Supreme Court for the alleged murder and rape of Jill Meagher.

Mr Bayley, 41, stood in a protective dock at Melbourne Magistrates' Court this afternoon and pleaded not guilty to the single count of murder and two of the three counts of rape he was facing.

He pleaded guilty to one charge of rape.

A distressed Tom Meagher stormed out of the courtroom after Mr Bayley announced his pleas.

Mr Bayley will appear in the Supreme Court for a directions hearing on March 25.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...an-ernest-bayley/story-fnat79vb-1226595139031

I believe he's going for the not guilty plea just to extend & continue the pain & suffering towards Jill's husband & family.

He is evil!! :furious:

Omg. I can believe that he plead not guilty to murder. Its rediculous. I hope to hell he's found guilty of all charges and rots in jail never seeing the light of day.
Don't judges reduce the sentence for pleading guilty? How dare he put that family through hearing all the details again. My heart goes out to Tom and Jill's family. He's a callus monster.

I believe he's going for the not guilty plea just to extend & continue the pain & suffering towards Jill's husband & family.

Completely agree... raping and murdering Jill proves his charecter.. he does not have an ounce of human decency. . Not guilty plea is not surprising to me at all.. :furious:

Oh totally agree. He would be getting off on this. *&^%.

Totally horrified reading the details from today's hearing. I can't even contemplate what's being withheld from us.

It just breaks your heart to think about what Jill must have gone through in her final moments :(

Then I just feel so furiously angry at the unfairness of it all. Even a day less than a life sentence for the perpetrator of this crime would be a shocking injustice.

I feel so numb today, also anger.... I believe AB will have everything against him
in this case.... He will rot in jail, I have to believe that.

How absolutely awful for Tom, and Jill's family.

Praying they will throw the key away.

The news.com.au reports are saying new CCTV footage will be added soon.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...an-ernest-bayley/story-fnat79vb-1226595870138

Haven't seen it yet, it makes me sick. They must have more. It's almost like they're proving to the public he's guilty. He doesn't stand a chance.

Woah pretty revealing article into AB's frame of mind when he confessed.

In Bayley’s record of interview - tendered in evidence - he told homicide detectives he had to take “responsibility” and thought the death penalty should be reintroduced.

“I hope they bring back the death penalty before I get sentenced,’’ he told detectives.

“… But I’ve done. I’ve already done it. I can’t – I can’t do that again for what 20 years, 25 years. Nah. It’s no life man. They should have the death penalty for people like me anyway.’’
Bayley wept during his record of interview in which he made admissions.

He also told police he never meant to hurt Ms Meagher and had only stopped to talk to her and “help her” because she looked lost.

But she “flipped me off and that made me angry”, Bayley said in his record of interview.

So much for those of us that thought she might of been conned by him at the outset. She was far too intelligent for that.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...on-amid-new-cctv/story-fnat79vb-1226595870138

In Bayley’s record of interview - tendered in evidence - he told homicide detectives he had to take “responsibility” and thought the death penalty should be reintroduced.

“I hope they bring back the death penalty before I get sentenced,’’ he told detectives.

Easy way out if he's killed. I just don't get it!! How can he admit to it and then deny it?!!

Woah pretty revealing article into AB's frame of mind when he confessed.

“… But I’ve done. I’ve already done it. I can’t – I can’t do that again for what 20 years, 25 years. Nah. It’s no life man. They should have the death penalty for people like me anyway.’’
Bayley wept during his record of interview in which he made admissions.

He also told police he never meant to hurt Ms Meagher and had only stopped to talk to her and “help her” because she looked lost.

But she “flipped me off and that made me angry”, Bayley said in his record of interview.

So much for those of us that thought she might of been conned by him at the outset. She was far too intelligent for that.

Yep. I knew she'd told him to get lost. I just wish she rang Tom and got him to come and get her!

He never meant to hurt her? Yeah right. He seems to try to 'help' a lot of women.

This won't load for me. Is it available anywhere else?

Try news.com.au it will more than likely be on every news site. Disturbing.

Sorry it's not up there yet. Loaded fine for me too..

Thanks. My laptop must be playing up. I was able to watch it on my phone. So that's the CCTV footage we heard about at the time. Chilling is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33